Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

VickiA
Star Contributor

Rapid City, SD
USA
845 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  10:45:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop for them on the 30th of August and promptly called in my report the next day (Sept. 1st, Holiday) and I checked every day to see if my report came in with no change on their online system. I called them yesterday and the lady said no one had checked the voicemail and my report was sitting on the voicemail for a week. The lady that I spoke with was awfully rude, so I am worried about taking another assignment from them...

Silver Shopper ID# 3akxzg Shopping Rapid City South Dakota and surrounding areas!

Sandi In Mississippi
Star Contributor

MS
USA
1285 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  11:04:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I shop frequently for Shopper's Critique and find them easy to work with. Have never used the call-in system, but fax things to them instead. Their new on-line reporting system is available for a few shops in my area and I hope it spreads to more reports.

They pay like clockwork, have clear directions, and the shops are great. You might want to chalk this up to misunderstanding or holiday weekend confusion. Every experience I've had with them has been pleasant! Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

MelanieNJ
Star Contributor

NJ
USA
267 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  11:05:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done a lot of shops for them but rarely deal with any schedulers -- I self assign. I have had shops get lost for them too, but they're usually flexible enough in letting me reinput them (I think I've only had one that could be done online), or refax them. I have never called a shop in though, that might be the "problem." My only wish for them is that they assign shops quicker -- I probably apply for the same shop 3 times because their system doesn't show if you've already applied for the shop, and they sometimes sit up there for weeks (it seems). They pay in a reasonable amount of time.
Go to Top of Page

ShAndrews
Inactive

Inland Empire, California
USA
480 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  11:26:31 AM  Send ShAndrews an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love Shoppers Critique! Because I am now Gold certified, I get a shop I apply for within minutes. Their new online reporting system is very nice, and their forms are short and easy. Plus they pay quickly! They don't usually get too much in my area, but when they do I always apply. [:p]

Shannon R. Andrews
MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping the Inland Empire, Southern California
Go to Top of Page

SherryShopper
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
490 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  11:31:55 AM  Visit SherryShopper's Homepage  Send SherryShopper an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am "registered" with them. I requested a shop and I received a call. They explained to me what the shop was (it was an "entertainment" shop). I was required to outlay $55/ticket for the shop, and would get reimbursed within 7 days for my purchase. The problem was I was not able to use the tickets because of my personal schedule, so the reimbursement was not worth while, since this shop had no fee involved. I have requests shops since that time, but they have not yet assigned them to me. And I wonder if it is because I declined that entertainment shop when I found out the details. There are STILL a ton of them sitting out there.

~*~ Sherry ~*~
sfox@yourwebness.com
MSPA Gold Certified #bzxeut
Shopping:
Orlando, FL and surrounding areas
Go to Top of Page

ShAndrews
Inactive

USA
480 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  11:34:24 AM  Send ShAndrews an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SherryShopper
There are STILL a ton of them sitting out there.
Sherry - did you put your Silver Cert No. on your profile? They now have a space just for that when you go to update your profile.

Shannon R. Andrews
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Kanga
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
250 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  11:34:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shopper's Critique is a great company to work for. I have never had a problem with them and they pay on time.

MSPA Gold Certified #xixazy
Go to Top of Page

SherryShopper
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
490 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  12:24:56 PM  Visit SherryShopper's Homepage  Send SherryShopper an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is just too spooky! I just got a call from them. But the shop required me to bring someone else, and I am not able to. I hate that they don't tell you ANYTHING about an assignment before you request it (just the city and the type, such as retail, etc...). Why do they do this? It seems rather inefficient to me. There are many assignments in each category that I would not request, let alone areas of my town I prefer to avoid because of bad neighborhoods. But you have no clue when requesting.

And yes, I did update my profile with my silver certificate.

~*~ Sherry ~*~
sfox@yourwebness.com
Shopping:
Go to Top of Page

NancyFL
Contributor

FL
USA
96 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  12:57:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shoppers Critique is one of the most professional companies!

I have completed many shops for them in the past 3 years. They are one of my favorites, out of over 30 companies that I consistently shop for!

They are very dependable. Checks for reimbursement have always been received in 2 weeks. The pay for shops that include a fee are always received the following month.

I wouldn't recommend criticism on a public board. There are so many shoppers in Florida that would be so thankful for these shops.

Shoppers Critique has a very good reputation and many excellent clients. The reimbursement shops can amount to substantial $$ each time. However, the reimbursement checks arrive within 2 weeks.

The shops are very much appreciated by those of us who complete them every month...sometimes twice per month.

I have received payment every months for the past 3 years, within their guidelines. Their schedulers are some of the best!
Go to Top of Page

VickiA
Star Contributor

Rapid City, SD
USA
845 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  2:55:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wasn't meaning to post "criticism." Just wanting any OPINIONS because my first experience with them was not all that great. I am sorry if I have offended anyone. I will more than likely just lurk from now on, I just wanted to know if this was the NORMAL for them to do. Thank you for your opinions.

Silver Shopper ID# 3akxzg Shopping Rapid City South Dakota and surrounding areas!
Go to Top of Page

Sandi In Mississippi
Star Contributor

MS
USA
1285 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  3:06:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Spooky huh! I think I'm gonna start responding to every post which has the word "chocolate" or "coffee" in it and then cross my fingers that a company who does them sees the post! L0L Think that would work??

There is a system so you can see partial details of the assignments at Shopper's Critique, but I'm not sure exactly how it works. It may be that after a certain number of successful assignments you can click on details and see it. On my screen I can call up some shop detail. Perhaps a poster who is better informed on this can fill you in, but I honestly have to say that these are some of the nicest schedulers.

Due to the fax-in setup I've had cases where my fax messed up a page. I've done reports where I wrote toooooo much. Once I ran into an employee with whom I'd had prior dealings and I ended having to abort the shop and start over another day. Every time they were great!
Go to Top of Page

OhioKirstin
Trainee

OH
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  3:59:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shopper's Critique is my favorite company, by far. This is partially because I enjoy the shops I do regularly for them, but also because everyone at the company (with whom I've dealt, anyway) is positive, polite, and professional. Instructions are always clear as crystal, and the reimbursements are fair. If only all companies were like this!

K
Go to Top of Page

VickiA
Star Contributor

Rapid City, SD
USA
845 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  4:42:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone. I'll just chalk this up to a misunderstanding and the fact it was Monday morning. They always seem to have shops open in my area (which is a big plus) so I'll keep on trucking. I was just hoping it wasn't something that was done all the time. Thanks again.

Go to Top of Page

SherryShopper
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
490 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2003 :  5:22:24 PM  Visit SherryShopper's Homepage  Send SherryShopper an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Chocolate and coffee? I have some of both!!! It is what makes a girl a REAL woman! LOL

Shopper's Critique has some great assignments, and many in my area. Maybe that system that you mention is available once you have more experience with them. As of now, I have not done any assignments for them, but I am anxious to do some.

I just don't like the idea of applying for a "generic" assignment that is "somewhere" in my city. Retail in Orlando leaves ALOT open! I just would prefer to get a few more details prior to requesting an assignment, so if it is something I am not interested in I won't waste their time, since I understand how valuable it is.

~*~ Sherry ~*~
sfox@yourwebness.com
Shopping:
Go to Top of Page

NancyFL
Contributor

FL
USA
96 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  12:22:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sherry,

Yes, the details of the assignment are available to shoppers who have experience with Shoppers Critique. I can't tell you what the specific requirements are for a shopper to have access to the specific client, location and fee/reimbursement.

I've shopped for Shoppers Critique for at least 3 years, and have had access to the detailed information since they began listing the specific information on their site. I've completed at least 25 reimbursement shops each year for them.

Their schedulers are very nice and professional. Until you have access to the shop details online, just give them a call. They're happy to help you and give you the details. Some shops are required to be done on specific dates, but most are within a certain period of time.

Shoppers Critique is definitely a company that's worth the extra effort.
Go to Top of Page

KrisFL

Lakeland, Florida
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  1:18:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have just completed my first assignment for Shoppers Critique, and I would have to say that so far they have been great! The scheduler I worked with was so nice on the phone. It was great to be able to call them with a quick question and get a friendly response back.
I do have one question though....are you able to view if your report was accepted at the website? I've checked the website but did not see an area for it.

Kristie
Go to Top of Page

ShAndrews
Inactive

USA
480 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  2:18:56 PM  Send ShAndrews an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
KrisFL - no, there isn't a place on the website that lets you know the status of your report. If there is a problem with it, they will contact you. However, if the shop is still showing up under your Pending Assignments, then you need to call them because that happened once to me. My report was lost in cyberspace and I had to re-input it

Shannon R. Andrews
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

KrisFL

Lakeland, Florida
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2003 :  7:56:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information on the website.I've checked and did not see the jobs still posted, so I'll assume that everything was ok. Its good to know that they actually do pay so quickly with reimbursments since it was a good size chunk of money to put out.
Go to Top of Page

MPresley
Valued Contributor

Lake Mary, FL
USA
155 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2003 :  4:32:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've got an awesome shopping opportunity with SCI for this next week. They are #1 in my book...

GOLD Certificate hxxy4v shopping Orlando, Winter Park, Sanford, Lake Mary, Orange City, Deltona, Deland, Oviedo, Altamonte Springs, FL
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1877 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2003 :  8:21:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree. Great company to work for.

You can see company's ratings at http://frost.bbboy.net/ourlittlesecret

The nice thing is that a lot of the posting is "anonymous", which means you get to hear the negative as well as the positive (not that Shopper's Critique has any negative!).

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

Jaycee

Florida
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2003 :  7:24:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I see many available shops in my area with Shoppers Critique. However, as previously mentioned, I am also worried about applying for these assignments because they offer no upfront details.

Can anyone give a hint as to what the entertainment shops involve? Movie theatres, amusement parks, maybe even concerts?

How about those automotive? Do they involve taking a picture of the facility or do you have to have your car serviced?

I think Shoppers Critique would have more bites if they supplied some details before the request submittal.

Anyway, I requested two entertainment shops. If they are assigned to me and end up being something I cannot perform due to bringing/not bringing a guest or timing, I'll have to cancel and possibly be added to their skip list. What more can I do...

MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums