Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

CarolynNC
Star Contributor

Landis, NC
USA
1204 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  10:08:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, We just got back in from Boone/Blowing Rock NC, and the gas there was for the most part the same as my home town. $2.28-$2.35.

quote:
I remember not that long ago gas was 99 cents.

I remember when I only had to pay 0.75 cents per gallon on a "high" day and 0.69 on a "low"! NOW that is something I wouldn't mind again.
My GRANDma use to tell me about it only being 5-10 cents per gallon when her dad and brother ran a petro station here in town, and that wasn't really that long ago, it was in the mid to late 50's.....Well, I guess it looks and sounds "not that long ago" until you really think about it, that has been at least 50 years ago. Boy, these times they are a chang'n.

I'm not asleep....I'm checking for light leaks! :)
Go to Top of Page

Presley
Valued Contributor

Dallas, Texas
USA
121 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  1:48:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I paid $ 2.16 today. Ours seems to be going down more often than it goes up, which is great.

Presley, KH
Gold Certified
Shopping Dallas/Ft. Worth & Surrounding Areas
Go to Top of Page

PennyC
Star Contributor

GA
USA
658 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  2:09:16 PM  Visit PennyC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Presley I could say the same for our prices, but when it goes down here it is only a couple cents at a time & when it goes up it goes up by $.10-.20!
Paid $2.15 yesterday in Greenville, MI.

PennyC
MSPA Gold Certified 5/04
Shopping Gwinnett, Hall and Jackson Counties in Georgia
Go to Top of Page

MargeI
Star Contributor

Middletown, MD
USA
900 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  2:55:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I remember when gas and cigarettes were the same price. About 60 cents. I remember my mom getting mad because she thought they had a cheap price for gas, when it was actually the cigarette price.

So if you don't like the price of gas, be grateful if you don't smoke! I don't! Yaaaay!
Go to Top of Page

PhyllisM
Valued Contributor

Las Vegas, NV
USA
121 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  6:06:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I paid $2.23 at a WaWa yesterday, however, there are prices ranging from $2.19 ( I found at some unknown brand gas station in Souderton, PA that personally I am almost ready to try considering I drive approx. 400 or more miles a week) and then there are prices ranging from $2.39 to $2.59. The amazing part is that Exxon/Mobil stations seem to have the highest prices and in the last year they made their largest profit, ever.

Phyllis Monkiewicz
Go to Top of Page

KimSSFL
Star Contributor

Fort Lauderdale, FL
USA
308 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  1:00:54 PM  Visit KimSSFL's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I paid $2.39 today and thats cheap. I am in Ft.Lauderdale.FL. Doesn't look like it's going down any time soon

Kim

Kimberly Kooper
Satisfaction Services,Inc
Account Manager
1-800-564-6574
Go to Top of Page

MarionR
Star Contributor

Delaware County, PA
USA
345 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  7:53:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I paid $2.35 today. It was a cheap station. All other around me are going for 2.39 and above.

Marion
Gold Certified July 2005
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  8:12:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
<sigh> It's been $2.26 by me these last few days. I had about 2/3 of a tank this morning, so I didn't get any. I planned to go to NJ tonight, where gas costs less, and I thought I'd fill up there.

Got there and it was $2.17-$2.26, and I didn't feel like stopping for gas, so I drove back here ... and tonight it's up to $2.34 here.
Go to Top of Page

EliseWeav
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
528 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  9:12:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Uggh. I can't believe when I looked that I was paying 2.59 for regular to put in my gas guzzling SUV the other day!

Elise
Boston area, especially North Shore. Silver certified and shopping since 2004.
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  4:02:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wonder what happened yesterday to make gas go up like that. Today it's back down from $2.34, though it's $2.28 and not the $2.26 that it was before yesterday.

Wawa says they do their price changes in the morning, so I'll hope it's a trend and wait till morning to fill up.
Go to Top of Page

DianeM
Star Contributor

Michigan
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  12:25:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gas prices have jumped around $.50/gal. here where I live (Detroit metro area) in the last 2 days. Average prices are $3.15-$3.39/gal. How high is it where everyone else lives?
Go to Top of Page

SarahH
Star Contributor

MI
USA
313 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  1:13:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I am sorry to report we are at $3.31 a gallon here. The attendant in the station told my hubby to expect to see $4.50 or better by early next week. Looks like i'm staying home alot more, considering my big ole' truck only gets 9, yes 9 miles to a gallon
Go to Top of Page

Jen_in_MD
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  1:43:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As of this morning, it was $2.95 for a gallon of regular unleaded....and I live in a rural area. We'll see what it's at when I return home tonight.

MSPA Gold certified: #5bqyg3
Specializing in hotel, spa, and fine dining evaluations throughout MD, DC, and Northern VA
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  1:58:17 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
As of this morning oil was DOWN to $67 a barrel, yet gas went from $2.64 to $3.29 within 12 hours. How can oil go down, yet gas go up?

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

LindaCulp
Star Contributor

Portland, Oregon
USA
2339 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  2:11:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Abe,

The same way the gas companies have been gouging us for years. They just tell us this is how much it'll cost you, and we pay it.

I bought gas on Monday, and at the Sam's Club member discount price, it was $2.39 for regular unleaded ($2.44 for non-members).

Happily shopping the Portland, Oregon metro area!
~MSPA *Gold* Certified, 2003~
Go to Top of Page

CarolynNC
Star Contributor

Landis, NC
USA
1204 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  2:43:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I filled up last night @ $2.69 per gal. I have not gone out today, so I don't know if it went up anymore yet. It went up 24 cents within 12 hrs yesterday. I'll find out when DH comes in.
TIME TO BORROW A HORSE AND BUGGY FROM MY SISTER

I'm not asleep....I'm checking for light leaks! :)
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  3:19:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gas was $2.60 at lunch today. After work, it was $2.95 -- a 35 cent jump!

Usually, it goes down for long holiday weekends.
What happened???
Go to Top of Page

MechelleNga
Valued Contributor

GA
USA
199 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  3:36:37 PM  Visit MechelleNga's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just saw where on one side of the street, the gas was $3.49 and $2.69, on the other. Just depends if you exit off the expressway, from the North or the South

Here's a link to find the cheapest gas, by zip code. It has become my best friend.

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=30238&src=QL

Mechelle
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie in Burbank
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
5940 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  3:47:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
On sunday night I paid $2.69/gal for reg. I drove by that station yesterday twice. It went up to $2.79 in the morning and last night it was up to $2.89.
I'm not sure what it is today.

Bonnie
Go to Top of Page

AdAora
Star Contributor

Deep in the heart of, TX
USA
3770 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2005 :  4:20:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Last night $2.53, this afternoon $2.72.

Gold certified in TX
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums