Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SAnne
Contributor

WA
USA
80 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2013 :  3:52:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for Advantage for abot 9 months. 3 of my stores dropped out of program and so it wasn't worth tying up a Friday for a 20 minute job. I didn't like having to go into the deep freeze and dig out the new product every 2 weeks. Some frozen food managers are just not going to work with you. He pulled the union crap on me. No one is to touch the product unless they are in a union. Right like he ever filled it up between my visits! No!
I was in one of my old stores the other day. Wow are they paying someone to do this store? Well they are scamming if they are. The ice was like 6 inches thick.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2013 :  02:06:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an email and called someone plus 4 phone calls abt. this. I was hired, filled out paperwork, got a kit with gloves etc. I emailed and called as to when I would start. No reply, sent another email, no reply. Sent another email and was told program was cancelled. They could not afford to place a freezer in the store etc.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisS
Contributor

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  7:05:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I presently service one Superfridge. Was contracted through J.R. Demos. Pay is visit (not hourly), though fair for what is required. I've found the ice scraping and disposal to be the most time consuming part of the job, especially when the unit is set to freezer mode. Requires site visit twice per week - that's perhaps the biggest downside because it can create scheduling hassles with other jobs. Usually in and out in 45 minutes. Have had no issues with management or staff at the store, all have been receptive and helpful.

Providing merchandising and related services to Southeastern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2014 :  7:29:52 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was hired by a third party company (Strategic Retail Solutions) which subcontracts with Advantage and other companies. Pay was negotiated since the two locations had not been serviced for a couple of months.
The job is Monday and Friday. The product is switched out every other Monday. The other visits are maintance and restock.
I agree the big problem will be defrosting at one location. The wash out sink and drains are not in the same location in the store.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2014 :  2:44:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is Superfridge still part of Advantage?

Or did they go independent?

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2014 :  03:03:56 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm not 100 per cent sure. I do know Advantage has a special tab in many Wal-Marts that is especially for "Advantage SuperFridge" team.

I only know that I was hired by a third party company (Strategic Retail Solutions) to do the job. Each visit, I file a report at the SuperFridge reporting site and Natural Insight with a designated login for Strategic Retail Solutions.

I also know that SuperFridge is in process of placing more units in a grocery store chain this fall.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
785 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2017 :  3:12:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Was contacted about doing one location for a company who has been subbed out to perform and fill these positions in a certain retail chain. Pay is low, paid as an IC, the time they claim it takes to perform the job is not even realistic (you would be in the store longer), and with one store, two visits a week, in a month of 8 visits you would earn a whopping $88.00 and no gas/miles paid no matter how many stores you had, or admin time. Good grief. Two stores at 16 visits would be $176.00 a month. It's not a chain that has much in the way of other merch jobs that you could possibly even combine the service visits with, either. And they wonder why no one is leaping on this "opportunity".

Things seem to be going backwards instead of forward. I am pretty sure I could make more standing in front of a Walmart with a cup and begging. At least that would be tax free. lol
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums