Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tamara in Florida

Tampa Bay Area, FL
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  08:59:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone heard of this company or does anyone work for them right now? I am just starting out in merchandising and received a call from them regarding "stocking freezers". Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!!!

Gold certified
Shopping the Greater Tampa Bay area

JimVan
Contributor

Oregon
USA
156 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  1:34:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for them about a month and left in frustration. The stores that I had HATE the program because they keep getting pushed inventory that never sells and then sits around and goes bad. I had three stores and all three department managers were quite hostile toward the program and me. Not that I could blame them, they were pushed something like 35 cases of cookie dough one week and then shipped another 50 the next. The stores had no control over what the were shipped and it drove them crazy.
As far as the company Superfridge is concerned, they were pretty decent. The problem camein because I was working for another company who superfridge sub contracted out to and there was a power struggle going on. Superfridge would say do it one way and the merchandiding company would say not to bother. I never really knew who to call if I had a problem.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

CherryLynn

Rome, GA
USA
35 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  3:17:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have one store that I do Superfridge for and really enjoy it. The work is not difficult, keep the unit clean and stocked, call in IVR and two weeks later cash my check. The folks that I have dealt with are pleasant and go out of their way to be helpful both at Superfridge and at my store. The pay is not the greatest but I would take on other accounts if they were close enough.

Cherry Walker
Go to Top of Page

StaceyPH888
Valued Contributor

Port Orange, Florida
USA
197 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  09:00:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also worked for this company, but was subcontracted through another. The problem was, I did not receive my first paycheck for a month. They also begged me to take a second store that was 15 miles away (no gas reimbursement) until they found another rep. I worked there for four months and they never found a replacement. I also had continued problems receiving my paycheck. I entered my reports on time, so there was no excuse. I would never work for them again!
Go to Top of Page

Karen A.
Star Contributor

Hudson, NC
USA
297 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  3:02:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for them for over 2 years and I loved it.Those little checks came in handy.I serviced a promotional freezer unit.On many occasions the products did sell even sell out.The key is building a relationship with the store.I miss the Winn Dixie!

Karen A.
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  10:29:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I personally have no prob with this company. They pay me on time and are always there for my questions or my needs. I wouls recommend this company to anyone.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  8:08:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Superfridge is leaving their current merchandising company, so if anyone has info on where they go please let me know. I like the job and there isn't alot of close things for me to do.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

LAllred
Apprentice

Phoenix, AZ
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  12:17:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi I am in the same situation. I eamailed Superfrige today and those jobs are being out sourced by another company. I was told that new merchandisers have already been hired. These new people work 24 hours a week for Superfridge and other hours doing something else. Lisa Allred lisa.allred@cox.net 602-861-9554

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

MarionR
Star Contributor

Delaware County, PA
USA
345 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  7:40:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Superfridge is now under its parent company of Advantage Sales and Marketing. They have taken over the entire operation. They have expanded my territory and work from 3 stores to 23 stores. They also have added magazines in some stores to service on a weekly basis.

Marion
Gold Certified July 2005
Go to Top of Page

Virginia_D
Valued Contributor

Lubbock, TX
USA
169 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  07:51:16 AM  Visit Virginia_D's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Have they been notifying you that you aren't to cover the store anymore? I haven't heard anything official from anyone at Superfridge or the sub-contracting company either one.

Virginia
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  7:51:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Virginia,

I was given a "two weeks notice", so as of Aug 31st. I no longer will have that job. I can't find the site to apply for Advantage sales. All good things must come to and end.

I informed one of the store managers that I wouldn't be around and she was furious. She likes when I come in, the work I do and is worried that it will all go to hell now. Even offered me a regular job at the store. So, I will miss that store.

Thank goodness, another merchandising company contacted me today and I think I hit a Gold mine for work.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

MarionR
Star Contributor

Delaware County, PA
USA
345 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  2:25:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Try this website for Advantage Sales and Marketing. www.asmnet.com

Marion
Gold Certified July 2005
Go to Top of Page

Virginia_D
Valued Contributor

Lubbock, TX
USA
169 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  11:48:52 AM  Visit Virginia_D's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was told today that it was Impulse merchandising that was taking over the Superfridge units.

Is this the same company as the Advantage mentioned in the post below?

Virginia
Go to Top of Page

Shel7296
Contributor

Wapakoneta, Ohio
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2008 :  11:21:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My first merchandising job was with Superfridge. I loved it but the store I worked at went out of business.

Shelly
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2008 :  08:24:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any new info on this company? I've seen a demontrator signing the Log Sheet with this company name..Superfidge.... Staying a little while then packs and leaves....I was so mad I wanted to taste the chip and dip she had on her table....never opened the packages...I went back 30 mins later, she was packed and gone........No body got to taste the product.

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

MaddieHarrison

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  1:31:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I never worked demos with superfridge but did work in grocery stores weekly. The job was very simple. I did not get mileage or drivetime so did have to quit when I found other companies paying my mileage. If you are already in the store with another company it would be good.

Maddie
Go to Top of Page

DChristine
Valued Contributor

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  1:28:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for them, but not demo work. I only packed out advertised product. Only did it as a sub for someone on vacation. I would love regular work with them.
Go to Top of Page

Rhonda49

Dothan, AL
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  5:28:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know what merchandising company picked up the Super Fridge Account in Winn-Dixie? Jan 31, 2010 was the last date for service by Advantage reps.

Rhonda
Go to Top of Page

Leilah
Contributor

Louisiana
USA
52 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  05:13:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
JR Demos has the account, at least SOME of the Superfridge accounts where I am in- Albertsons and Winn-Dixie. Don't know how permanent it will be, but I'm booked through mid-july.

Leilah
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2013 :  07:17:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any recent feedback?? I was contacted by someone and will start working 5/30 at a local supermarket. Job sounds easy. Anyone work for them now and doing what?
Go to Top of Page

Leilah
Contributor

Louisiana
USA
52 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2013 :  04:37:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Advantage Sales & Marketing bought Superfridge a few years back, so they service them now in all stores. It's an easy job, but Advantage pays crap!

Leilah
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums