My Paypal account was hacked today
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marta Tarnowska
Contributor

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  09:47:32 AM  Visit Marta Tarnowska's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to say that my Paypal account was hacked today. I have no idea how it happened and I just wanted to tell you that. Someone charged on my account $250! I just want everyone to stay very careful.

Regards,
Marta

Coffee and Mystery Shopping.... Couldn't live without them!
Marta

SJones
Star Contributor

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  10:29:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Interesting. When I logged in earlier, I was unable to view my recent activity due to some maintenance being performed. I hope you will be able to straighten out everything quickly.

Susanne
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

Dar-L
Star Contributor

USA
1031 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  09:14:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get tons of "phishing" emails about my PayPal account. Is it possible that you once fell prey to one of these?

Sorry to hear of your problem.
Go to Top of Page

Marta Tarnowska
Contributor

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  12:12:49 PM  Visit Marta Tarnowska's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well I actually found out someone sent out a spoof email but I thought it was really from paypal. It said I was charged $250 and that to cancel the payment click here (it looked just like the paypal proof of payment) I put in my user name and password and continued. I soon put in some info but then I remered last time I didn't have to put in details. So I stopped and went to the Real paypal website and it said that nobody charged me in all of my transactions area. (you can't file transactions here) So I just didn't fill in info on the fake website anymore. (they were asking for last four digits of social security number and bank info but I never submitted any important info just my name and I put in my password and username but I changed it immediatly). So That's my Paypal story!

Coffee and Mystery Shopping.... Couldn't live without them!
Marta
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  11:03:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One should look before they leap. Sorry for your troubles.
Go to Top of Page

ShawnaL
Star Contributor

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  5:32:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marta, now they have your Paypal information (username and password), if I were you I'd change my password asap or your account will really be hacked!!!

Shawna
Go to Top of Page

KathyDavis
Apprentice

OK
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2006 :  1:44:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
an easy way to tell if these pay pal emails are fraudlent is to not click but let your cursor arrow touch the link in the email then while doing this read the address in the left bottom of your screen window if it reads different than the link it is probably a fraud I don't ever click the links I go to my favorites folder and go to paypal.com .
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  06:22:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I get spoof emails quite often from places pretending to be Paypal. I just forward the emails to spoof@paypal.com . They will reply to confirm it is not from them. If anyone ever did reply to one of these, I am sure they would have enough info to get into your Paypal.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping the Houston, TX area.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums