Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 48

Lynda
Contributor

Ontario
Canada
63 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  10:37:39 AM  Visit Lynda's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gas has dropped in price here! Today it was $1.18.9/litre.
Go to Top of Page

MindyG
Star Contributor

Goldsboro, NC
USA
251 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  7:49:24 PM  Visit MindyG's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
$2.99/gallon

Mindy Godinez
Go to Top of Page

SusanB
Valued Contributor

North Port, FL
USA
110 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  8:01:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I saw one station at $2.89 today, but most are at $2.99 a gallon.

Silver Certified - kh63a1
Shopping in SW Florida
Go to Top of Page

JanJojo
Star Contributor

West Virginia
USA
42759 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  8:08:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I stopped at a Texaco Station to buy gas this morning.This station was charging the same price for regular,plus and supreme gas.The price was $2.89 per gallon. Of course I filled up on the supreme grade.

Janette Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Nora
Star Contributor

PA
USA
6341 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  8:11:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What the heck!!! I'm still paying $3.29 in SE Penn and Philly is home to several refineries.
Go to Top of Page

JanJojo
Star Contributor

West Virginia
USA
42759 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  8:19:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This Texaco Station with all one price gas is located in Beverly,W.V.
I doubt if it stays that way for long. I will not be passing by that gas station again until next Tuesday.

Janette Johnson
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  9:45:35 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Speedway lowered their gas to $2.89 last night. It's also $2.89 12 miles away, down the highway at another speedway. Oddly enough, the speedway in between these two lowered their gas to $2.95 from $2.99 yesterday. Guess it's more expensive to ship the gas 6 miles than the 12 miles. It's a truck stop, ppl are more likely to stop, go figure. That's definately more than a penny profit.

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  04:41:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nora, your area must just be higher. But it looks like yours came down a little bit, since you went from $3.34 to $3.29.

I tanked up Thursday night when my Wawa went to $3.19. Then yesterday several gas stations from Paoli to Exton all went down to $3.09, while other stations right across from them still had prices of $3.31 to as much as $3.42!

When I got gas, someone told me it was 15-19 cents less in Lancaster County, which surprised me as gas was usually more expensive out there.
Go to Top of Page

KarynPA
Star Contributor

Middletown, PA
USA
382 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  06:06:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
On Monday, all of our stations were charging 3.59 for regular. It has been going down a little more every day since then. Last night I got half a tank for 2.87 per gallon. I never thought I'd think that price was a "bargain"!!!!!

MSPA Gold n4fxv4 -Shopping South-Central PA
Go to Top of Page

CarolynNC
Star Contributor

Landis, NC
USA
1204 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  10:57:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Were finally down to $2.98 here. Hopefully things will get better and the price will go down some more.

I have this vision of the price going back below $2 per gal, and everyone out dancing in the streets....Too funny

I'm not asleep....I'm checking for light leaks! :)
Go to Top of Page

Arlene_HI
Star Contributor

Lawai, HI
USA
676 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2005 :  5:50:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
$3.37 9/10 on Kauai
Go to Top of Page

SJones
Star Contributor

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2005 :  6:08:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Saw gas for $2.78 today.

Susanne
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

TXbecky
Valued Contributor

Texas
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2005 :  8:32:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I paid 2.99 when I filled up last week, but I passed a grocery store today that was at 2.69. Guess where I am going to fill up Monday?

Becky
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

JanB27
Star Contributor

OH
USA
4831 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2005 :  8:38:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Today my husband and I went to look at new cars on the Ford lot. One of the huge, gas guzzling SUV's was parked on the lot with the KEY IN THE DOOR! I tried it and was able to unlock the car and open the door. I was certain a poor salesman had forgotten about it, so I dropped it in the night key slot. Then my husband and I both thought the same thing- perhaps they had left the key in it, hoping it would be stolen, so the dealership could get some $$ for it. They certainly aren't SELLING any of them!

Jan
Go to Top of Page

VonetteS

Fayetteville, NC
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  12:24:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
[/quote]
I don't want to get political...but did you know that CITGO is owned by the Venezuelan government. And they are anything but on our side when it comes to gasoline!
[/quote]

Actually, Venezuela's President offered discounted gas, food, water, and free eye surgery to those affected by Hurricane Katrina. All this even after Pat Robertson said he should be assassinated! Much kinder than I would have been after such an irresponsible comment.
Go to Top of Page

Dani-Tigger
Star Contributor

The Villages, Florida
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  1:00:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Currently paying $2.84 for regular and $2.99 for diesel. Took $106 to top off hubby's truck last week.

~Tigg~
Bouncing with my Bunny in Central Florida
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

SJones
Star Contributor

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  1:01:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VonetteS

Actually, Venezuela's President offered discounted gas, food, water, and free eye surgery to those affected by Hurricane Katrina. All this even after Pat Robertson said he should be assassinated! Much kinder than I would have been after such an irresponsible comment.
[/quote]

All aid offers from other countries usually come with strings attached. One of the reasons why the US is so great in giving/helping other nations. It furthers trade opportunities as well as political involvement (stirring things into the 'right' direction). I'm sure the Venezuelan President expected acceptance of his politics and some trade opportunities. That's why he heard such a nice "Thanks, but no thanks!" from the US government. That's also why all aid offers have been carefully reviewed by the government before accepting/rejecting them, even from countries the US is friendly with.

Susanne
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

Dani-Tigger
Star Contributor

The Villages, Florida
USA
1257 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  1:26:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just read an article on MSN about telling Cuba "Thanks but no Thanks" on sending help for Katrina victims, wonder if that's based on the same idea.

Although I love my car I'd also love to be able to walk or ride my bike to work, unfortunately the roads I'd be on for 1/2 the trip are just too dangerous. Shame we can't put in more bike lanes and rely less on cars/gas, just think how much healthier this country would be if people walked or biked more and drove less.

~Tigg~
Bouncing with my Bunny in Central Florida
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

LindJorg
Star Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  9:10:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know we offered aid to Cuba when they were hit by hurricane and they turned us down so maybe that is the reason.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Denys Soto
Valued Contributor

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2005 :  06:51:24 AM  Visit Denys Soto's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
$ 2.89- $ 3.30 a gallon here in Miami
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 48 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums