Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

FranS
Star Contributor

Estero, FL
USA
461 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2008 :  1:54:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The oil companies say they need to have the money today to pay for tomorrow's inflated gas prices.

Maybe we should develop our train system to travel more cheaply. Or make hybrid cars that are affordable. Or do some off shore drilling. Europeans pay more for gas but their little cars get 45 mpg. They also have a wonderful and affordable train system that gets people where they want to go. I'd never take Greyhound because they are located in awful areas of towns. It's time to stop complaining and start acting I guess. In FL, they say the oil rings in the Gulf where there is oil would ruin the view. If it doesn't hurt the environment and is far enough from shore [which it really would be], then go ahead. We need to do something now. NOt ten years from now.

FranS
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62073 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  07:19:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine sent me this, pretty interesting, thought I'd share.
Put your zip code in and see what stations in your area are charging.
Mine went from $4.08-$4.29.

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx

On the bottom of the page it said lowest was $3.30 in Pearson, GA
and highest was $5.09 in Darien, CT.
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2008 :  08:04:38 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't know if anyone posted this site yet, but thought I would post again anyway to keep it easy to find.
http://www.gasbuddy.com

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Paula Kutka
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1671 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  8:09:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
CNN said that some of these sites don't update very fast.

I lucked out at the grocery store this afternoon. It was $3.78 but if you used your card $3.75 but then you got ten cents off per gallon to bring it down to $3.65 a gallon. Lucky to get $3.65.....totally nuts!!!!!

I like that CNN is showing their 4 BUCKS! over and over again....something has got to GIVE!

Paula
Gold Certified shopping the Houston/Galveston area and IAH Airport since 2002
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  3:20:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We were at the beach over the weekend for a nice getaway. We live near Charlotte, NC and were at Nags Head/Kill Devil Hills/Outer Banks, NC for vacation. Anyway on our way home we found two truck stops that had cheaper gas than anywhere else. between 5 and 10 cents cheaper than anyplace else we had seen. We actually passed the exit when we saw it and turned around and went back. These two truck stops are just north of Burlington, NC on I-85. The prices are: regular: $3.81, mid grade: $3.91 this was a Flying J and a Hess. Here locally the cheap station is at $3.87 for regular and $3.97 for mid grade.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  05:22:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm a Sam's club member. I filled up about two weeks ago and found that it was about 20 cents cheaper then the $4.01 cents I would have paid. It is very scary at the pump.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

ShelliHoskins
Star Contributor

Indianapolis, IN
USA
324 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  3:40:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's $4.199 for low-grade unleaded in Spencer, IN. Crazy!!!

Shelli ;)
Go to Top of Page

Aileen M.
Star Contributor

Naperville, IL
USA
410 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2008 :  5:12:06 PM  Visit Aileen M.'s Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yesterday afternoon I filled up at $4.06...but last night the same gas station was charging $4.24.

Aileen Mullee
General Manager
Ann Michaels and Associates
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2008 :  06:08:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
$3.99
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62073 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2008 :  06:23:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
paid $4.13 yesterday
Go to Top of Page

AmyK
Star Contributor

Marin County, CA
USA
426 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2008 :  12:23:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Count your blessings, it's ranges from $4.51 to $4.99 here in the Bay area. It's getting absurd.

Amy
Gold in SF Bay Area
Go to Top of Page

ShelliHoskins
Star Contributor

Indianapolis, IN
USA
324 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2008 :  2:43:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
AmyK,
You're so right...it is getting absurd. I rarely even go anywhere anymore if I'm not working. Or I make sure I can get more than one thing/appointment taken care of in the same trip. It's awful!

Shelli ;)
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  04:40:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We are up to $4.17. If being ripped off at the pump is not bad enough. One other annoying thing is taking place at the pump. I waited 15 minutes to pump yesterday. I put in my card and it asked for my zipcode. With out thinking I put in my New zipcode. My card would not work. I had to put the one that was associated with the card in and that was the Ohio one. The gas station attendant stated it helps track things if something goes wrong. My opinion, We are having to give too much info just to make a transation. The prices are bad enough. I had to go inside and just have them run the card the olf fashion way. What a pain.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  04:55:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Same as it was 10 days ago.....$3.99. As for entering your zip code, I have seen that at some stations for the past 2 years. It is just an added security measure to protect the cardholder but I do wonder how many chances you get to enter the correct zip code.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  05:25:56 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
We are at 3.99.9 been sitting on this for the last two weeks.
Go to Top of Page

SJones
Star Contributor

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  09:22:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
$3.95 to $3.99... And yes for quite some time now. I think they are waiting on the regular KY gas tax increase in July. Then it'll be $4+ and they can blame the new gas tax. It'll be a 1.5 cent increase just for that

Susanne
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

Presley
Valued Contributor

Dallas, Texas
USA
121 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  1:29:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I paid $3.83 yesterday. Also, there are two stations here, a QT and RaceTrac, that are having a gas war. They are directly across the freeway from each other and they are charging $3.65! Don't know if it is still going on, this was last week. We also had a radio station several weeks ago that sponsored a one day event. One particular service station sold gas for $1.50 all day. They showed the pictures of hundreds of cars lined up to get gas.

I would imagine that some people ended up paying just as much as everyone else when they were two miles down the line from the station and had to wait their turn, they probably used in gas, any money they would have saved!

Presley, KH
Gold Certified
Shopping Dallas/Ft. Worth & Surrounding Areas
Go to Top of Page

AmyK
Star Contributor

Marin County, CA
USA
426 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  6:43:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Prices here in the SF Bay Area haven't moved all week much to my surprise. My local station (and one of the cheapest in the country) has stayed at $4.52 all week.

Amy
Gold in SF Bay Area
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62073 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  6:56:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't like going past a half tank now. Today I put in a tank, paid $21.00 $4.18/gal
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2008 :  03:22:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Its $4.17 for regular here in the DC area still. I stopped at a station and handed the cashier a twenty. I said put in $15.00 I needed the change elsewhere. He looked at me and said is that all your going to spend? I said yes. He said you know gas is expensive now. I smiled and walked out but was thinking thank you Einstein for informing me.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums