Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Mystery Shopping
 Feedback Requested: AboutFace (Formerly: The Secret Shopper Company)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

CarolynV
Star Contributor

Oklahoma
USA
255 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  10:16:28 AM  Visit CarolynV's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been treated rudely by the employees of this company and was removed without notice having never completed a shop for them. I do not like their attitude in their emails at all.They claim I sent a rude email to one of their employees. I can't see how that is possible when I have not completed any shops for them.Of course I will not touch them with a ten foot pole now, so just beware fellow shoppers.I agree with the earlier post by a shopper who gives them an F rating. I agree.

Carolyn
Gold certified MSPA shopper in Oklahoma
Go to Top of Page

Marnen
Valued Contributor

Albany, NY
USA
192 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  08:25:28 AM  Visit Marnen's Homepage  Send Marnen an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Something seems to have happened to this company recently (around the same time as the name change?). I have no new shopping experiences to report, but the attitude in e-mail messages from them is getting more and more condescending, and they have given me extremely strange responses when I've reported technical issues with their website. This does not feel like the same friendly company that it used to be.

Marnen Laibow-Koser
Shopping the Albany, NY, area, and anywhere else that's convenient!
Go to Top of Page

AndreaGayle
Star Contributor

MD
USA
350 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2008 :  5:14:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been unable to get a straight answer regarding a shop I completed on 5/3. My shop doe snot show when I search "When will I get paid." I e-mailed them AND called and still have no concrete answer. First, I was told the shop won't show until right before it pays. Funny, all my other shops showed pretty quickly. Then I was told to wait a few weeks and check again. Still nothing. I got 1 e-mail from Jennifer Barrick asking me when I completed the shop. I responded and have not heard anything. I am very dissapointed in this company. All I want is to make sure I am paid and I get no help. I do not plan to shop for them again at this point. I feel I gave them plenty of chances to respond. Luckily, I have the editor's e-mail with my perfect score in it as proof of completion.

Andrea Gayle
Go to Top of Page

MisterBill
Star Contributor

NY
USA
256 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  6:20:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone else have evidence that their email address was obtained by spammers from this company? I have been getting lots of spam at aboutface@nnn.us where nnn.us is my private domain. There is no way that the spammers could have just guessed this id so clearly one of Aboutface's systems was not secure and the spammers were able to get their list of ids. I emailed them about this when it first occurred and they ignored my email. I'd have thought they wold have wanted to do something about it.

Bill
Go to Top of Page

JoAnna81
Apprentice

Oak Forest, IL
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  6:50:07 PM  Send JoAnna81 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done two shops for them and didn't have any problems. The instructions were good and they paid quickly.

JoAnna
Go to Top of Page

MaryMoney

Timonium, MD
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  6:55:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been very pleased with AboutFace. I did 3 shops for them in June. I found their forms easy to complete, and I have already been paid. I love these folks and will do as many shops as I can for them.

Mary~~Gold Certified
Shopping the Metropolitan Baltimore Area and Central Maryland
Go to Top of Page

MichaelinNH
Star Contributor

New Hampshire
USA
487 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  05:44:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Everytime I log in, it tells me I have been unsubscribed for an invalid e-mail. I do have the Prophet filter in my in box and I have used the same e-mail address for at least 3-4 years for all my shopping companies. Every other Prophet company is able to send me e-mail. When I resubscribe I can see available shops, but then if I go check a couple weeks later I am unsubscribed due to e-mail again. Weird.

MSPA Gold 8/9/2006 MSPA Silver 6/23/2007
Video Shopper Certified 6/9/2011 NV Workcard R-061144. Shopping 50 States, Puerto Rico & Canada.
Go to Top of Page

Randi H
Star Contributor

Orange, Virginia
USA
930 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  12:15:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have always loved this company. The reports are straight forward and the instructions are clear. I have recently had one problem that until now I would of never even known about. I scheduled a shop, went to do it and ran into a problem. I came home got in touch with someone, was told to send a follow up email, which I did and I could redo the shop at a certain later date. However, the person never changed the date, the shops were removed from my log and I call and try to email again. Finally I get an answer many hours later to just reaccept them. I did, but the problem is they are a due a day sooner than I can do them (told not a problem) no one will change the date and it seems to take forever to get an answer from anyone. So while I love the company and have not had an issue until now, I realize if there is a problem it is hard to get help with it.

Randi
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MsJudi
Star Contributor

New Jersey
USA
582 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  1:44:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
About Face is a great company to work with. They have varied and interesting shops and pay reliably.

Judi
Go to Top of Page

AndreaGayle
Star Contributor

MD
USA
350 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  8:35:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I personally am still staying away from About Face for now. Just left a bad taste in my mouth last time I worked for them. Not bad enough to say I will never shop for them again just not interested in the hassle I had.

Andrea Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  9:11:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not worked for About Face in quite some time, simply because of the demographics requirements around here. Last year, I did a lot of new home shops for them and LOVED them. My scheduler, Jennifer, was great and I have always been paid on time as agreed.

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Joan_in_DE

Newark, DE
USA
48 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  9:40:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do hope all is well with About Face. I did my first shop 5/26, received payment 7/3. I love them because their Quality Control Editor, Cheryl wrote:

"Thank you for completing the XXXXXXXXX shop. You earned a shopper score of five out of five.
The report was well written and painted a complete picture of your experience. There was a lot of important information included in the report for the client. It was a pleasure to edit.
Keep up the great work!"

Hey - I'm new, and it breaks my heart there hasn't been another assignment that works with my schedule

Joan_in_DE
Gold kt5fir, Video Certified
Go to Top of Page

BigMikeyP
Star Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
332 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2008 :  7:00:08 PM  Visit BigMikeyP's Homepage  Send BigMikeyP an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm new to AboutFace and have not done any shops so far seems lately in this area (Chicago and NW Indiana) all thats been available are Pet Shop MS...are there not that many shops from them in this area at the present time??

FWIW I'm also with BestMark and have done a few shops for them over the last couple of weeks....

Silver-certified Mystery Shopper covering the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas.
Go to Top of Page

Barbara Fairbanks
Apprentice

Camarillo, CA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2008 :  1:45:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love this company. They pay well and generally on time, although sometimes a bit slower than what they promised. They are completely responsive to problems and more fair than most companies out there if a problem arises. Their "How soon will I get Paid?" inquiry on their website is not alway updated properly, but if you click on "Ask Stevie", you can find out who to email if your payment is not showing in the system, and you get an answer right away. I've had problems several times with a "Target" not assigned at the location where they're supposed to be for new home shops. The scheduler was always immediately responsive and would make every effort to see that I got paid in spite of being unable to complete the shop because the information was incorrect and my target was either no longer there or was never at that location. Anyone on the fence about working for them, I'd say "Go for it, they're great!"

Barbara Fairbanks
Go to Top of Page

Madge Shawver
Star Contributor

PA
USA
299 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2008 :  6:21:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joan_in_DE

I do hope all is well with About Face. I did my first shop 5/26, received payment 7/3. I love them because their Quality Control Editor, Cheryl wrote:

"Thank you for completing the XXXXXXXXX shop. You earned a shopper score of five out of five.
The report was well written and painted a complete picture of your experience. There was a lot of important information included in the report for the client. It was a pleasure to edit.
Keep up the great work!"

Hey - I'm new, and it breaks my heart there hasn't been another assignment that works with my schedule

I JUST got that exact note today for a shop I did...heck I was feeling special, now I find out it's a "canned" note...drats....oh well I got a 5 score.

Madge
Go to Top of Page

Donna in PA

PA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2008 :  6:25:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love the feedback that I get from AboutFace, It was really helpful in my "early" days and very reassuring even now. When I first began MS'ing, an Editor gave me coaching that was very valuable. It's always nice to know when you've done a good job. The extra bonus for good reports is a fair incentive too. I really like them.

Donna in PA
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2008 :  8:24:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I HATE the new shop I did for them. You are required to write an explanation for every single yes, no and N/A. It was long and tedius. Their reports used to be easy; not sure what happened.

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Cilla
Star Contributor

MD
USA
1424 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  06:31:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has this company started doing video shops?

Cilla

Cilla
MSPA Gold Certified 2005
IMSC Certified 2009
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6514 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  10:57:22 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
So, if payment says 9/29/08...when should I look for it? Anyone know?

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

Hollys Working

NC
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  10:11:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just emailed my scheduler on the 36th day (yesterday) and she said they ran into a technical problem and payments are running 2 weeks behind schedule. Today, Heather emailed me to say my payment would actually be today via paypal!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums