Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  11:40:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just saw $2.28 today. I paid $2.59 at one place about two weeks ago.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping the Houston, TX area.
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2009 :  9:39:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well it is still holding, once again I paid 2.11 in Mo., and 2.24 in Ar. sure helps when you are driving 600 to 700 miles a week.
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62073 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2009 :  06:47:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's down a bit, $2.52 for regular unleaded
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2009 :  07:17:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's running between $2.19 and $2.21 in Houston.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2013 :  02:16:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow, I wanted to post that gas was down to $3.09 yesterday and thought that was great.

Then I saw my previous post in 2009 when it was $2.19-$2.21. I had forgotten about that.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2013 :  05:49:15 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Up here in God's Country, gas prices are slowly coming down. I filled up last night and it was $3.499! I thought I was getting a good deal when with my "pump perks" from the grocery store, I paid $3.129 a gallon.
Go to Top of Page

Diane G.
Contributor

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  5:53:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
$3.05 here in New Jersey the other day.
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2013 :  7:20:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is still coming down. I actually saw one station selling for $2.99.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3045 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2013 :  06:04:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Paid $3.09 yesterday--would have been $2.99 if I had inserted my grocery store card, but didn't have it with me.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2014 :  2:07:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Woohoo!! I don't have to worry about gas prices or pumping gas!! One of the best things about going blind!! LOL
Go to Top of Page

BCheatam
Star Contributor

IN
USA
290 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2014 :  4:57:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jnanna, on those stores around here, you can use the "alternate number" feature. Hit that button and type in your home phone that the card is registered in. Works great!

Silver Certified Mystery Shopper & Auditor in Central and Southern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3045 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2014 :  07:47:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
prices here have been hovering around $3.00 for regular since before Christmas.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2015 :  06:25:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Recently I saw as low as $1.59 in a few places but it is starting to creep back up. Mostly though, the lowest was $1.79 in most places.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2015 :  5:20:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I saw the lowest in a while at $1.89 for regular.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2015 :  12:32:09 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
A new grocery store opened up in town, and their gas prices are 5 cents cheaper per gallon than all the others in town. Consequently, the other stores have had to drop their prices to compete. Even still, our gas prices are high in comparison to others posting. We were at $2.339 a gallon yesterday when I filled up. It was reported on local news the prices should drop down in the dollar range before Christmas.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3045 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2015 :  11:43:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just bought a Dodge Grand Caravan with Flex Fuel capabilities. Of course, the only gas station in town that sells flex fuel is shut down for renovation and who knows when it will re-open, but research indicates that the flex fuel costs approximately $1.00 less per gallon and has a higher octane rating, so it makes for higher mileage. I can't wait to try it. In the mean time, I paid 1.79 per gallon last week.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2015 :  5:40:40 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Many of us have vehicles that recommend using high octane gas, but due to its higher price, we dont. While shopping the automotive department a while back, I noticed one product that could be added to your gas tank that increases the octane. If I remember correctly, it was to be added to every other fill, and would increase your mileage per gallon. When I was working yet, I used it, and did notice the difference, but now my car sits in the garage more than its on the road.Thought this info may be something for others to check out.
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
178 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2015 :  3:59:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd urge checking your vehicle's warranty to see if using a lower-octane gasoline or a non-approved gas additive might void your warranty.

On the Flex Fuel issue, I did have a car that could use it (2002 Ford taurus). Being that flex fuel was around 60 cents/gallon cheaper than regular unleaded, I tried it one time. The flex fuel here in Alabama was lower octane than even regular unleaded, and I think I managed only about 16mpg running it rather than the 26mpg running regular unleaded. Your Results May Vary.

Robert
Over 30 years in the Field
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3045 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2015 :  7:42:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just got back from a week visiting friends and family. Haven't looked at the numbers, yet, but it sure seems like I used less gas to get to IL than I used on the way back. Used regular unleaded going north and flex fuel traveling south. I'll post the results once I sit down with the receipts and calculate the mileage each leg of the trip. I do know that I actually drove more miles once I started using the flex fuel, so it may turn out differently than I am expecting.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2015 :  11:20:46 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jnanne, did you pay any attention as to what gas prices were on your trip? After reading some of the recent postings, I thought $1.97 was cheap up here, but found out differently. That new grocery store is really shaking things up in this town that was dominated by two large companies who have given us more excuses than Carter has pills, as to why we paid more for fuel than those cities within 20 miles of here.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums