Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Donnabella
Star Contributor

Peoria, AZ
USA
369 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  11:47:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wine Enthusiasts:

My husband and I have just started enjoying some fine wines. I thought it would be nice to have a bottle for our Thanksgiving dinner, which will be a turkey.

Any suggestions as to yummy wines that are in a decent price range to complement our meal?

Happy Turkey Day!

Donna
Shopping the Metropolitan Phoenix Area

Andi
Star Contributor

FL
USA
740 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  12:28:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just bought a bottle of Robert Mondavi Woodbridge 2003 Chardonnay to have with Thanksgiving dinner. If I remember correctly, it was about $8. or $9.

Andi
MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Central Eastern Florida
Go to Top of Page

KAnderson

MN
USA
49 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  2:28:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's a tradition around here (at least with people I know) to have Beaujolais Nouveau. It is this years vintage of the Beaujolais, so it is still light and fruity, especially for a red. Plus, it is supposed to bring good luck if you drink it before New Years. Check your wine stores, it just got in around here this week.

Kristin
Go to Top of Page

Donnabella
Star Contributor

Peoria, AZ
USA
369 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2005 :  5:05:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just found the Beaujolais today at a specialty store and picked up a bottle. I can't wait to try it. I like fruity wines and the good luck sounds nice too!

Donna
Shopping the Metropolitan Phoenix Area
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3047 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  6:11:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you like bubbles, Barefoot Bubbly is pretty darn good. If not, I prefer a pinot. I picked up a Pinot Grigio from Vendange, a California winery, recently that was very nice. I'd never heard of them before and don't regret the purchase at all.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3047 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2012 :  05:07:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Found a delightful dessert wine recently. My husband brought it home and I was skeptical, but tried it and loved it. The Chocolate Shoppe chocolate red wine. Fantastic with cheesecake, strawberries dipped in chocolate, cookies. Don't know how it would go with pumpkin pie, though.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums