Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Couponing Jobs: What are they and what do you do?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marty
Apprentice

Jackson, CA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  01:06:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What does couponing consist of working for merchandising companies? What do you have to do? And what companies hire couponers? I have been doing re-sets but am seeking couponing work.

Carey

Broomfield, CO
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  08:31:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did one couponing job that consisted of standing outside a grocery store for 6 hours for two days, handing out coupons to every customer that entered the store. Not the most stimulating job I've done, but I'm willing to try anything once.
Go to Top of Page

Vonette
Star Contributor

Walla Walla, WA
USA
867 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2003 :  9:41:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marty, I'm not certain from your post what kind of job you are refering to? Did you mean handing out coupons or did you mean putting up coupon dispensers? If you are talking about the dispensers, I do that in a local grocery store. It involves a once-a-month visit to the store to take down and put up coupon dispensers, shelf signs, cart signs, and floor decals. The visit can take several hours to complete depending on the number of items to be installed/removed and the size of the store. I enjoy doing it, but I could see that it would not be for everyone. You have to be able to store large boxes of stuff in your home for a week or more each month. You have to be able to spend a lot of time on your knees installing and removing the floor decals. If you are interested, try looking for a sticker on the coupon dispensers in your local stores to see what company handles them. There may even be an 800 number for the company. Of course, they might contract out the work, but perhaps they can tell you who to apply to.
Go to Top of Page

GeorgiaAnne

Douglasville, GA
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  6:26:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Vonette,

The company you are referring to is News America Marketing. I work for them. You can go to www.newsamerica.com and go to careers and then field positions. They're also listed on Ray's list. There are a couple of threads about them on the forums, or feel free to e-mail me.

Georgia Deakin
Merchandising in Douglasville, Lithia Springs and Powder Springs GA
Go to Top of Page

Vonette
Star Contributor

Walla Walla, WA
USA
867 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  9:09:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually, I do not work for News America. The coupon boxes I install are through Floorgraphics, but they contracted the work out through National Instore. I've noticed that another grocery store in my area has coupon dispensers from Smart Source (I think) so I assume there are several companies that do this. That's why I recommended checking the grocery stores in your local area to see what company the coupon boxes belong to. Of course, whatever company does it may not have any openings near you. But if you apply perhaps something might open up in the future.
Go to Top of Page

Marty
Apprentice

Jackson, CA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2003 :  07:29:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was referring to coupons that are turned in by customers on products. Do merchandising companies hire you to sort them and mail directly to large manufacturers for credit to the individual stores? I had heard through the grapevine that these jobs do exist.
Go to Top of Page

SherryG
Apprentice

Frankston, TX
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2006 :  4:12:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cary I was wondering if you could give me the name of the company you worked for doing the couponing. Thanks

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

SueCats
Apprentice

CO
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  07:25:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm interested in both types of couponing... putting up the instore displays and in passing out coupons. Does anyone have any current information? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Mary A.
Contributor

Rock Falls, Illinois
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  5:08:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have an interveiw on Thursday with News America. I have several questions for my interviewer before I decide to take this job. I would be interested in the other coupon job if anyone has info on this it would be greatly appreciated.
Mary

Mary A.
Shopping northwest Illinois
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2012 :  5:53:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There pay is very low.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
256 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2012 :  7:28:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If it is combined with a Demo, pay can vary by company, event, and location....as well as who the client is. Samples and coupons are easy to do IMO>
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums