Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Merchandising Solutions Group Inc.
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

AuditorRuss
Star Contributor

Vacaville, California
USA
308 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2009 :  10:29:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My wife talked to a couple of people yesterday as I was out of town on a reset. I applied for a bunch of locations in areas I merchandise in. Hopefully this will lead to more work, hopefully for the holidays!

Russ
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  04:01:33 AM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've applied for the fan job and an waiting to see if I get it. I'm hoping. Can always use more work.

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

RepSusan
Valued Contributor

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2009 :  3:57:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I found on some job sites that this company is needing someone for the sticker job/phamacy job near me. Before I fill out an online app, does this company do any regular work in any stores? Even something that is annual? I hate to go through the app and new hire packet if I'd get hired for just a $15.00 one time job. Yeah I could use the $15.00 but then that's one more thing come tax-time, etc. Do they hire or is it IC?
TIA

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Cindy in FL

Welllington, FL
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2009 :  06:57:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am still waiting to receive the materials for the fan/flu project for the one store I have. The website shows the job is considered late, yet I received an email last week saying you must wait for the shipment to be delivered to you. Yesterday I emailed the scheduler who assigned me the job, haven't heard back yet. I sent in all the new hire paperwork that I was emailed, but haven't received anything else from them.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2009 :  8:56:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just finished my flu poster and fan job here at my Walmart on Friday and faxed everything off and added the online pics. Emailed the person who hired me but got no response on a question or two. Applied for 3 other jobs too,but didn't get any of them. I was only assigned to this store when he hired me so i wonder if once they assign you to a store you don't really get the other jobs unless that person can't do them. Hmmm. I did notice that the available jobs site is back to the jobs from 08 again and everything else is gone.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

AuditorRuss
Star Contributor

Vacaville, California
USA
308 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  08:55:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There was a problem with the shipping end of it. I have a lot of locations and they are giving me plenty of time to complete them. I just finished receiving everything last Thursday so they show up as late. Mine are now five days late. I am just ignoring it and doing my stores. Plugging them in with other route work I do.

Russ
Go to Top of Page

JenA

Highland, IN
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  7:50:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I had 4 stores to do and am missing all of the properties for one of them, so it shows Im 6 days late now, but my mgr. knows and she said not to worry about it, just wait till I get the properties to get the job done.

As far as the questions about steady work, I dont think so. I worked for them during the holidays last year and this is the first time they have had anything in my area since last Dec.

They pay on time and at times take a while to respond to emails or calls but they are pretty nice and understandind.

Jen
Go to Top of Page

CMitchell

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  12:48:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Everyone I just wanted to add something concerning this company also. I also did the Walmart & Flu Poster Shots Assignment as well, On 08-24-09 & 08-25-09. Uploaded photos and everything. Couple of issuses the 7 digit number to call in didnt work, so I informed the DM that hired me....looked into it, still didnt work next day either. So, I informed him as long as I get a mgr signature and photos then you know I completed the work. (2nd) issuse: My work stayed on my dashboard for over 2 weeks befor being approved by a mgr, and stating the 1 store was late, in which it wasnt the store hasnt open yet, not until Sept 20th, sent an email explaining this , but still getting 3 days late, then 4 days late. So, I emailed a supervisor concerning this matter. She removed it from the dashboard and approved 4 of my completed assignments not the total in all. So, I emailed her and asked was there a concern issuse with my remaining assignments not being approved. No response from Supervisor or DM....DM not returning phone calls or voice messages that I have left, no emails are being responded to....My thing is that when you contacted me concerning this open position: You had no problem dialing my number & emailing then.........Why has communication been deceased.......
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  2:54:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've had no problems so far,got paid right on time for my first job. Hope to see more work from them in the months ahead,especially with the holidays and back to school here.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  2:54:53 PM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess I'm glad I didn't get this one

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl55
Valued Contributor

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2009 :  2:45:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got an offer for a chainsaw demo job. Any recent feedback?
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2009 :  3:36:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I seen that job, but not in my area. I can't start hubby's chainsaw, so I don't think I could have done it anyway.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  12:01:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's been months without any jobs from these guys. Do they only get 2 or 3 contracts a year? Just wondering here.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2009 :  6:17:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't had a job with them since Dec 19, 2008 doing the Gift Card project. I did it Oct, Nov, and twice in December 2008. I received an email saying to keep looking on the dashboard for 2009, but have not seen anything all year in my area.
I still see those jobs as available in other parts of the country, but they are way past due from 2008.

Karito
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2010 :  9:55:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
UPDATE

I just received 3 audit assignments in my area. Pay is decent. I just decided to check the website and there they were.
http://www.merchandisingsol.com/career_opportunities/
for anyone who wants to apply.

Karito
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2010 :  05:24:43 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the heads up! I applied for 2 jobs and left one for someone else. A month's lead time can be nice for planning.
IF anybody else is reading this, I recommend you check out the job board. There were over 30 pages of jobs spread across the USA.

To answer Kelly's question. The two jobs that I applied for do have a possible followup. The job board details say the followup job will be offered to the person assigned the original job.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2010 :  6:37:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jeff,
You are right, it did state that we would be given first choice for any follow up visits, I had forgotten that.

Karito
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2010 :  09:10:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also wanted to add, that when I did the Gift card audit jobs back in 2008, that I had no problem contacting my supervisor and I was paid ontime throughout the entire project.

Karito
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  08:53:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just received email, hiring me for the Big Lots job. I still need to send in the new hire paperwork. How much of a turn around is there for pay? Otherwise, how fast do they pay you, providing all paperwork is completed correctly?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  8:45:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did one Big Lots last week and it was approved within 2 days. I did two today, so shall see how quickly these two go. I cannot remember how often they pay, but I remember I was paid in a timely manner when I did the gift card audits..
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums