Page: of 5

Barbara N.CA
Star Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
2397 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  09:32:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dear SASSIE,

I would like to see more slots to input area codes in the shopper profile area, please. I may or may not have been a very good girl this year but I have been a good shopper.

Barbara
MSPA Gold Shopper since June, 2003.
MSPA 2005 "Go To" Shopper

JackFromSassie
Valued Contributor

Boston, Massachusetts
USA
122 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  10:36:59 AM  Visit JackFromSassie's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think this is a great thread (although I'm sure my programmers will come to hate it !!).

Since we gave schedulers the ability to match shoppers to locations based on zip code and distance, very few of them use the area code feature with any regularity anymore, so that's why we never updated it.

The Zip Code matching works like this :

* Scheduler enters how many shoppers per location it wants to find (say 50-100 shoppers)

* SASSIE looks 10 miles from each location - if a location finds less than 50 shoppers, then it looks 25 miles away, then 50 ... then if totally desperate, it goes out as far as 100 miles

* Therefore a location in Manhattan will probably only need to look 10 miles or less ... a location in East Nowhere will need to look 100 miles out.

* If a location STILL can't find enough shoppers, then the scheduler has the option to search by the 6 area codes entered by shopper, or even by state.

Since this search method is so much more accurate than area codes (it crosses area code borders and state borders ... and doesn't email people who live on the far side of a very large area code) , it's not as important to have more than 6 area codes set up. IN fact, a REALLY aggressive shopper might pick the FURTHEST 6 area codes that they would be willing to shop, since the Zip code search will certainly match you on locations close to you.

Hope that helps !
Go to Top of Page

Barbara N.CA
Star Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
2397 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  12:18:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Sir SASSIE!

I asked the question because it looks like I'll be shopping, on a regular but infrequent basis, areas far from my home, e.g., as far 100-200 miles north, south, and southeast. Now I'll just have to figure out how to arrive at a good balance.

Your programmers may come to love this thread. It'll never be boring, at least.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

LindaCulp
Star Contributor

Portland, Oregon
USA
2339 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  12:21:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info, Jack!

When I was in California, this information would have helped me immensely so I could broaden my horizons geographically, but in Utah we only have two area codes in the entire state!

Still, it's good information to know, in case I move to some other highly congested area with numerous area codes.

Happily shopping the Portland, Oregon metro area!
~MSPA *Gold* Certified, 2003~
Go to Top of Page

SelenePN
Star Contributor

Fairfax, VA
USA
942 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  1:04:46 PM  Send SelenePN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The number one feature I would like to see on SASSIE is password and SSN encryption. When I enter the password or social security number, right now it just displays what I entered in plain view on the screen. Most secured websites will display "********" instead. It also memorizes my password (e.g., when I register with another MSC that is using SASSIE, my password will automatically populate in the drop-down list in the password field). I am concerned with the security. Thanks a lot for listening!

Thanks,
Selene
Go to Top of Page

NatalieH
Contributor

USA
8291 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  1:12:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd like to be able to delete my information from my profile after the account has been disabled. I would prefer that people who display questionable behavior do not have access to my personal info.
Go to Top of Page

CabrusoBros
Star Contributor

NC
USA
744 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  2:24:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One-How about some sort of print function, with a reduced screen format? With no current print option, I copy and paste the entire form into an email that I send to myself to print later for my records.

Two-How about tab/bookmarks for each section rather than one long drawn out form? I end up scrolling up and down from question to comment field checking for comments against yes/no responses. If I could deal with one category at a time? For example, a recent bank phone shop: transaction information, establish rapport, hold information, transfer information, 2nd establish rapport, obtain agreement, FYI, overall impression, subjective impression, supplemental comments. I don't question that the client asks for 10 categories of information, just maybe an easier format for input. And, referring back to wish #1, printing the copy and paste of the above shop for my records is 10 pages. I've done almost 40 of those shops this month.
Go to Top of Page

VickiC
Star Contributor

Placentia, CA
USA
455 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  4:04:58 PM  Send VickiC an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would like the ability to display my shop log by date, by status or by client, or something more than the seemingly random way it displays now. I hate scanning thru 50 shops looking for the unpaid one.

Shopping North Orange County, Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

JAngler64
Valued Contributor

Philadelphia, PA
USA
112 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  5:48:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would like to be able to see the completed report, and keep it on the system, so I do not have to copy and paste the information onto my computer. In other words, keep the report viewable on "my space on the sassie site". As stated before, it can be a bit cumbersome to take a copy of the complete report.

Jeff
MSPA Gold Certified aacxgi
Shopping Eastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, NY to Washington, DC
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  6:41:39 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like the new sassie feature where it only shows shops that have to be done, or you can check shops you did during a certain time period. Comes in handy with those companies that I have done 50 or 60 shops over the past year!!

How about a option to imput zip codes? Some of us live in the boonies and that 10 mile feature doesn't benefit us any at all as we have to go 12 miles just to get a big mac from mcdonalds!

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

VickiC
Star Contributor

Placentia, CA
USA
455 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  6:54:40 PM  Send VickiC an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Companies with a job board already have the search by ___ distance from this zip code option. It sounds like Jack is saying that companies without the job board have the option to offer the shop to people in an increasing radius based on the number of shoppers.

How have I missed the ability to see only jobs from certain dates?

Shopping North Orange County, Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  8:17:39 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jobs that have already been assigned to you, or you have already done.

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

.Betty-Allen
Inactive

Indian River, MI
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  02:19:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My Sassie wish? Just to be able to get into the sites. In the last couple days, my logins have become nightmares. I am told that either I don't have Javascript enabled or I don't have cookies enabled.

Since I'm the type who never accepts the first negative answer - anytime - anywhere, I clicked back & forth a couple times and finally got in. Luckily, the first site that gave me this problem was a quick one. Logged in about 7 times and finally, in I went.

But there was one where I gave up after 30+ tries. Now, I have the little program where one click fills in the login form and sends it so all I was doing was clicking back & forth. But 30+ tries!?!?!?!

Most of them are 8 or 10 clicks. So has my computer swallowed a frog? Or is there something different about the Sassie sites? And yes, Javascript IS enabled.

Any ideas, anyone?

Betty in northern lower Michigan
Go to Top of Page

Barbara N.CA
Star Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
2397 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  08:29:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Betty-Allen,

Are you using Netscape 8.0? I use Netscape as my main browser for shopping sites, and am disgusted at the latest version. It's not a SASSIE problem. Although I do get login problems with SASSIE sites when I use Netscape's password function *sometimes*, I get login problems with Prophet sites ALMOST EVERY TIME I use Netscape's password function. Yep. I do the same back-and-forth-use-the-password-function thing.

I encounter no such problem (with SASSIE or Prophet) sites when I use IE.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

KrisP

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  11:25:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote

I have two SASSIE requests

1) Add a link to the shop details from the applied sections. Some companies wait some time to assign the shops and it sits in the applied section. If I want to review it, I have to go back to the job board and refind it again.

2) It would be great to have the job board search info autofill initially. For example, the zip would autofil to my zip, the state would autofil my state, etc. We could always change it, but 99% of the time I am seaching based on my zip or state.

Thanks for listening.
Go to Top of Page

SelenePN
Star Contributor

Fairfax, VA
USA
942 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  2:27:01 PM  Send SelenePN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CabrusoBros

Two-How about tab/bookmarks for each section rather than one long drawn out form?

You mean like the report would consist of different web pages? I am sorry but I have to say something. I actually like the way SASSIE displays everything on one page. It takes a long time for me to navigate through web pages if the report contains multiple pages. I would rather scroll up and down than clicking back and forward.

Of course, if the majority of the shoppers like the report to be multiple pages, I will be quiet. But I just wanted to make sure that SASSIE knows there are also people (at least myself) who like it on one page.

Thanks,
Selene
Go to Top of Page

CabrusoBros
Star Contributor

NC
USA
744 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  3:50:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No. Not different web pages. Like Adobe thumbnails. You can see and flip between.
Go to Top of Page

GVargas
Valued Contributor

WA
USA
163 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  4:14:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you want tabbed webpages like IE7 is going to have...
Go to Top of Page

.Betty-Allen
Inactive

Indian River, MI
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  01:10:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No, I'm using IE and my operating program is XP.

I haven't changed anything and haven't had any problem with the Sassie pages until the past couple days. That's why I wondered if they have been changing something.

I keep getting a message that I don't have Javascript enabled. IT IS ENABLED. I even began to doubt myself and checked it more than once. The funny thing is if I just keep clicking, eventually I get in. Sometimes in 4-5 clicks, sometimes it takes lots more. But today I was completely stopped on one of them.

Betty in northern lower Michigan
Go to Top of Page

Paula Kutka
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1671 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  04:40:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
At the very top of the shop after the date and time, I'd like
___No, I was not able to complete the shop.

And then the shop asks why and understands that nothing else on the form is needed and marks it as complete.

This is for places that are closed, no longer in business, etc. That way I'm not showing it was late and someone runs into what happened and it clears it off of my "to do" section. I have one still sitting on my jobs as open from two months ago and the company knows the situation and it is just sitting there for me to do and the place is no longer in business.

Paula
Gold Certified shopping the Houston/Galveston area and IAH Airport since 2002
Go to Top of Page

Mike Krieger
Star Contributor

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2005 :  07:10:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would like to see an "universal" job board in which all of the sassie companies list. It would really take the legwork out of searching for those companies that only post and don't email.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums