Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Frugality, Sweeps, Freebies, Ways to Make $
 $ Earning Opportunities
 Feedback Requested: American Consumer Opinion (ACOP)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

KaroleB
Contributor

Phoenix, AZ
USA
85 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2003 :  5:40:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A current post asks you to register and gives brief info. on what you should do to register with them but no mention for compensation. Call me greedy if ya like, but with shop fees going down, I'm not into giving a company my opinion for free knowing they are getting paid by another company to compile the data. Does anyone know or have experience with this firm?

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2003 :  5:48:08 PM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
American Consumer Opinion is not a Mystery Shopping firm, but a paid surveys site. They have been around forever and are one of the best. Lots of surveys and they pay on a timely basis.

From their website:

• All registered members participate in a monthly drawing to win $250 in cash awards, just for being a member.
  • If you answer a screener (a short questionnaire), you will be entered into a drawing for cash awards.
  • If you participate in a survey (a longer questionnaire), you will always receive some type of incentive (a free product to test, cash, a check, or a gift.
  • Incentives typically range in value from $4 to $25, per survey, depending upon the length of the questionnaire and the time it takes to complete it. If a survey is extra long, then the award could be $25 or more. Participants in online focus groups generally receive more than $25.
Please visit this page for most info on them and all the other similar companies we recommend:

Get Paid for Your Opinions - Online Surveys
http://www.volition.com/opinions.html

(Disclosure: They are a paid sponsor of this website. That does not affect my opinion of them.)
Go to Top of Page

MichelleCPD
Valued Contributor

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2003 :  6:01:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up with them about 9 months ago. Within just a week or so, I recieved a survey, and one of the questions asked what size bed I had. After filling it out, they asked me if I would be interested in receiving a comfortor to use and then answer some questions for them. Well, of course I said Yes! About a week later, I received the comfortor. I love it! It has to be the warmest comfortor I've ever used! And it was fairly light weight.

So yes, in my opinion, they are worth it! I just wish I'd get another survey...
Go to Top of Page

ShAndrews
Inactive

Inland Empire, California
USA
480 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  2:08:21 PM  Send ShAndrews an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
ACOP is one of the better survey companies. I am careful when I first sign up with a survey company to make sure that they are not just harvesting my email address to sell, so I have a "junk" email address through Yahoo! to filter out the more unsavory companies. I found that ACOP does not sell your email address, and their surveys pay well (I usually make $5 each one, if I qualify).

And I haven't done one yet, but a fellow shopper was just offered to participate in a focus group and they pay extremely well for those!

Shannon R. Andrews
MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping the Inland Empire, Southern California
Go to Top of Page

Suzanne
Valued Contributor

Fort Worth, TX
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  4:56:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband has been registered with American Consumer Opinion for a
couple years. the surveys he has done have paid anywhere for $4 to $15
EACH. I can't even count how many he has done. (I probably should track
that)
I would say that they are quite reputable. The email that he registered
with, is one that he gets very little mail at, and even after
registering and participating, he has not had an increase in spam. Can we say
that about most other 'survey sites"?

I signed up today and can't wait to get surveys!

Suzanne

MSPA GOLD Certified
Shopping Ft Worth, TX and surrounding area
Go to Top of Page

.AngelB
Inactive

Kannapolis, NC
USA
88 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  8:54:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ACOP is a legetimate survey/product testing company. I just finished a test for diapers with them. I will take all the diapers they will send me. Most of the surveys I do for them are simple questions, and then they ask me if I am willing to test a product for them. Of course I say yes.
I love working with them. My only complaint is not enough work.
Go to Top of Page

TrishInFL
Contributor

Lighthouse Point, FL
USA
88 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  4:12:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a $4.00 check today for a short questionnaire that I did a few weeks ago. I've also gotten things to test or try out and checks in various amounts for completing other questionnaires/surveys. They are a great company, I have no complaints.

Have a great weekend!

Trish -
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping Southeast Florida
Go to Top of Page

DeanaCal
Contributor

Citrus Heights, CA
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2003 :  8:21:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What am I doing wrong? I signed up with them a year ago, and have done lots of the "screening questions" surveys, but have never been asked to do a paid survey, rate a product, anything! Should I go to their site to update any information, or does anybody have any suggestions?
Go to Top of Page

Lisa Fleck
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
367 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2003 :  03:40:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love them, they are good about sending checks. They send me alot of things to test at home. If someone tells me they they have signed up with a busy company like this and have heard nothing maybe they should check their security set up. are they filtering the companies out like spam. You can bypass security by enabling certain cookies.

Lisa
Shop till you drop!
Go to Top of Page

PhyllisM
Valued Contributor

Las Vegas, NV
USA
121 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2003 :  08:15:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One of the best survey companies. They have been around for years and the surveys are always interesting.

Phyllis Monkiewicz
Go to Top of Page

KJHashim

NY
USA
44 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2003 :  1:22:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been registered with them for a few years, but I have not gotten many surveys from them. It seems that I have gotten fewer surveys from them in the past year. I would also welcome suggestions on how I can get them to send me more surveys!
Go to Top of Page

.AmyLynn
Inactive

UK and
USA
613 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  1:50:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
After about like 5 years I got my 1st check from them for doing a survey. The webmaster program is better though. I am earning more off that then the surveys. 5 years and I got 7 whole dollars.

Amy Lynn
««ALVO Certified»»
Go to Top of Page

LauraJean

Irving, TX
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  3:36:49 PM  Visit LauraJean's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received $6.00 from them in June for a rather long and involved survey about naming a new type of store. Since then I have had mainly screeners. It took 3 to 4 weeks to receive the check.

Laura Jean
Go to Top of Page

JLElness

Orlando, FL
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  1:09:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
DeanaCal
What am I doing wrong? I signed up with them a year ago, and have done lots of the "screening questions" surveys, but have never been asked to do a paid survey, rate a product, anything! Should I go to their site to update any information, or does anybody have any suggestions?
I had the same problem with this company. Every week I got offers to fill out "pre-qualifying" surveys that were sometimes 20 questions long. In the 6 months I NEVER went on to do a longer survey.

JLElness
~~MSPA Silver Certified~~
~~NARMS Proficiency test passed~~
Go to Top of Page

KellyBear
Star Contributor

Fairfax, VA
USA
1198 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2005 :  10:30:31 AM  Send KellyBear an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love them! I have gotten a few checks from completing surveys, but I also won $10 for completing a 5-question screening survey. I opened my mailbox, saw the check, and it showed I was randomly drawn from the screening participants to win! Doesn't sound like much, but a few of those really add up. I love this site! :)
Go to Top of Page

SoCalShirley

Ventura, CA
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2005 :  12:01:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like ACOP a lot. I've gotten several checks in the mail and enjoy being entered into the drawings as well.

Shirley
MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Ventura County
Go to Top of Page

MIneich
Valued Contributor

Livonia, MI
USA
169 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2006 :  12:40:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info on them!! Just signed up with them again... I know I was with them a while back.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

NKYCin
Contributor

KY
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2006 :  05:04:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been a member there for 2 years and have made maybe $20. I've been asked several times if I'd be willing to receive items to test and give feedback. I agreed but never received anything.
Go to Top of Page

Kellsy
Contributor

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  11:53:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't gotten anything from them. I just did a survey now for a few minutes(thats how they all are) and all im getting in the end is that my name has been entered in a drawing. I'm not racking up any points or any money in some account on there. I'm getting sick of this. I'll prolly give it a few more months after that I guess I'm done. :^S

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

MandaJo111
Valued Contributor

Savannah, Georgia
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2006 :  4:36:37 PM  Send MandaJo111 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up about a month and a half ago and have already gotten a product to try, and a check in the mail today . So far so good. I am hoping to keep getting more from them.

Amanda Nuckoles
Shopping Savannah, GA, Fort Stewart, and Hunter Army Airfield
Go to Top of Page

ValerieA
Apprentice

Eagle Point, Oregon
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2006 :  6:16:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just received a check for $4 dollars.I did the survey like 2 weeks ago. Yeah. Time to party. I notice that how you answer the prequestions can lead you down a path to get paid or not. When they send you an email it has a clue in the title as what they are looking for. If you answer right then your in. Goodluck!

valerie allen
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums