Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 What demo companies do you like working for ? (Favorite Companies)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Douglas05
Contributor

Shelby, NC
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2005 :  05:03:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just started doing demo a few months ago and love it. I have worked as an IC for one company and now have a full time weekend demo job as a team lead for Top Priority Sales. Really enjoy working for this company and they pay right on time. Was wondering what demo companies others like / dislike working for and why.

Silver certified...Shopping NC. Charlotte Metro and Upstate SC.

CindyFrenchie

Houston, TX
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2005 :  7:56:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like working for The Merchandising Team, which is a division of Cynthia Cook, Inc. They have never cancelled a demo on me, and the pay is like clockwork every Friday morning in my checking account. Schedulers are responsive, and staff are knowledgeable, with someone actually ANSWERING phones on the week-ends...imagine that! The only issue I have run into is that one of the companies they scheduling for (one of the biggies), doesn't always get kits to the stores as promised, or they are short. But everything said......they are fantastic!

Cindy French
Go to Top of Page

TeresaAnnS
Apprentice

Chesapeake, OH
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  04:18:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi! I have been doing demo's for about a year now, mostly with MC who is a wonderful company to deal with! Just wondering if anyone can tell me the names of any other good demo companies, or agencies that book for demo companies or event staffing? I did one demo for Promo Works but need to find some other agencies that book demo's for them? Thank you so much for any information you can give me! I live on the border of OH, WV and Ky.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
745 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  4:18:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Crossmark has a new contract with Walmart, contact them. We are booked every weekend through April.
Go to Top of Page

Yvonnev123
Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2007 :  5:34:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love muscle marketing. They pay top dollar and always have supplies sent out on time. Never had any problems.
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  05:12:56 AM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really like Mass Connect. They pay the best of my demo companies and I get the most jobs from them :)

What's muscle marketing? Do you have a link?

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl NC
Valued Contributor

Fairview, NC
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  09:20:24 AM  Send Cheryl NC an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do you have a link for Mass Connect or contact information?
Just wondering if they have any WNC jobs....

MSPA Gold Certified
Merchandising in the Beautiful Mountains of Western North Carolina!
Go to Top of Page

Kelly M
Valued Contributor

Clarksville, Arkansas
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  09:51:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
https://www.stayingconnected.com/main.jsp

Kelly M
Go to Top of Page

AuditorRuss
Star Contributor

Vacaville, California
USA
308 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2008 :  2:21:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello:

I thought I would post over here since you all seem like experienced demonstrators. My wife has done a couple of demos, ten years ago and just got hired with NCIM. She is very nervous as she has her first demo coming up in a couple of weeks. Any tips or helpful advice you could pass on would be great. It is at a grocery store and is for juice.

Russ
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2656 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  05:33:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Russ, I'm an Demo Auditor for Sunflower, so I can tell you what we are looking for when I am checking on demos. First of all try to arrive a few minutes before you are scheduled to be there, stores either get really nervous that you aren't going to show up OR they don't know you are coming. Either way, you'll be happy to not feel rushed. Know your product BEFORE you arrive at the store - make sure you are saying it correctly!! Make sure you know exactly where it is on the shelf and if possible set your demo right next to it or if its a product you can keep near you, do so. Being able to hand the guest a box from your demo will increase your sales. Double check the price - sometimes price tags are wrong and then you end up with frustrated shoppers. Be cheerful, love the product (it doesn't matter if you don't - still say you love it), don't give any foods to children without asking a parent first and enjoy yourself.

The best demos are the ones where the EP (event person) is enjoying themselves and getting the customer excited about the product.
Go to Top of Page

Marion
Contributor

Goochland, Virginia
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2009 :  9:25:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I cannot say enough positive things about Market Connect Group (MCG) Telephone calls are promptly returned, instructions are clear and payments are accurate and timely.

Marion
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  05:23:05 AM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Currently with ASM & Promoworks which is somehow related to Big Orange. Mass Connections has nothing in my state although I used to do tons of work for them.

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums