Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 42

Michael P
Star Contributor

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  9:03:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thread formerly titled: "Olympic Coke Promotion.. What is it really worth?"Changed "Subject" to make subject more current. Michael P. May 26, 2007
http://www.olympics.coke.com/home.do

Ends march 15th.
This is what the Coke promotion is worth to everyone who participates

There were 84 events. 252 total medals (Gold, Silver, Bronze)
awarded. Team USA won 25 total medals.

That information can be used to determine the following:

The law of probability indicates that everyone who request courtesy
codes and enters them online should (on average) win 5 two-liter
bottles approximately once for every 10 codes entered. (1 winner per
10 codes = 10%, same as the approximate percentage of medals USA won.)

The coupon has an ARV of $7.45.

Every code requested and entered has an expectation (That is how much
the code is 'worth' in expectation) of about 75 cents in the long run.
The more you participate, and the more codes you enter, the closer to
this number you can expect to 'earn'.

It take me less than 4 minutes per day to login in and request 3
codes. It takes me less than 5 minutes to return to the site, login,
and enter the 3 codes once I receive them via email.

Total 9 minutes maximum (for 3 codes per day), or less than 3 minutes
per code entered. (My daily time spent is about half of this since I
now have it down to a science.)

9 minutes x 10 days = 90 minutes, and 30 codes. 10% 'winners' = 3 @
ARV 7.45 = $22.35

These calculations translates to over 14.90 ARV per hour, on average,
for visiting the site to obtain and enter codes. Definitely not a bad
result for 'idle' or recreational time spent. :)

* (My calculations are not mathmatically exact, but should be close enough for the readers in this forum.)

Please remember that this is still a random process, luck is involved, and some people will be lucky, winning more than they should expect, and others may not win anything after many entries.

I've 'won' 60 bottles in 18 days. That's more than twice what probability indicates I should have, and although I will continue to enter daily until the promotion ends on March 15th, I do not expect to 'win' more bottles. But I may get lucky. :)

The more you enter, the closer you should come to achieving the
results shown above.

This is just too good. Thanks Coke!

Michael P

RodCalifornia
Valued Contributor

Ceres, CA
USA
160 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  11:56:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ok i did this requested the 3 free codes allowed daily entered them and on each code i won 5 2liters of coke so a total of 15 2liter this this is a great freebie THANKS i cant wait to do it again tomorrow and see what i might win LOL coupons for free 2 liters will be mailed AFTER promotion ends.

I LOVE Free Stuff !
Go to Top of Page

DanyaleSN
Star Contributor

Clinton, NC
USA
288 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  12:17:04 AM  Visit DanyaleSN's Homepage  Send DanyaleSN an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
does anybody have the codes though cuz if not this freebie is worthless cuz i hate coke....

Danyale
Go to Top of Page

Michael P
Star Contributor

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  01:11:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DanyaleSN

does anybody have the codes though cuz if not this freebie is worthless cuz i hate coke....
On the website, after your log in, if you click on "Where's Your Code", it will take you to a page to request free codes. You are allowed 3 per day. You will need to go back to that page to request each one.

After you receive your code in email, you need to enter that code from your email on the site.

it's 15 digits. The emailed code has 2 spaces in it, so it can not be cut and pasted unless you do it in sections.

HTH

Michael P
Go to Top of Page

Michael P
Star Contributor

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  02:04:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For those of you who have been regularly visiting the Olympic Coke promotion, and have accumulated some coupons, "FREE Coke Life" just keeps getting better and better.

Coca Cola has announced:
"Coke Rewards Loyal Consumers"
http://www.mycokerewards.com/

Your registration from the olympic medals site works. Use it to login.

When I get my coupons for the olympics promotion, I will use them for product marked with the Coke Rewards logo. Yes, my FREE two liter bottles will give me Coke Reward points.

Two liter bottles are worth 3 points each.

There are a lot of cool rewards, starting at 6 points to upwards of 20000, which can be purchased with the points. 10 points will buy a coupon good for 1 two liter bottle.

I've 'won' 12 coupons so far in the Olympic Medals promotion.

Here is where things gets a little tricky, but I know it's worth the read:

The 60 2-liter bottles of coke those 12 coupons buy will be worth 180 points. Those 180 points could be used for 18 more bottles which will include another 54 points. Those 54 points represent 5 more bottles, and, of course, another 15 points, worth one more bottle with 9 points left over in my account. That's a total of 85 FREE two-liter bottles.

Pretty good so far, but it gets better!

Now, if I wait for a buy one get one free sale, I think that would total 171 FREE two liter bottles with 8 points leftover in the account.

But, Keep reading, because I'm not done yet, and it may still get even better than it already is. :)

I've had another thought, but first I have a question. OK, 3 questions. I'm winging this here, so bear with me. :)

I wonder if the grocery stores that double coupons will give you double on an item when you have a coupon for the FREE item. (In this instance, 5 bottles would get 10 with doubling.)

Do they do that? Does anyone know? Is it allowed?

If so, than this would total another 172 2-liter bottles of Coke, for a grand total of 414 two liter bottles. Give or take a few.

But, I'm not done yet. My brain seems to be in overdrive tonight which means this could still get better!

I know some states have deposit refunds on bottles. Florida does not. I saw it on Seinfeld, so I know it's true. LOL.

I think the 'deposit' refund is 5 cents.

All I have to do is save those 400 or so empty bottles, take them to one of those states, and Voila! It won't take more than maybe 4 years to drink all that cola, if I consume about 2 bottles per week.

Thats an additional easy $20.00 free money. It could double, or even more if deposits are more than 5 cents each.

Summary: 414 FREE two-liter bottles of Coke Product. $20.00 (or more) Free money IF I choose to save and refund the bottles. Time spent getting the freebies: About 2 hours spread out over about a month.

This is probably the world's best freebie when put into proper perspective. :)

Of course, individual results may vary. :)

Michael P
::: sigh ...if only the automakers would make a hybrid car that ran on Coke .... :::

Michael P
Go to Top of Page

CarmenG

Lexington, KY
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  1:09:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been drinking Coke like crazy and not once did I pull a code off of the package. I have seen the ad for the promotion, but just ignored it. How stupid of me! At least I won off of a free code today.

Carmen
Go to Top of Page

HeatherLynn
Star Contributor

Lynn, MA
USA
1881 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  1:24:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
well i will have to check my packages for codes now. but i got one code sent to me and i entered it and won 5 2-liters! i asked for another code to be sent to me but it takes awhile before i receive it in my email for some reason.
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  8:33:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Its easier just to request the codes from their site.

In the 11 days my wife and I have been playing it, she has won 75 bottles and I have won 65 bottles. So 140 bottles for little or no time spent. As the OP pointed out not a bad return for the time spent and I guess we were a bit luckier than the OP.

That loyal customer program is new to me, it sounds intriguing.
Go to Top of Page

FranS
Star Contributor

Estero, FL
USA
461 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  3:23:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What site do you go to and how do you request free codes from Coke? I cannot figure out where that link is.

FranS
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

FranS
Star Contributor

Estero, FL
USA
461 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  3:35:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OK so I found where to get the free codes. Now, how do you redeem the Coke? Are there coupons? Do they mail these to you - what? Very confusing web site. Or maybe I am tired. PLease help!

FranS
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

ChrisT
Star Contributor

USA
1513 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  3:36:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's not a big deal for them to give out so much for free: (a) soda is CHEAP (the can costs more the the drink inside!), (b) it's a great way to get people addicted to it, and then a lifelong (paid) user.

Anyone else have to enter a security code several times? I know I entered it correctly, but it says I didn't. Soooooooooooooo annoying!

ChrisT
Deliriously Happy Shopping Uncertifiable
Go to Top of Page

Theresa in MI
Contributor

Roscommon, MI
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  5:05:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
First - The stores I shop in will NOT give you 2 free items when they double a "free" coupon.

Second - When you live in a state that has a depostit, there are codes on each can. If you use a machine to return your cans (as you do in most stores) if there is no code, it will be spat back out at you. Many places also have a limit on how many cans can be returned at one time.
Returning cans from Florida at a Michigan store (where you get 10 cents per can) is illegal.

I think you've had too much caffine!! LOL

Silver Certified wfrxlk, Shopping Northern Michigan
Sunlark Researcher Manager
Go to Top of Page

BCheatam
Star Contributor

IN
USA
290 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  8:31:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How do you get the coupons? I won one out of the three days I have been playing and it said something about email. Is that how I get the coupon. And the one code I won on was from a carton I had bought, not a free code.

Silver Certified Mystery Shopper & Auditor in Central and Southern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page

RodCalifornia
Valued Contributor

Ceres, CA
USA
160 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  11:52:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
you will get the free 2 liter coupons in the mail NOT EMAIL when promotion is OVER march 15th - I have won 45 2liter bottles this week from the free codes.

I LOVE Free Stuff !
Go to Top of Page

JMagnus
Valued Contributor

Rockford, IL
USA
121 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  02:36:24 AM  Send JMagnus an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
A couple questions.

1. Do you think odds are any better on the codes from cases that you buy(i know it says purchase wont increase your chances of winning but thats not always true)

2. Since i'm in college i have my dorm address and i have my address back home. Do you think they would catch on if i used different email addreses and registered for each house(please dont get on my back about this not being morally right and cheating the company. if they can give away 150 bottles to one person i dont think they would mind giving a couple more to me. plus, tuition is going up and im poor. i want coke)

Josh
Go to Top of Page

Plummer925
Valued Contributor

Newcastle, Maine
USA
206 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  05:42:52 AM  Visit Plummer925's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
For the new Coke Rewards program:

Codes from 20 oz participating Coca-Cola products = 3 points

I wonder if that means that the 2-liter bottles will not have points????

~Crystal~
Go to Top of Page

LisaW

Cary, IL
USA
43 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  2:07:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your post. I didn't pay attention to this game before it. I just pulled 3 empty cases out of my recycling bin and one gave me 5 free 2liter bottles! I have requested codes for tomorrow too!

Free Stuff Rocks ;)!
Go to Top of Page

HeatherLynn
Star Contributor

Lynn, MA
USA
1881 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  10:17:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
i wish i knew about this promotion earlier. i drink a lot of diet coke and can't even tell you how many packages i probably threw away. i still had one and entered that code and got nothing but i have been requesting the codes every day and won another 5 today so now i am up to 10.
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  10:37:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The new codes will only be on the 20 oz bottles.
Go to Top of Page

CarmenG

Lexington, KY
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  10:46:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
According to the rules on the website.......

Enrollees will collect points for each specially-marked product purchased and recorded on the Website during the Collection Period as follows:

12 Pack, 12 oz. cans (Fridge Pack) 10 points
20 oz. bottle 3 points
2 liter bottle 3 points
1 liter bottle 3 points
1.5 liter bottle 3 points
3 liter bottle 3 points

I have been looking for these new marked packages, but haven't seen them yet.

Carmen
Go to Top of Page

RodCalifornia
Valued Contributor

Ceres, CA
USA
160 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  10:20:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
TOTAL 2-LITERs WON SO FAR IS 50 Not bad for a few minutes of time and still over a month to go I have no idea what I am going to do with all this soda I am winning. They must be giving away a billion bottles since it doesnt seem very hard to get a winning code from coke.

I LOVE Free Stuff !
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 42 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums