Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

LauraB
Star Contributor

Frederick, MD
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  11:42:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I drove into a shopping center today and noticed gas was $3.15 and there were no lines or signs indicating they were out of regular. I toyed with the idea of filling up on my way in, but I was running late. I joked with my friends that the price will probably jump up while I am in the store. Haha. Joke's on me. Two hours later, I filled my tank up at that same station for $3.26. Eleven cents in two hours.

MSPA Gold Certified #4xgoix
Go to Top of Page

EliseWeav
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
528 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  12:17:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
$2.99 for regular here last night.
I haven't checked today though.

Elise
Boston area, especially North Shore. Silver certified and shopping since 2004.
Go to Top of Page

CherryLynn

Rome, GA
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  2:25:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
3.19 to 3.29 for regular unleaded in NW GA. I give up and am going to be extremely selective for my shops to conserve gas to drive to my regular job.
Remember those cute little mopeds that were sold all over the area last summer that were gas/electric for about $200? Saw one for sale just a half hour ago....$385, (used)!!

Cherry Walker
Go to Top of Page

KellyBear
Star Contributor

Fairfax, VA
USA
1198 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  3:36:55 PM  Send KellyBear an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I almost cried on the way home from work tonight. 2 stations were up to $4.05 for REGULAR. I managed to fill up with premium at $3.29 this afternoon. Everywhere is out of regular and mid-grade. It's awful.
Go to Top of Page

Donnabella
Star Contributor

Peoria, AZ
USA
369 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  4:01:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We are still pretty "cheap" here in Idaho. $2.89 for regular. No issues of supply here. They said our supply won't be affected as our gas come from California.

Prices spiked about $.30 overnight at first, but have remained the same for the last two days. My husband and I wonder why our prices are spiking when our supply is not affected. Sounds like retailers are trying to capitalize out here...but you never know.

Donna
Shopping the Metropolitan Phoenix Area
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  7:04:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OMG, and I thought things were bad in PA! Gas was $3.19 this morning, $3.25 this afternoon, and just a few miles east, $3.42.

But I hadn't heard there were shortages! I figured I'd wait out the holiday weekend, but I guess I'll fill up just so I don't get close to empty and then there's no gas.

This could bring America (and Canada) to its knees far more effectively than terrorism could.
Go to Top of Page

Heather86
Star Contributor

Bourbonnais (S. of Chicago), IL
USA
2015 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  8:12:13 PM  Visit Heather86's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
It went DOWN!!!!! The highest yesterday was 3.59. Today they went down today to 3.39. The lowest I saw was 2.99. Most stations are around 3.19. This is all in the same small town.
Go to Top of Page

MarionR
Star Contributor

Delaware County, PA
USA
345 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  8:53:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Today I saw the posting of $3.35 for regular unleaded. What can we as consumers do? Boycott? Cut down on driving?

Marion
Gold Certified July 2005
Go to Top of Page

SJones
Star Contributor

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  05:00:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Prices here are going down as well by about 11 cents at some stations. The KY governor threatened serious consequences for price gauging. Somehow I doubt it will go back to where it was before the hurricane though.

Susanne
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

LauraLinDover
Star Contributor

Dover, NH
USA
1202 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  08:12:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We're in patchwork situation, last night, in less than 1/2 mile I saw $3.63, 3.19 (which I almost stopped at) and than later $3.05 though the majority seemed to hovering around 3.25

It's pretty sad when your heart skips a beat because you've found a bargain at 3.05

Laura
Happily Shopping the seacoast of NH, Southern ME and extreme Northeastern MA
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

DianeM
Star Contributor

Michigan
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  11:41:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Prices have been going up & down here the last few days, with stations changing their prices several times within the same day. Today it is the lowest it's been since Tuesday--average prices are $2.99-$3.09 for regular, down from $3.29-3.39 on Wed. We'll see what happens tomorrow...
Go to Top of Page

CherryLynn

Rome, GA
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2005 :  6:34:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The station owner down the road from my house has gone crazy! He placed a sign outside that said, come in and shop, if you spend at least $50 inside you will receive free $5 worth of gas! Now, who can spend $50 inside, what would you buy...candy, chips, soda, smokes at 20% over the big stores prices???

Cherry Walker
Go to Top of Page

Ang Harris
Valued Contributor

Maryland
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  05:30:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
$3.45 was the cheapest yesterday. $4.40 was the highest. I'm walking to church this morning and anywhere else that is a mile or less.
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  07:03:06 AM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
ciggs are cheaper at gas stations here. At $5 thats a bargin though. It's easy to spend $50 at a gas station, buy a carton of ciggs and all you have left is $5 to spend.

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  12:23:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was all excited yesterday when I saw two gas station guys just getting off the ladder from changing the price and they said they'd lowered it by 2 cents. But it turned out that only brought it in line with other gas stations.

Prices have been stable for the last two days around here ($3.29 where I get gas.

I was trying to wait out the weekend, but I'm too low on gas. Went to get 2 gallons to hold me, and it was pre-pay inside. So I gave the guy an even $7. Well, the pump noise stopped at about $6. The gallon and price counters kept going, but I wonder if I was gypped.
Go to Top of Page

CorrineW
Star Contributor

WA
USA
285 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  2:13:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
$2.75 on Friday at Costco in Washington.

Corrine
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Elsie
Star Contributor

Camuy, Puerto Rico
USA
444 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  4:24:28 PM  Visit Elsie's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LisaBGoesShopping
I was trying to wait out the weekend, but I'm too low on gas. Went to get 2 gallons to hold me, and it was pre-pay inside. So I gave the guy an even $7. Well, the pump noise stopped at about $6. The gallon and price counters kept going, but I wonder if I was gypped.

When it's prepay, usually the pump noise will stop at about 20-30 cents before what you paid, but it continues to dispense at a slower rate. However, it seems odd that it stopped a dollar before. If you think you got ripped off, I would report it to your consumer affairs agency, and they should send someone from the weights and scales division to check the pump.

Shopping Puerto Rico! I wanna merchandise too. Help!
Go to Top of Page

LindaCulp
Star Contributor

Portland, Oregon
USA
2339 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  4:53:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I drove by a Chevron which is typically our most expensive station, and their highest price for Premium was $3.07. The range overall at most stations is $2.79 to $3.09.

For perspective, Utah is generally known for having some of the lowest prices anywhere in the nation, on just about everything. I felt like I had died and gone to heaven when I first arrived here from Northern California, one of the most expensive areas in the nation.

Happily shopping the Portland, Oregon metro area!
~MSPA *Gold* Certified, 2003~
Go to Top of Page

Lynda
Contributor

Ontario
Canada
63 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  5:48:50 PM  Visit Lynda's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Maureen5360
Star Contributor

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2005 :  6:22:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well we know how with greed comes corruption, a guy with a station near my old hometown got busted by the Department of Weights and Measures for giving short gallons. He's in deep doo-doo for a couple of reasons, for one thing he's on an indian reservation which isn't paying certain taxes on the gas as a soverign nation to start with, but he's charging $3.49 like the rest of the stations off-reservation are, THEN he's selling gas at 7/10 of a gallon instead of a full gallon. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums