Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

JNorthup
Valued Contributor

Toledo, OH
USA
165 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  05:00:52 AM  Send JNorthup an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Pardon me y'all, I forgot to type in what I'd like to see on Sassie

Its been a while since I used a sassie site to input, so I'm not sure if this feature is already out or not but here's what I'd like to see on the system: A display that identifies what your connection speed is and a warning message stating "you would need a connection speed of 56kps or higher to efficiently submit the form and use any features"? I know not everyone travels on the road with a laptop and most of you are probably at home with some high speed broadband cable connected to your home computer. But for me, I'm strictly wi-fi. Thanks....

Josh
Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Carl25782
Contributor

The Woodlands, Texas
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2007 :  9:14:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Judy in VA

Why does one have to jump through hoops to use the spell-check feature?

If I try and spell-check the entire form, I get an error message. So I have to select "Save Shop for Later," then go back and finish by using the spell check. Loading the feature seems to take longer than necessary.

I realize I can put the paragraphs in a Word document, then paste them into the shop form, but surely there's an easier way for Sassie to enhance this necessary tool.

Aside from the hit and miss spell check feature...I think SASSIE is superior to Prophet.
Go to Top of Page

.TheLloyd
Inactive

Corning, NY
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  3:37:34 PM  Send .TheLloyd an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MariaB.

If you can't put all SASSIE sites on one because the companies complain, maybe you can instead have a database that stores OUR data with the compaines we signed up for. It would be an extra step, but I know I would love something like this.

There is still no single way to find all Sassie openings in one stop, right? I can imagine the privacy and confidentiality concerns from the Mystery Shopping companies, but the lack of centralized search is just murder on the Independent Contractors - especially new ICs.

How about this for a suggestion - give the ICs a centralized search for openings by zipcode, then for results provide a link (or links) to the Sassie site of MSCs with openings in that area. That's just a link to the sign-up page of the with an opening in the target zipcode MSC, not any information about the MSC's client, thus, no confidential information disclosed.

As a fairly new shopper I have 30+ companies with whom I have registered. Most of those are Sassie sites which were cited as having openings in my area either here or on ShadowShopper or some other listing. However, I found their Job Boards are mostly or completely blank. This month I've done 2 jobs through Sassie sites and 20 more I found on other non-Sassie boards or where a MSC called me directly.

There are several major chains in my area for whom I have not found a MSC. However, I have exhausted all of my 'leads' for MSCs operating locally. My next step is to blindly sign up for all of the other MSCs I can find; even if I've never heard of them operating in the North-East at all.

Lloyd
Go to Top of Page

Cassy S.
Valued Contributor

Seattle, Washington
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2009 :  07:47:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This may have been said but I think I read through all the posts. I would like to see an autofill on the Sassie signup page. If I sign up for one company and then find another Sassie company that I want to sign up with can't I click on a "auto-fill" button and have it completely fill in the form with all the information I used for the last company I signed up with.

Cassy
Love to shop the greater Seattle area.
Go to Top of Page

Gary G

Oak Park, MI
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2010 :  11:39:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jack - are you still out there?

It would still be a huge help to both shoppers and schedulers to have a feature that lets us log in to a master page and search for assignments across all of the SASSIE MS clients (where we are a current, registered shopper). I just found out about a good paying shop that was 2 miles away from where I was yesterday, but didn't happen to check that SASSIE site. It isn't worth a separate trip, so not only did I not make the money, but the assignment is still waiting for a shopper just before the due date!

This has been suggested many times before - still no response from the SASSIE people as to why this hasn't been implemented. I would think this would be an excellent marketing tool for them, an added bonus for their clients that choose SASSIE to get their shop assignments noticed.

Also, still waiting for the universal applications fields to be automatically filled in from other applications already on the system. Any possibilities that these are going to happen any time soon?
Go to Top of Page

JackFromSassie
Valued Contributor

Boston, Massachusetts
USA
122 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2010 :  1:02:37 PM  Visit JackFromSassie's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually, we've managed to take care of all three of the last requests through our JobSlinger Plus system (we couldn't do it from within SASSIE because of our legal agreements with individual mystery shopping companies).

So, specifically speaking, if you are a JobSlinger Plus subscriber you can:

• Search all of your SASSIE MS Company Job Boards all in one place
• Quickly sign up for an account on any SASSIE MS Company using your profile information (stored in JobSlinger Plus)
• Access a list of sign up links for SASSIE Companies that are actively looking for new shoppers
• See all of your SASSIE assignments in a single calendar
• And a bunch of other stuff I can't remember

It took a good quarter-million dollars to build so we couldn't just offer it for free ((prices start below $3/month at http://jobslinger.com) but at least we can say we listened to what you folks asked for!

-Jack
Go to Top of Page

Gary G

Oak Park, MI
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2010 :  9:57:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jack,

I had no idea! That's what I get for basically working mainly for 2 companies for the past couple years. I'll check it out - $3 per month, I would have nearly paid off that much from the one assignment I should have signed up for yesterday but missed.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisThomas
Valued Contributor

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  6:28:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It would be a timesaver (and annoyance eliminator) if JobSlinger would not ask to enter that 5 digit code every time. It's a little over the top. We are not protecting missile codes here. While on that subject, Slinger Plus and “select the triangle” is a bit tedious as well. My banking and stock account entry is easier.
Go to Top of Page

JackFromSassie
Valued Contributor

Boston, Massachusetts
USA
122 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  6:57:59 PM  Visit JackFromSassie's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
CThomas,

Yeah, I hate those login qualifiers too. Unfortunately if we don't put those in unscrupulous competitors have bots that illegally steal all of our listings and resell them - then MS companies stop listing on our site because they don't want to be associated with those shady sites.

So yeah, it's a necessary evil to keep us in business. Sorry about that!

- Jack
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  9:56:52 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The thing that makes me to hmmmmmmm? is the profile item under education does not offer "some college".

Why can't the good folks at Sassie work with their clients to enable many of us without teens in the house to be able to disable the age compliance shops while still being able to receive their other shopper opportunities? Then add it to Job Slinger Plus as part of the update all sites function?

I appreciate the PDF file made available when a report is completed.

I also appreciate the ability to bail out of a shop that I bid on when a scheduler fails to check on the bids in a timely manner or when something comes up like a better shop. No explanations just delete the bid and go on with life!!

I do agree the spell checker needs work. It can be tempermental or even lock you out of the shop you worked so hard on.

A character counter option would be nice. You would trigger it as you do with the spell checker or like some competitors, just keeps counting as you type or delete characters.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2010 :  10:49:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
During the shopper conference in Las Vegas this past fall, many of us suggested that it would be a big improvement if the Sassie email contained the shops' cities in the subject line. As currently formated we have to scroll down to the end of the email to see if one of the cities is in our area. Any progress on this one?

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

RichC
Contributor

(Northern), VA
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  12:16:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is one thing I'd really like to see on the Sassie forms (and other companies forms as well).

If we have to do a narrative that has a floor and/or ceiling on character counts, PLEASE post it from the outset. And when we update/save, please tally the character count and OOPS! it if we are over or under - and by how much. It's really frustrating to type out six thorough paragraphs then find out that there is a 100 character limit.
Go to Top of Page

JackFromSassie
Valued Contributor

Boston, Massachusetts
USA
122 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2010 :  1:32:56 PM  Visit JackFromSassie's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
RichC, there's no ceiling on character counts on standard SASSIE surveys. They may exist on a very few highly customized surveys but it's definitely not standard. I do know other systems do it (probably to save on data storage).

Jeff68005 and RichC: Character count tally is a great suggestion. It would have been very easy to do when we were building SASSIE in the beginning; it's quite a bit tougher to graft it on after the fact, but I'll suggest it for the future.

KenASch: Actually, YES! We very recently gave schedulers the ability to edit the subject of their emails, so the path is cleared for them to add shop cities, or states, or whatever they like. We haven't heavily publicized the feature yet, but I will definitely use the example of putting cities in the subject line as a great use of that new option.

Thanks!
Jack
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  4:50:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It would be a real time saver if the Job Board defaults on my state (or zip code). It usually defaults to a blank box or worse...a different state that I had never entered - MO, really? It comes back to that state each time I click on Job Board. I like the option of being able to search other states and zip codes, but why doesn't it default to my state?

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  10:23:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Connie,

Sassie always goes to my state automatically. I'm sure that can be fixed somehow. I didn't do anything special to get it to happen that way.

I would like to see the years be more recent for shop history. When I want to check the log, each time I have to manually change the date to the most recent year or years to avoid seeing all the shops from the past 6 years. It's nice to have that feature, but I would like the option of checking past shops rather than having it default to 2004.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  05:33:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That goes along with entering a shop date and having 2007 (or whatever it is) be the year at the top of the list. Maybe they could reverse the year options to be descending instead of ascending, then the current year would always be at the top.

I agree with Jeff that the pdf of the completed shop is much appreciated, and I very much like the option to delete an application when a scheduler took too long to respond. I'm about to go delete 3 right now since I only applied because I'll be in that area today. No response, and I've got to get going, so tough for them. If I couldn't delete it, I just know I'd be assigned at 8pm tonight.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page

CorrieS
Star Contributor

Briarwood, NY
USA
932 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  1:39:25 PM  Send CorrieS an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Some of these "printer friendly" versions are really not that printer-friendly. I occasionally copy and paste to Excel so I can play with them, but it doesn't always work so well.

Corrie S.
MSPA Silver Certified
shopping NYC & Nassau County... and willing to travel...
Go to Top of Page

ErinHayden
Valued Contributor

Visalia, California
USA
106 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  9:17:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would like the option to "ignore" certain shops. There are some jobs that I just have no desire to do, but these are the ones that I always get multiple e-mails about. Sorry....I don't want to go to a bar 4 hours away.

Not sure about how it could be done, though. Maybe by location number, since I believe most shops have one. Or by address? Just an option to "Ignore shop offers for location XY123".

That may not be possible, but I'd love to see something like that. :)

Erin
MSPA Silver Certified - Covering the great state of California since 2004
Have laptop, camera, and military base access - will travel!
Go to Top of Page

BrendaInFL

Palm Beach, FL
USA
44 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2010 :  06:57:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,

In the past week, I have applied to one specific company that uses the Sassie system for two different assignments. I have an average shop rating of 9 for past evaluations.

The company states that an application is considered an agreement to perform the shop. Therefore, when I apply, I always set the date in my calendar so I am available, if assigned.

I am not upset that I am not assigned-after all, there are many shoppers out there. I am disappointed and confused that this company does not send an email to alert me that I have not been assigned the shop.

Is this something new? Or has it become too difficult for certain companies to alert shoppers that they did not get the assignment? In either case, can we fix this problem?

Thanks for any info.

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Sandi G
Star Contributor

Tallahassee, FL
USA
918 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2012 :  7:45:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It would be lovely if the date fields would default to the current year. Default to today's complete date would be nice, but at least have the year. I understand someone might want to be reviewing their records for completed shops from 2010, so you can't just take out those years, but there's no way I'm entering a report from then.

--Sandi
traditional & video shopping FL and GA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums