Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  2:13:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Opinion Outpost has been around since January 2005 and has been paying members since the very first month.

Western Wats owns them and has been doing business since 1987. They are the largest market research data collection company in North America. They have been paying people for various research opportunities since 1987.

Opinion Outpost

Lisa Fleck
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
367 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  6:30:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love them!!! Their website is fun to visit. The points add up quickly and payment request have been prompt. Just what we're looking for.

Lisa
Shop till you drop!
Go to Top of Page

BethMomOf2
Star Contributor

Cornelius, NC
USA
304 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  06:32:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do they send out emails when new surveys are posted? I've never gotten one. How often should I check their site? Anyone? Anyone? I've missed out on one survey just from not knowing about it until after it was closed.

Beth
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  08:39:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BethMomOf2

Do they send out emails when new surveys are posted?
Yes, they send out emails when surveys are posted. Could they be getting caught in junk email filters?
Go to Top of Page

BethMomOf2
Star Contributor

Cornelius, NC
USA
304 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  11:09:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ray Sola
Could they be getting caught in junk email filters?
It's so very possible. Thanks, Ray, for letting me know that emails should be coming!

Beth
Go to Top of Page

Dave123

MS
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  12:42:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Started quite promisingly, but not had anything for over a month now, and last couple that were sent I didn't qualify for.
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2005 :  3:47:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I forwarded them your question yesterday and they have added a new question to the FAQ:

Survey Invitations - Spam Filters
How do I ensure that I receive Opinion Outpost survey invitations?

It is pretty detailed, so I won't repost it here. Click on FAQ at the top of the page.
Go to Top of Page

LeaF
Valued Contributor

Brooklyn, NY
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2007 :  3:46:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Would like feedback on Opinion Outpost. Have been with them about 1 year & have accumulated 18 points worth $1.80. Never seem to qualify for any of their surveys after long qualifiers. Today was transferred to OTX, did 5 preliminaries & never qualified.
Go to Top of Page

Bridget
Trainee

Dahlonega, Georgia
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2007 :  4:21:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello, I have been with Opinion Outpost for nearly a year now and have earned a little over $60 with them. I agree that sometimes their screeners are a little too long,but overall I would recommend them.They have been prompt in payment and send me around 2-4 surveys a month. Have you completed all the profile/info sections? It took me a little while to get through them all but it really does increase your chances etc. Good Luck with them, hopefully you will earn more cash soon,Regards, Bridget
Go to Top of Page

LeaF
Valued Contributor

Brooklyn, NY
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  12:35:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am now getting more surveys from Opinion Outpost. Received $40 in payments for 2007(my 2nd year). 2007 was much better than 1st year when I received very few surveys. Perhaps takes a little time.
Go to Top of Page

Coldie

Woodbridge, VA
USA
44 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  6:13:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How prompt are they on payments once you have requested a check? I ask because I have over $81 just waiting for me to request. I do like their surveys and the points I can earn from them, but mostly I seem to screen out :(

Coldie
Go to Top of Page

LeaF
Valued Contributor

Brooklyn, NY
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  8:08:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Coldie - It took about 3 1/2 weeks to receive payment
Go to Top of Page

Coldie

Woodbridge, VA
USA
44 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  05:27:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
3 1/2 weeks is not too bad. Thanks for the info. I'm updating all my spreadsheets for my files this week. I track what survey I took for who and when and did I get points or $ for doing it. I don't track those for sweeps entries. Then I check my sites once a month to see what I have been credited with and when I need money and can cash out I do so and mark on my spreadsheets what I have done. Yes I'm a bit retentive on this, but that lil extra time and detail does pay off. Your input is really valuable on this one.

Coldie
Go to Top of Page

Roswitha
Star Contributor

Pinellas Park, FL
USA
445 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  7:01:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
WOW - Coldie - you are organized. I've been with Opinion Outpost a while and don't always do the surveys they mail out - but I totally forgot that there may be payment.
Now I have to see what I have in my account - probably an incentive to start actually doing more surveys. I only qualify for about half of them.
Is there a minimum that you have to have before they pay out?

Roswitha
MSPA Gold Shopping sunny Florida Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Largo .....
Go to Top of Page

Mahealani
Valued Contributor

Stockton, CA
USA
143 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  10:26:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's frustrating when I get a message saying I qualify for a survey, then fill out one for 5 minutes just to tell me they've gotten enough responses for it.

Mahealani
Go to Top of Page

Coldie

Woodbridge, VA
USA
44 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  11:43:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Roswitha

WOW - Coldie - you are organized. I've been with Opinion Outpost a while and don't always do the surveys they mail out - but I totally forgot that there may be payment.
Now I have to see what I have in my account - probably an incentive to start actually doing more surveys. I only qualify for about half of them.
Is there a minimum that you have to have before they pay out?

Sorry for the delay in answer. I believe you have to have 50 points which equates to $5 before you can cash out. I'm sititng on almost $84 and I'm kinda letting it ride. They seem to have slowed down on survey offers to me lately :(
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  12:30:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I took my payout from them ($5) several months ago, and lately the number of invitations seems to have slowed to a crawl. And then once I get into them, I get screened out. Oh, well, guess they don't care what single white women in Texas have to say...

MSPA GOLD Certified gdhls4. Happily shopping and merchandising in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Salida, Colorado
USA
180 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  6:40:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CariTX
...lately the number of invitations seems to have slowed to a crawl. And then once I get into them, I get screened out. Oh, well, guess they don't care what single white women in Texas have to say...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed this: I'm 57, single, and with no kids, so, even though "my" demographic will soon be a majority in the U.S., survey companies still haven't cottoned to the fact that purchasing habits and opinions of the over-50 crowd is fast getting to be a LOT more important than the purchasing power of 20-somethings.
Go to Top of Page

HeatherFish
Valued Contributor

PA
USA
122 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2008 :  7:48:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like Opinion Outpost. I have redeemed over $70 dollars with them, and they pay quickly. I wish they could screen better ahead of time though, so I don't have to start surveys that I may not qualify for.
Go to Top of Page

LeaF
Valued Contributor

Brooklyn, NY
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  1:11:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is my best year with Opinion Outpost, I have $45 in my account. Seem to qualify for 1 out of 10 prelims. Some of their prelims are too long. Completed 2 Greenfield surveys with them that paid $7.50 & $9. Greenfield seems to farm out its better paying surveys (no respect for their members). Will certainly keep Opinion Outpost, may unsubscribe from Greenfield.
Go to Top of Page

Karrina
Contributor

Florida
USA
66 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2008 :  7:37:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also love this site i have been with them maybe 3 weeks and have 7.00. So far so good with this site....

Karrina
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums