Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 How Do You Find Cosmetic Merchandising Work?
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

KWoodill

Akron, OH
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  4:28:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me how to get a cosmetic merchandising job. Most of the companies must farm out their jobs to a 3rd party merch. cpompany since I never can find job listings for merchandisers on the actual company web page. Thanks.

Kristi, Merchandising the Northeast Ohio area

MBailey
Star Contributor

Barksdale AFB, Louisiana
USA
267 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2003 :  8:07:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Premium Retail and National Retail both do work with cosmetics companies.

Melanie

Go to Top of Page

ReneeWabs

Marietta, Georgia
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  06:10:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MCA, P&G and Certified Reports also do cosmetic resets. I also heard that Spar does this type of work.[:p]

Renee
Go to Top of Page

Hannah
Apprentice

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2003 :  4:23:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work directly for a cosmetics company as a merchandiser. I found the job through the classifieds.
Go to Top of Page

Allyson Goldjay
Star Contributor

Elkton, MD
USA
426 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  06:04:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for Premium Retail Services and have been offered cosmetic re-sets there. I have never accepted any though as they have not been in my area. I also know that Certified Reports does them. I have done one or two for them. They are a self assign site so you can go there and check out what you want or not. They also have a variety of other jobs also.

Allyson

MSPA GOLD CERTIFIED--Washington DC 2003
Go to Top of Page

MeaFett

Indiana
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  1:17:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
P&G does do cosmetic resets, however, they use their own people to do the sets. It's the same for almost all of their merchandising activities these days.
Go to Top of Page

CarokinWade
Trainee

Simpsonville, SC
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2003 :  11:14:17 AM  Send CarokinWade an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was a rep for Revlon. Someone who worked for them told me about the job and helped me get it. I am just getting back into merch work after several years at home with my kids. I know around my area it was easier to get cosmetic jobs if you knew some one or even meet a rep in a store. It seems to be a word of mouth thing. I can tell you this I thought cosmetic resets were really tedious and time consumming. You could try getting the DM's name and info from the vendor sign in sheets then send a resume.
Good Luck
Caroline Wade

Caroline Wade
Merchandiser
Upstate south Carolina
Go to Top of Page

JennyK22

Marietta, GA
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2005 :  10:52:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I would like to gear up this "long ago" thread. I'm wondering if anyone has any information for merchandising companies that do cosmetic resets (since the season is upon us for going to the fall sets). I know about SPAR (I will not work for them again), and I know Greet America has just finished their first merchandising project with Dollar General cosmetic resets, but what about other companies and/or retailers/stores, etc. that do these? Does anyone have any feedback? I love cosmetic resets - crazy, huh?
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
992 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  08:22:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I dont know if this will help you any, but I worked for this company a couple of years ago. I dont have an email address, but possibly you can find some info on the net. Company name is: Amerisource corp Rita Ann Distributors. Baltimore, Maryland
When I worked for the company I worked in grocery stores,ordering and resets. Good luck, hope this helps you a little.

Judy
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
Valued Contributor

Terre Haute, IN
USA
191 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  2:25:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My parents merchandise and have done them in the past for MCA. I'm not sure how recently it's been though.

Marcy ~ mystery shopper in western Indiana.
MSPA Silver Shopper certified #ijjaaf
Go to Top of Page

Sheri_MI
Contributor

Bay City, MI
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  2:38:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You can check Certified Marketing/Certified Reports. They are currently assigning (self-assigning) Dollar General stores for a cosmetic project. Also check with Premium Retail Services.
Go to Top of Page

MarionR
Star Contributor

Delaware County, PA
USA
345 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  4:23:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here are 2 companies that I know that have cosmetics accounts. Cheney Retail Services and BMK from Texas. They service grocery stores with cosmetics and also do resets.
Go to Top of Page

SusieQ

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  5:44:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amerisource corp Rita Ann Distributors. Baltimore, Maryland

This company was bought out by BMK

As far as I know, in my area, BMK has their own merchandising service. There has been listing on NARMS for merchandisers within the past month or so.

Cheney does not do the resets or servicing for that account anymore.

Certified reports, Premium Retail, MCA and Cstar all do resets, but usually with one brand - like Jane, Bonne Bell, Wet and Wild, etc It would be project work and normally take half a day or less.

P&G has their own team of merchandisers and they service certain stores as well as do resets

Mosaic also has a brand new division which services cosmetics. I have seen ads on NARMS for this as well.

HTH!

Sue
Go to Top of Page

MarionR
Star Contributor

Delaware County, PA
USA
345 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2005 :  9:16:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cheney does resets for all of the stores that they service.
Go to Top of Page

SusieQ

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2005 :  09:46:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do apologize then Marion. In my area, they are no longer servicing the food stores, therefore there were no resets.

Sue

Go to Top of Page

EllenR
Trainee

NC
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  11:38:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just an FYI .. I've been doing cosmetic resets for Crossmark and working with BMK employees. BMK is out of business as of 8-12-05.
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2086 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2005 :  8:28:41 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Channelsource merged with Mosiac, and took their cosmetic clients with them. They have a couple huge cosmetic lines at wal-mart.

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

HeatherShops
Star Contributor

Lake Placid, NY
USA
277 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  11:07:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MCA does a lot and so does Premium now. Premium is the greatest!!
Go to Top of Page

JennyT.OH
Valued Contributor

OH
USA
119 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  11:16:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Coty still uses their own merchandisers in my area.

Always looking for great companies to work for in the SW OH, SE IN and Northern KY areas!
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2007 :  9:08:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does any one have any ideas to share on cosmetic re-set What would be the easiest way to complete a 4' section with alot of shelves holding finger nail polishs, lip sicks, eye shadows...ect.

I would think to remore a section of a 1'-2' down to 2' and place the new product, then move down a section a time removing another section and placing the new product.....

The last cosmetic reset I did was really a revision re-set, where only some of the section was removed and relocated to another section and made room for new items (cut-in). Some plan-o-grams are not for a complete reset.

Any ideas or share your method of completeing one, please.
Mary

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1126 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2010 :  6:23:49 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
SASR has such a category in your profile for you tell them that you desire that speciality. You'd have to login there to see if anything is available in your service area.

Added Information: Convergence Marketing has had cosmetic manufacturing clients in 2010 and advertised again in 2011 for cosmetic reset reps.

SPAR has advertised for cosmetic reset reps in 2011.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums