Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

JennyK22

Marietta, GA
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2006 :  03:37:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever heard of Atlantic Coast Merchandising? I had a co-worker that said they just hired her on for several resets (don't know what they are resetting) for her area. She is in the metro Atlanta area. I looked on Volition's list of companies, and NARMS, as well as performed a search online, but to no avail. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Jenny

SharonQ
Star Contributor

Ocala, FL
USA
876 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2006 :  06:35:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How did your friend become involved with them?
My guess is that this company got her name from the NARMS website, and they may not have a website.
I'm certain that they will have their contact information on the paperwork. Just ask your friend for it.

Call me crazy, but I LOVE resets!
Yes, even cosmetic resets.
Go to Top of Page

.Susan 1234
Inactive

MD
USA
71 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  11:30:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just saw a job postin on Shadow Shoppper with this company.
Go to Top of Page

Matthew
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2009 :  11:34:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There website is www.ACMerchandising.net

All of my experiences with Atlantic Coast Merchandising over the past 3-4 years have been positive. Their management team is easy to reach, have great resources to assist merchandisers with their tasks & pay on-time.

Cordially,

Matthew
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
745 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  3:58:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are advertising in my area.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
552 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  3:15:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I went on the website but there wasn't a place to put in an application so i'm thinking you have to wait and find one on one of the sites like NARMS.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
493 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2010 :  07:55:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any recent feedback? They have an ad on narms for our area doing resets. TIA

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Kamy777
Contributor

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2011 :  11:43:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does this company hire as employee or IC? Do they have a lot of work going on? They are advertising for reset work in my area, and wondered if anyone knew what type work they had going on right now. Any recent feedback would be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Bert M
Contributor

Sharpsburg, MD
USA
75 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2011 :  08:19:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any body out there actually work for them? I received an email from them with a "employment contract" that was lower than their advertised rate of pay, and all the ways you could forfeit getting the contracted rate. Needless to say, did not sign it or send it back, if it is a binding agreement, there should not be incorrectly spelled words and poor grammar.

Roberta
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
493 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2011 :  12:44:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hubby applied a few weeks ago, have'nt heard from them yet.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Bert M
Contributor

Sharpsburg, MD
USA
75 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2011 :  2:54:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mindy- The ad states 11-12 an hour. The preprinted contract is for 10.50, which gets bumped down to 8 if the lead merchandiser has any complaints w/ your performance. Like if you don't clock in from the store phone on time, 8 an hour for the whole 8 hours. Now can you imagine 10-15 people al vying for a free store phone to log in on? All seems a bit vague. So that means a job advertised at 12 an hour will probably only pay 8 an hour most of the time. And after, what I thought was a pretty good phone interview, I had very specific questions that the interviewer skirted.

Roberta
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
493 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2011 :  5:43:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Bert M, sounds like a PITA considering if you don't perform to "team leads" satisfaction you lose out? not really for us, we have a policy of getting our work done and being "paid as promised", so if "team lead's pay" is based on saving money and making them look good you lose pay.
Well we'll see if they contact us, with the amount of work being "offered" to us they'll run out of names soon (offers are sent to a bunch of folks)
If they contact us we'll see what they say, if it's not good then we just say NO.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  1:30:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks to this thread, I will probably pass on this company too.

LOL. BTW, did anyone see the picture of the "president" of the company on this page...

http://acmerchandising.net/contact_us.html

He looks like a mean dude. Looks like a mugshot more than a photo a president should be posting on his company's website. Lots of small copmanies out there that crack me up. I mean, they way they protray themselves. It's very unprofessional and silly a lot of the time.

Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
493 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  3:09:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We got an E-mail on Thurs. morning to work a Hallmark reset in a WallyWorld at 9:00 P.M. that night for $12 an hour...nah, we don't do WallyWorld nor do we work nights, besides we were in Vegas working a project that paid a lot better.

Why these people wait for the last minue to panic is beyond us!!! They have all our info (sent to them twice) and they had to look on narms???? SHEESH!!

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
675 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  3:27:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a few of these Hallmark jobs in WM. They were great. But it that was only because the lead was an awesome lead. I don't mind working in WM at night with a team. I just don't like doing solo work there. Working as a team, I don't have to deal with manager and personnel. The lead does.

But the last one I did was severely over-staffed with fill-ins from many companies (I was one of them). One person showed up 3 hours into the set. He was from Atlantic Coast. He said they called him late and told him that he was needed last minute as we were under-staffed. But the truth is, without him, we were already over-staffed. I think what it boils down to is that this company (Atlantic Coast) is greatly unorganized. This is not the first time I worked a reset and they sent people in hours after the job already started and not really needed.

I think, from what I see and hear and read, this company is largely one to stay away from. Among other things already stated, you run the risk of showing up at a job late and unneeded and might be sent home and probably with little to no compensation from Atlantic Coast (just a possibility, I don't know what their policy is on this matter).
Go to Top of Page

MarkFL
Valued Contributor

FL
USA
145 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  11:44:30 AM  Visit MarkFL's Homepage  Send MarkFL an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
What a disappointment this company is. I received a phone call late yesterday and needed a last minute position filled for a 2 day reset to start this morning at 6:00AM.
I accepted. I was told to be prepared to receive two emails. One would be the New hire packet and the other would be the job description packet as well as a job number, which I would need in order to start and give to a Crossmark team leader.
I went to a minor league ball game (my team lost) and continued to check my mail on my smart phone. After still not receiving anything, I called home and had the wife check the home phone, which is what they called and call her back. The very nice lady said she was backed up and would send out the new hire right away and the second would soon follow. Yep, the second never came.
I was looking forward to starting another relationship with a company new to me.

Mark
MSPA Gold Shopper and Professional Merchandiser.
Go to Top of Page

IntegrityKelly
Valued Contributor

Pacific, MO
USA
102 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  09:36:19 AM  Visit IntegrityKelly's Homepage  Send IntegrityKelly an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
As recent as yesterday, I had an independent contractor contact me because they had seen my postings warning folks about fraud and scams on our Facebook Group, Market Research Pros, so the contractor emailed me for help.

The contractor states that work was completed a month ago and that no payment has been received, though the company advertises that they pay biweekly. The contractor also tells me that after reaching out to the primary contact person over at the company, the contractor was told that this person no longer works there.

I reached out to the company President by phone yesterday to attempt to help bridge any gap between this contractor and the company but have not had my call returned as of yet. If this is a simple error that can sometimes happen when companies go through staffing changes, it should be easily resolved, but I must say that feedback available so far is disconcerting.

I'll reserve my opinion on this for now, but I do stress that there are many, many legitimate companies out there to choose from, and encourage folks to continue leaving feedback and doing their research.

Kelly Truelove, CEO
Integrity Consultants
FB: http://www.facebook.com/Integrity.Consultants/
Go to Top of Page

IntegrityKelly
Valued Contributor

Pacific, MO
USA
102 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  10:18:36 AM  Visit IntegrityKelly's Homepage  Send IntegrityKelly an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
After posting this, I reached out again to the company President who did call me back. It appears that the incident I was contacted about may just be a matter of information not getting passed along through the course of a staff change. I've put the company President in touch with the contractor so they can get it sorted out.

Staff changes can be really hard on companies, even those that are planned and not abrupt, so I understand completely if that's the case and would think contractors would be patient with them during such a transition as long as the company notifies them about the delay.

Shoppers are reporting in our FB group that they, too, are not being paid biweekly as advertised, so I would advise contractors to clarify this with the company. If there has been a policy change, or if it's really not a 2 week turn-around, then perhaps the company can update their documentation to avoid further confusion.

Best wishes to you all.

Kelly Truelove, CEO
Integrity Consultants
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
493 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  12:34:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
InterityKelly that was very thoughtful of you take the initiative and try to help the "IC" having issues with pay, we are very sure they are greatfull for the help, being able to contact the president of a company is sometimes information not available to us ICs/merchandisers/MSrs.

We sometimes get end up not getting paid for our labor by umscrupulous companies or get "lost in the cracks" by others.

Our hats off to you for the intervention, hopefully things will get resolved.

Mindy & HubbyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

IntegrityKelly
Valued Contributor

Pacific, MO
USA
102 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  11:22:58 AM  Visit IntegrityKelly's Homepage  Send IntegrityKelly an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Honestly, Mindy, I'm happy to do it. Having worked on all sides of this industry, I know very well the challenges all parties face, and I'd like to think that an extra helping hand now and again can go a long way to resolve issues before they become a real problem. I'm frequently contacted with issues like these, and I don't mind at all. If I can help, I will.

You're right that company owners are in a unique position to reach out to other company owners, but even as a shopper I contacted companies if I had a real problem or issue that needed resolution, and I would advise all shoppers to do the same. I've sent faxes, called schedulers, sent registered letters and emails, called company contacts listed on websites, used website "contact us" forms, whatever I needed to do to get the information I needed. In most cases it's just a gap in communication or simple human error. The answer in these situations is not to threaten, curse, or get excited. If you remain professional and consistent, it should be a rare occurrence when you reach the "time to not be nice" point.

It actually taught me good preparation skills as a shopper, to have payment schedules, contact details, etc. before doing a job, and as a provider, I use that knowledge and experience to make detailed client requirements briefs, and clear, easily understood instructions and report forms. That way everyone has a more positive and user-friendly experience. I'm a big believer in an ounce of prevention, and I think it makes much more sense to have clear "What to do if" instructions than to have people scrambling or anxious when something unexpected does happen.

Thanks again for your post. I really do appreciate it.

Kelly Truelove, CEO
Integrity Consultants
Go to Top of Page

KrisInLuck
Contributor

Luck, WI
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  08:20:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Interesting contract. They had a notice on NARMS that they "urgently" needed people to cover in two of the towns I work in regularly, so I sent an email. Quick response from the recruiter, but the contract is a little intense.
I have a regular route of stores that I service twice a week with another merchandising company. I just highlighted and starred the item that says I can't work for their competition, and highlighted a note below that states I advised the recruiter via email that I have that job. I received no response from her on that, but she did send me the link to the work that needs to be done so I figure I'm good to go.

I'll give them a try, but I only take one burn to learn to stay away from a fire. I hope it goes well. It's only a half day job, and not a regular gig, so maybe it's fine.

Kris...in Luck, WI
Merchandising in West Central WI and East Central MN
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums