Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

MargeI
Star Contributor

Middletown, MD
USA
900 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  8:17:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OK another suggestion. Just had this problem. Submitting shop due 1/6/06. Today is 1/4/06. Did the shop today.

System tells me "this shop was due 1/6/05 you are putting in the wrong year are you SURE?"

OK, yeah I'm sure. I'm sure that the scheduler ooopsed the date! Now, seriously, doesn't SASSIE know that it's 2006? When the scheduler originally set up this shop why would it let her put in a due date that's already passed? There's gotta be a way to fix this.

Luckily it let me submit it with a warning rather than an outright OOPS. Never saw that before.
Go to Top of Page

Dot-eee

Benton, AR
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2006 :  3:17:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jack,
I hope you are still monitoring this thread. I would love to be able to have a spot in my profile that says, "Please send email notifications only for shops that pay $____ or more."

I'm sick of wading through emails for shops that pay less than $10. And those $3, $4 and $5 shops are just ridiculous. With the price of gas today, no one is making any money on those shops (except maybe the MSC). Heck, I don't do easy phone shops for less than $7. I'm certainly not going to get in my car and drive somewhere for less than that. Who is taking these shops anyway?

Sorry, I guess I needed to vent. Anyway, I'd love to be able to indicate on all my Sassie profiles what my pay limitations are so that I only receive emails for shops I might be interested in doing.

Thanks for listening!

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Central Arkansas - Little Rock, Benton, Bryant, Malvern, North Little Rock and beyond
Go to Top of Page

JackFromSassie
Valued Contributor

Boston, Massachusetts
USA
122 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2006 :  4:25:02 PM  Visit JackFromSassie's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dot-eee ,

Hey, I hear you on that - gas prices and low shop fees. My only question on this is if you'd want to pass up some shops with low-to-no shop fees, but awesome reimbursements. Theoretically, I'm thinking something like "3 day resort stay" -type of shops ... ??
Go to Top of Page

Dot-eee

Benton, AR
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2006 :  4:58:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jack,

Well . . . from my personal experience those types of shops are not posted on an open board. The shops I've done with awesome reimbursements have all been offered to me by phone. If anyone is posting those types of shops on their board, I'd love to know who they are. I've never seen one, yet I've been offered a fair amount of them.

Maybe you could have another check-box that says, "Check this box if you want to be notified of awesome reimbursement-only shops." Do you think the MSC's would go for that?

Or more seriously, maybe a check-box that says, "Send email notifications for reimbursement-only shops above $___." Those who wish to be notified about every shop in their area could just ignore these boxes. If they're not marked, the system would ignore them.

Anyway, I'd love to find a way to stop receiving email notifications for shops that I have no interest in doing because of the low pay. I have better things to do with my time (like shop!) than wade through hundreds of emails every week.

If you have a brainstorm about how to solve this, I'd appreciate anything you can do.

Thanks

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Central Arkansas - Little Rock, Benton, Bryant, Malvern, North Little Rock and beyond
Go to Top of Page

Ron de Sacramento
Valued Contributor

Sacramento, CA
USA
214 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2006 :  6:39:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The kind of feature I'd like to see would have separate check boxes for the type of shops you'd do, i.e., returns, shops with guests, shops with teens, etc.

That would weed out some email announcements and give the scheduler a better idea of what type shopper they are working with.
Go to Top of Page

Christina_C
Contributor

Portland, OR
USA
75 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2006 :  4:13:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is a feature I'd love:

A link on the application window to show a map of how far the shop location is from your house! The reason being? There are many shops that get listed as big bonuses or they are just interesting shops but I'm not quite sure where the city is in my state. I then have to open up another tab and go to the mapquest site so I can input my address and the city name for each location that I'm wondering about. This happens more often than you might think for me!

It would save a huge amount of time to be able to just click on a "map" link for that shops location and see the exact mileage from my house.

MSPA GOLD Certified - Shopping the Portland Metro since 2001
Go to Top of Page

CZila
Trainee

Las Vegas, NV
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  10:06:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As a newbie, I'm sure this has been mentioned before, and I'm sure there are reasons why it doesn't happen, but anyway...

When you're registering with a new company that uses sassie, you have to put in your e-mail address. It'd be great if Sassie checked with a main database that could pull up any info that would transfer to the specific fields the MS Co. needs.

And I'd like a decline job button. Other MS co's have this, and that way I can check for new jobs without getting ones 300 miles away that nobody else has taken.

Thanks!
Christina

-Christina
Go to Top of Page

BarbaraNY
Valued Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
231 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2006 :  7:26:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok, maybe this has been mentioned before, so excuse me. You know when you sign up with a SASSIE company and you input the area codes of the areas you are willing to shop? Why is it then that I sometimes receive SASSIE email invitations that show only shops that are not within the area codes that I've specified? Who controls the area code filter, SASSIE or the MSC?

BARBARA
MSPA Silver Certified
Happily Shopping Rochester, NY
Go to Top of Page

Arlene_HI
Star Contributor

Lawai, HI
USA
676 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  3:52:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd like it if the emails sent listed the available cities closer to the top. Just today I received one and scrolled through reading it thinking it sounded like a great assignment -- they didn't even have one in my state. Not a SASSIE issue, but it gets really old getting dozens of emails about jobs in other states.
Go to Top of Page

LisaCDuffy
Contributor

Vallejo, CA
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  12:11:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Arlene, those emails without my city and state annoy me as well. What I do is scroll to the bottom to find my city and state first, then click on the link to read the company's website description of the shop instead reading the email itself. Because sometimes, when I've clicked on the link, the jobs for my area are already taken. So what's the point in reading it then? Just my

LisaD - Certified MSPA Gold member shopping since 2005 and LOVING the high-end and entertainment shops!
Go to Top of Page

FranS
Star Contributor

Estero, FL
USA
461 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  04:08:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As an editor, I would like to see a larger type face. It is hard to edit with a font so tiny. I'm not changing my screen size either - all other pages read very nicely, thank you. But editing gives me a headache with tiny print.

FranS
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

FranS
Star Contributor

Estero, FL
USA
461 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  4:40:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Aha! I just found the control to increase font size. Love it!

FranS
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

NoelleL

Florence, SC
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  11:02:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I"m not opposed to low paying shops. I just performed 10 3-5 dollar shops at my local mall, plus one 15.00 shop. It's all in a matter of planning you trips. My husband wanted to go look in a couple of electronics stores, I needed pickup a gift card for my father in laws birthday, so I was going to be there anyway.. I earned 45-50 dollars, not counting reimbursements for those shops, my husband and I had an outing together, and overall it didn't cost us a thing. Don't knock low paying shops. Another thing, there are many stores I shop that are less than a half mile from me. Five bucks plus reimbursement is not a problem, since I'll probably be driving thatway to go to some other store too.

Mystery shopping is all in what you make of it.

BTW my Sassie suggestion - not allowing any company to require a middle initial. I have no middle initial and I have gotten stuck becuase it was a required field. Acutally Sassie is not the only one I have run into thatproblem on. Jack you've got a good product but the front end needs to be more modern looking- I though the tabs suggestion was a good one. I used to be a programmer- so I canunderstand your plight!!!

NoelleL
Go to Top of Page

MariaB.
Apprentice

Merced, CA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  11:48:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is kind of based on the idea of merging companies that use SASSIE into one big database that we could sort...

What if there were some sort of profile option that listed what sites we have signed up with SASSIE on? Rather than fishing through bookmarks or emails, it could be maintained on our SASSIE profile, with links to those databases, and maybe even with a notes field so we can enter notes next to those companies. Also, maybe a way for us to rank them in our profile, so we have all 20 listed we signed up for, but have them sorted by preference.

If you can't put all SASSIE sites on one because the companies complain, maybe you can instead have a database that stores OUR data with the compaines we signed up for. It would be an extra step, but I know I would love something like this.
Go to Top of Page

Patsy NE Ohio

Garfield Hts., OH
USA
21 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  05:23:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like the new setup. But I would like to save my settings, what ever those setting maybe. If I sort by date, or shop date or active; I want the page to always be the same when I get to it.
Can this be done?
Also when looking for a shop you can only enter 99 miles for zip. Can this been changed to add more miles; 200, 500 etc.?

Patsy
Ohio & Beyond
MSPA Gold 2005
Go to Top of Page

KimE

NY
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  08:27:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can the shopper citations be permanently hidden? Every time I log into a particular MSC Sassie Site, despite having hidden them in the past, the citations are always showing. I have a citation for cancelling due to a family emergency, and EVERY time I log in, I get reminded of who died and when. I have to manually hide the citation, but it always appears next login.

Kim
Gold Certified
Step level 8 and trying
Shopping Long Island
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6556 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  07:29:38 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love Sassie and the reporting system, but I have one wish. Let the date reflect correctly. I have on more than one occasion had an editor ask me to make sure my report is in on time. It was...but alot of times, I don't get home to start the reports until the early evening.

At 9:00PM, the date changes to the next day.

I realize that it is because I am on the West coast, but maybe it could be set to West coast time, that way we would either all show our reports being on time or early.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

MargeI
Star Contributor

Middletown, MD
USA
900 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  06:55:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What happened to the little timer in the corner of the screen? It no longer works. I think someone said it was because of browser upgrades? Bring it back!

Also, why do I have to do a drop-down box for the YEAR? I mean, hello, I'm not reporting a shop from 2004. I sure hope no one else is either.
Go to Top of Page

Judy in VA
Star Contributor

VA
USA
836 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  03:53:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Why does one have to jump through hoops to use the spell-check feature?

If I try and spell-check the entire form, I get an error message. So I have to select "Save Shop for Later," then go back and finish by using the spell check. Loading the feature seems to take longer than necessary.

I realize I can put the paragraphs in a Word document, then paste them into the shop form, but surely there's an easier way for Sassie to enhance this necessary tool.

MSPA 2007 Shopper of the Year
MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in recorded and unrecorded phone shops
Go to Top of Page

JNorthup
Valued Contributor

Toledo, OH
USA
165 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  04:54:35 AM  Send JNorthup an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is my first post on this topic. I love the Sassie system today! Years ago, I had been pulling my hairs out with every issue mentioned prior to my post.

quote:
Originally posted by Judy in VA

Why does one have to jump through hoops to use the spell-check feature?

If I try and spell-check the entire form, I get an error message. So I have to select "Save Shop for Later," then go back and finish by using the spell check.

Judy, I had this issue many times in the past, but I believe this was mainly having to do with a slow connection speed or weak wi-fi connection. I'm a traveling shopper and I frequently "tap" into any free wireless internet hub wherever I go. If the connection speed is very slow, I'd think twice about clicking on the spell-checker button for the entire form! I hear ya, I do save my form after EACH section of the form, just to be safe because I never know when the wireless connection would drop!

Josh
Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums