Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

KaySFbay
Star Contributor

Redwood City, California
USA
316 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2005 :  2:58:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Two thumbs way, way up. The reporting is straightforward, they don't try to trick you with complex forms and vaguely-worded questions, and I've never had to submit a receipt yet.

I've done a bunch of shops for them recently.

Kay
Go to Top of Page

ICourland
Contributor

New York, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  07:37:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Their forms are straighforward without tedious and redundant questions. Q4B pays quickly and the staff is courteous and timely about emails. I often do their shops when I have other shops scheduled that are non-food. They have been sending me to better quality fast food places than other shopping companies have available, and I wish they had more assignments for me. If you do work for them, bon appetit!

Ilene
I no longer shop. Stop spamming me with your shops!
Go to Top of Page

FergusonKka
Valued Contributor

NY
USA
140 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  6:56:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Courteous, quick and polite. Chuck the owner/manager even occasionally emails you too. Reasonable pay and forms are reasonable. Not hard to remain a 'mystery' to them. Highly recommended.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

LindJorg
Star Contributor

Tacoma, WA
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  7:00:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Love this company!!!

Linda
Go to Top of Page

.DonnaMorehouse in CA
Inactive

Sacramento, CA
USA
287 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2005 :  9:17:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love their shops in my area and when I travel I try to pick up shops that are in that area. The forms are straightforward and easy to understand. The shops are great. Charles is courteous and pleasant and answers all my questions. They pay on time. What else is there to say. They are one of my favorite companies right now.
Go to Top of Page

Ang Harris
Valued Contributor

Maryland
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2005 :  05:30:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have always enjoyed working for this company. However, lately I have been receiving 15-20 emails a day from them.
Go to Top of Page

LauraB
Star Contributor

Frederick, MD
USA
921 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2005 :  06:51:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Me too, Ang. Wonder what is up with that? It seems they send an email for each individual job, rather than for each wave of jobs.

MSPA Gold Certified #4xgoix
Go to Top of Page

Barbara N.CA
Star Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
2397 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2005 :  08:21:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My guess is each Prophet posting generates an email, and, for whatever reason, the shops are posted one by one.

Barbara
MSPA Gold Shopper since June, 2003.
MSPA 2005 "Go To" Shopper
Go to Top of Page

VickiC
Star Contributor

Placentia, CA
USA
455 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2005 :  5:28:31 PM  Send VickiC an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I came back from vacation today and had 150 emails from QFB in my mailbox. I was only gone 6 days! I apreciate being notified that new shops are up... but maybe not quite so much?

Shopping North Orange County, Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

CarolynRosell
Star Contributor

Vineland, NJ
USA
1417 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  09:01:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is there any way to see completed shops and check for payment?
Also, do they grade the shops?

I shop Vineland, Deptford, Mays Landing and Atlantic City, NJ
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

VickiC
Star Contributor

Placentia, CA
USA
455 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  09:17:00 AM  Send VickiC an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CarolynRosell

Is there any way to see completed shops and check for payment?
Also, do they grade the shops?

No. Prophet does not offer those options. It is a good idea to keep your verification code that you get when you submit a shop but I have NEVER, in 7 years of doing many shops for them, not been paid in a timely manner, had a shop disputed, or had them not receive a shop.

Shopping North Orange County, Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Gayle

HI
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  09:26:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did a shop for this company while I was on vacation. The assignment was easy and straightforward. I enjoyed it. Since I just recently finished I still have to wait for my payment. I'll post again when I receive it.

Gayle
Gold Certified
Shopping Hawaii and Central Texas
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShops
Star Contributor

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
380 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  8:42:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done quite a few shops for Quest for Best, but I have a question. They have you select a day and a time you will complete your shops (at least the ones I've done.) Do you have to stick strictly to the time you have chosen? Just wondering.

MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping Middle TN & Beyond
Someday my Spa Shop will come!
Go to Top of Page

JustJoan
Contributor

New York, NY
USA
94 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  10:07:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Donna,

Not only do you NOT have to stick to the chosen time, they are one of the few companies that allows you to change the date to another within a given range.

Joan

MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping NYC since 2001
Go to Top of Page

Roswitha
Star Contributor

Pinellas Park, FL
USA
445 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  05:16:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Joan, oh, really - how do you do that? I had a shop recently where I would have liked to have been able to do it a day earlier (that was still in their time frame) because I got another shop practically next door.
Since it wasn't too far and not a problem per se I did it on the assigned day anyway which made it an orphaned shop for me.
But for the future - how do you change a date if you really need to and it is still within their shop timeframe?

Roswitha
MSPA Gold Shopping sunny Florida Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Largo .....
Go to Top of Page

Janice-NoVA
Star Contributor

Reston, Virginia
USA
300 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  05:27:17 AM  Send Janice-NoVA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
For some of their shops you do have to be within a specified time range, i.e. breakfast shop,lunch or dinner. Some of the others they do require a time such as after 4 PM. That is one of the reasons for entering the time you plan to do the shop so you will know if it falls within the required range.
This is an excellent company that pays regularly and also lets you easily change the date.
Janice Porter

Janice Porter
Shops Northern Virginia, Maryland and DC
Gold Certified June 2003
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShops
Star Contributor

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
380 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  07:06:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Almost all their shops here are ff, but with a place I like. You have to choose a specific date and time when you sign up. What if I'm early or late (5-10 minutes) but it still falls within the designated meal period to be shopped? (Let's say it's a lunch shop and has to be done between 10:30 and 2:00 PM. I chose 11:15 AM, but got there at 11:07 AM. Do I have to drive around the block or wait to go in until 11:15 in order for my shop to be accepted?) And if I can change the date or time, how do I contact them? Do I have to contact them first before I can shop 5 minutes early or late, as long as it falls within the shop timeframe? If anyone can help with this, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

JustJoan
Contributor

New York, NY
USA
94 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  3:08:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
QFB uses the Prophet website. Once a job is chosen, it appears in your to-do list. If you click on the job, a list of options appears. One of which is, "re-schedule this shop". By clicking on that option you have the choice of changing the time and/or the date.

If this option is not appearing for your jobs, it's possible that the particular client you're doing the job for doesn't allow date or time changes.

So, you probably need to talk to your scheduler to find out the answer to your original question about whether or not you need to stick to the scheduled time.

MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping NYC since 2001
Go to Top of Page

DonnaShops
Star Contributor

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
380 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  5:16:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Joan! I didn't know that about the Prophet website. Next time I have a job with them I'll check that out.

MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

S Wollenberg
Contributor

Texas
USA
58 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  07:47:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As far as the time of day that I select I will shop, I put an estimate, usually around 11am. For the many jobs that I have done for this company, the time that I actually shopped was somewhere between 9am and 2pm.

I don't think the time of day issue is as exact-ing as you seem to be concerned about, as long as you shop within the required timeframe.

Also, I have occasionally re-scheduled my shopping date with no problems whatsoever.

I like their scheduling system; it's pretty flexibile.

Susan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums