Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Channel Partners (BDS Marketing, Inc. (bds mktg))
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Donnie G

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2005 :  5:21:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
BDS Marketing from Irvine,CA?

I would like to know about BDS Marketing. They called me to do an assignment for them and wanted me to give up ALL other companies that I work for as a IC.

Don

Pat S
Valued Contributor

San Ramon, CA
USA
142 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  3:23:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for them for a 1.5 years and loved it. I never had any problems with. They paid ontime everytime. I loved it. I moved out of the area I was working in so I could no longer work for them. I was totally bummed out. In my book they get an A+++
Go to Top of Page

Helen Jean Harris
Valued Contributor

Mesa, AZ
USA
149 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  02:50:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have called me for work a few times; however, timing was not good for me as I had other work. In addition the pay is OK and matches many other companies; however, wasn't as much as I'm making with other companies.

Never had a problem with them calling me back if I left a message. Here is the contact I had for Mesa, AZ. Maybe he can help you get to the right person. James Grant, 1-800-234-4237, ext 1221. He's always returned my calls.

Best of luck!
Go to Top of Page

Melony
Contributor

Canal Winchester, OH
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2006 :  4:30:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Be careful with BDS as me and two friends of mine had an interview with one of the guys from BDS and were told that we had the job and a week later, the guy didn't even remember interviewing us or giving us the job.
Go to Top of Page

.IFHernandez
Inactive

San Antonio, TX
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  1:27:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else have recent experience working for this company? Thanks

Irene
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
745 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  4:04:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They just called me. Any recent info?
Go to Top of Page

Rose M

Tucson, AZ
USA
31 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  10:38:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been working with them for about a month. No complaints here so far. Donnie, do you know why they told you that you had to drop all your other companies? Because they never told me that, and they do know that I work for other companies. The only thing they told me was that I can't work for competitors to the products that I'm servicing (which I rarely did anyway. I've done electronics before but not what I'm doing now) and that if I have store visits for another company in the same stores not to do them on the same trip. Which makes perfect sense and I wouldn't do that anyway.

Rose
Go to Top of Page

BBailey

Lafayette, IN
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  3:57:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a call from the recruiter for my area, a few weeks ago.
She called back a few days later, sounding like I was perfect for
the job. I was told that the district manager would be calling me
and Nothing. No phone call....zippo.
I emailed the recruiter saying that I am still very interested in the position and still nothing.

I was really looking forward to working with them and the jobs they had were right up my alley and the pay was great too, including mileage.

So depressing.....

Betty Bailey
Go to Top of Page

ChristyJ001

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2007 :  07:52:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It seems that the initial hiring process takes some time...I applied on 1/23, did an initial phone screening on 1/24 (Wed.) with a regional recruiter who told me her boss would be in touch with me by Fri. 1/25 for another interview. He didn't call until the next week, Wed. 1/31., and told me I would have the paperwork to fill out by Friday. I didn't receive it until the following Wed., 2/7 and faxed in immediately. Now I am waiting on word from them on when I am starting! So, overall it has been 3 1/2 weeks and I haven't even started one job yet....I'll update when I have more experience with them. Hang in there BBailey, maybe they'll come around soon!
Go to Top of Page

BBailey

Lafayette, IN
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2007 :  09:14:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Christy for the encouragement.
I will wait, but will still keep looking
for work in my area.

Betty Bailey
Go to Top of Page

Rose M

Tucson, AZ
USA
31 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  10:26:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
BDS recruited me about a year ago, and I'm very happy there. They handle some very large, big name accounts. The pay is competitive with other companies in my area. This is one of the more demanding companies I've worked for. They do like send POP and supplies right to your home, and if you do lots of projects for them, you'll get to know your UPS guys on a first name basis! My husband also gets POP at home with another company; sometimes our living room is nearly impassible with all the boxes!

Their standards are high: you have to pass a drug test and background check. Your work needs to be done on-time and you need to pay attention to the details. "Done on-time" means entered into the computer within 24 hours. Frequently, they request digital photos to be uploaded to the call report. If you work with BDS, expect to have your work audited by clients as well as BDS personnel. A lot people think "oh, I'm not in Calgary or NYC or LA so I'm safe, I can be a bit sloppy this visit 'cause I'm short of time." This is not the right answer! I'm in a fairly large town, but the nearest higher up is 10 hours away by car. I've been audited. People have been disciplined, up to and including termination because an exec has wandered into a store in Los Angeles and not liked what they saw.

I've had two supervisors with BDS. My first one got promoted to a different department. Both are great. My current supervisor is only a phone call away, he answers emails and messages quickly. If he can't get a problem fixed, he'll refer me to the right person. I also like the fact that my supervisor has to do stores. Seriously folks, he doesn't have as many stores as the reps do, but he's out in the field a few days in a cycle, doing the same stuff I am. That's pretty cool. BDS also tends to hang onto employees. I've been there over a year and I'm still considered a noob, as far as length of service goes. They promote talented people up whenever possible.

Reps get to pretty much set their own schedule. All scheduling and reporting is done on-line. The system is a bit complicated at first, but it does everything so I like it. One of my other companies uses two different websites to do your hours and your store reports. I like both companies, but BDS has a better system in this case.

BDS is also one of the few companies that I've never had a major paycheck snafu that I wasn't at least partially responsible for. I had one check that was a little short and when we looked into it, it was my fault. I did have to wait until the next paycheck to see it (because they weren't going to cut an extra check for 23 dollars.) but since I'm the one who forgot to hit the "submit" button, what can I say? They fixed it promptly for me. The only thing I don't like about the system is that they don't mail the checks out until payday. I've tried to set up direct deposit with my credit union, but there's some issue with the type of account I have, so I can't get anything direct deposited. I wish they'd mail out our checks a few days earlier so those of us who don't have direct deposit don't have a delay.

Rose
Go to Top of Page

Daree76
Trainee

Hampton, VA
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  4:57:09 PM  Send Daree76 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I started working for BDS last year. They have undergone some changes already for mileage and expense reimbursement, but they do pay every two weeks, and are now implementing direct deposit. I agree with Rose's comments about the initial hiring process.

I have a large territory and was not trained in person, so scheduling all my assignments (usually given as waves, which are two-week periods) was overwhelming for the first two months. A few assignments have shorter or longer time periods before their due, but usually it's two-weeks. Some assignments are predictable, and some are not. They occasionally also assign mystery shops as well.

This job is a P/T, flexible one where you decide when you will conduct your visits. I have a F/T job working at home that is also flexible. However, I am not sure whether I work for BDS if I had a regular 9-5. I'm a single parent, and I have over 40 stores that I visit regularly as the sole rep for my territory, so I couldn't imagine trying to do them all on evenings and weekends.

Daree
MSPA Gold-Certified (#zmdvax)
Shopping Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Hampton, and Newport News
Go to Top of Page

ChristyJ001

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  7:16:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am finally starting my first assignments with BDS after a long hiring process (see above). I had my drug screening on 2/14 and was finally contacted by my supervisor last week (he had been on vacation) who had me scan & email the drug screening receipt to him since I was still not in the system. I did a phone conference training session on 3/8 that dealt mainly with navigating the BDS website regarding scheduling and reporting visits. Now I'm finally all in the system and I'm anxious to see how I do on my first visits this week!

BBailey, have you had any luck yet?
Go to Top of Page

RepSusan
Valued Contributor

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  07:56:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I am just coming on board with BDS. I have not recieved any FedX packages yet so I am still scratching my head a bit as to what this will really be. Sat through a conference call so I guess I am not completely clueless. Just wondering about the amount of priting that will need done. I know there is print and paper reimbursement but all the paper always drives me crazy. Will I be able to print one and use it for the same project in all my stores, etc. ?
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

ChristyJ001

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  10:15:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Susan,
What sorts of jobs are you doing? So far I've only done the Canon jobs & occasional others in Circuit City. Now I have a new one for AT&T. In my experience, the forms are different depending on the store so I print one for each visit. They are not usually more than one page long though. FedEx packages usually contain POP & materials for your stores. Definitely take advantage of the ink/paper reimbursement program, I wish all companies did this!

Who is your coordinator? The only thing I hate about this company is the lack of communication from my coordinator. I came home Thursday to find a FedEx package on my doorstep, with a letter stating there was a mandatory training call that same evening! There was nothing on my call report website about a new client, nor had my coordinator mentioned it. In fact, he still hasn't.

Good Luck!
Go to Top of Page

RepSusan
Valued Contributor

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  1:04:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Christy,
I agree about the communication. I finally called today and kind of said I'd like to get moving on this. Jim is my supervisor and he seems very knowledgeable and thorough. Yes, I did Cannon and a stickering for Sony.
How does the print and paper reimbursement work? The reason I ask is that I ran into the HP rep in one of my stores and she was very friendly. She just started telling me what her store calls consist of and mentioned needing to purchase ink and paper to fill the units in the store for demo. ??? Is this how my reimbursement will work, to purchase what is needed to fill the display models or is it for my own company use at home? ie: printing call sheets
I'd still like some input from anyone, good or bad.
Susan

Susan
Go to Top of Page

ChristyJ001

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  4:22:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Susan-
It is my understanding that the reimbursement is for the supplies you use to print your call reports. I have never replenished the paper or ink during any of my Canon visits, seems like this would be the store responsibility and I've received no instruction from BDS saying to do so. I've submitted one reimbursement so far, I believe you get up to $40 every quarter. You just have to submit your receipt, ask your supervisor how it works.
My supervisor is Ben....I haven't heard from him in weeks, and I have 2 new jobs on my call form that I've never done before. Guess I'll figure it out on my own, luckily they are usually pretty self-explanatory!
Go to Top of Page

RepSusan
Valued Contributor

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  08:26:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello all,
Any tips on how to make the computer time go any smoother. I don't think I have ever had this much input time since I have been in merchandising.
Susan

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
192 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2007 :  7:26:22 PM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all. I've been trying to get an assignment with this company since early July. Everytime that I see an assignment pop up, I respond yet don't get calls. I have the certifications and all, as well as the time to do the assignment. And yes, the assignment is in my area.

Do you think the reason why I am not getting these assignments are due to demographics preferences? I've been pretty astute in answering an email within 5-10 minutes after its sent. I know that this line of work is competitive, but cmon now.

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified, 2007; IMSC Certified, 2012 (Chicago), 2013 (Atlanta)
Undercover Essentials Video Certified, 2012 and owns PV-500 ECO
Go to Top of Page

Ellen66
Contributor

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  8:21:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anything recent?
Contact info?

THANKS !
Go to Top of Page

RepSusan
Valued Contributor

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2008 :  8:30:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ellen,
I worked for BDS for about 2 months in the fall. It wasn't a bad experience. I was intially interviewed over the phone by someone that was not going to be my DM. That of course led to confusion regarding mileage/drivetime. All of the stores were at a minimum of 30 miles away. This is usually not a problem for me, if I have other work in that area. They pay store to store mileage/drivetime so that made it not as profitable for me. I expressed my concern numerous times and was always told that a store closer to me would be added so that I could at least catch some mileage/drivetime that way. It never happened. With this and the fact that I was not as confident as I would have liked to have been in representing the products (electronics), I finally gave a two weeks notice. After they posted my route on Narms and another site, (I received emails from both sites about the posting) the location near me popped up on my BDS site, which of course would have given me the mileage/drivetime. I had already made my mind up so I stuck with my two weeks notice.
My DM seemed very knowledgable. I have heard that he has since been placed back in the field. If the mileage would not have been an issue, I might have stuck it out. That, compounded with the uncertainty of my electronics knowledge were what made me make my choice. The only thing I felt bad about is that I have never had to quit a company this way or for this reason. I suppose you could say that communication is an issue.
Oh yeah. I did not have any training. It took a long time for them to send me any necessary supplies. They did have weekly conference calls on Monday morning. I think they would have been more beneficial to me if it would not have turned into an hour long gripe session for the more experienced reps. It also made cause for a later start on Mondays if that was a day you wanted to do your work.
Hope this helps.

Susan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums