Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 42

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  09:21:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, Molly...I will sure try again to get the plastic off, because, I have been unable to determine the code for that bottle, so far. I have entered a couple that I "thought" might be correct, but, were not.

When I tried to pull the plastic up, it would not come up! So, I tried to scrape it off, and, the code appeared to be printed on top of the plastic!

I will spend some time on that one...may not amount to a 3-point victory, but, I will get the plastic out somehow!

Go to Top of Page

Kelly130
Star Contributor

Tennessee
USA
1929 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  09:46:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Clare some of the codes I've received have been wrong, and I KNEW what I was looking at, send coke an email when you are pretty sure of the code, they do investigate, and award points.

Kelly
Exchanges Rock! Let's Do Another
Go to Top of Page

NKYCin
Contributor

KY
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  2:22:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just an FYI to some, we have Kroger here in Northern Kentucky and I went to pick up 5 of my free liters over the weekend and received coupons with my receipt. THe coupons gave more codes for points, so the point value was doubled. I got 6 pts. per 2 Liter bottle instead of 3!
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  2:44:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I tried everything and couldn't get the code right, until I gave it to my 14 y/o and got it on the first shot. It definitely helps to have someone young read it to you.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  6:42:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm glad I am not the only one who thought they had bad eyes. Bright light and a magnifying glass seems to work for me. The blurred ones are another matter. It's usually just one row so I plug in what I think the letter or number is. I have only needed Coke's assistance once, with one I couldnt decipher, but they handled the problem very quickly.
Go to Top of Page

Michael P
Star Contributor

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  05:27:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
At the moment, I'm rather dissapointed with the Coke Rewards 'program'.

1: Points expire if you don't log into the site at a certain frequency. I prefer to 'bank' points, and eventually get around to using them once I accumulate a 'sufficient' quantity. An example, mypoints, where I joined about 3-4 years ago. I just made my first redemtion, $75.00 in gift cards. I find this approach better suits me, rather than the smaller $5.00 or $10.00 'rewards' just to redeem points. I can use the GC for something much nicer I would hesitate to purchase if spending cash.

2: They seem to have eliminated most of their beverages from reward point redemption. Also other rewards are gone. That stinks IMHO.

3: Could they make the redemption process any more difficult, with hard to read codes, etc? I don't think so. <sic>

OK, I'm done ranting. Although I had a large number of 2-liter coke product coupons, some of my points 'expired', and I'm not happy. Went to redeem them for some canned beverages for storm use, and they're gone. Both the points, and the beverages. Sheesh. I intentionally waited until I could redeem a larger quantity of them to no avail. Did not get the drinks, and the points are gone too.

On the plus side, I did get some Mento's and used a few 2 liter bottles of diet coke for fountains to entertain some kids. They thought it was cool, and I was a sticky gooey mess that had to take a garden hose shower. (HINT: If you do this, don't wear shoes.)

AND I found a great 'recipe' for the Minute Maid Lemonade. Freeze some in plastic cups or zip lock baggies, take the frozen lemonade, drop it into the blender and 'crush' it, and end up with a slurpee like beverage during these extra hot days.

But than, I figure, I got a heck of a lot of free product, so why should I carry on about not getting more free stuff from them, rewards for the free stuff I already got, huh?

I ain't gonna bother calling about codes I can not seem to input, even when I think I'm reading them clearly with a backlight and magnifier. I just threw about 8 caps into the trash without redeeming the points.

I think I'm "done" with coke rewards. I am certainly somewhat frustrated.

Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  11:48:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm not going to enter too many more codes....still have 2 of the
"5-Free" coupons to redeem. Am going to try to get Lemonade or Nestea with those.

About the points....I'm not going to have that many, around 100 points, I think. So, I'll probably just settle for a magazine subscription.

By the way....I used a big, bright flashlight behind that cap, and, like magic, I could read the code! I had a magnifier there, just in case, but, didn't need it.

Yes, Michael, I have seen a lot of complaints about the choice rewards being taken away...guess they had a limited supply, huh? (Coke ran out of Coke...???)
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  12:00:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Have been to the 4 main stores here, and, NONE of them are carrying MinuteMaid Lemonade in the 2-liter bottles! ....just the cans!
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2006 :  8:28:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just a reminder......

The "5 Free 2-liter Bottles of Coke Products" Coupons expire tomorrow! You have ONE day left to redeem them! They expire 8-31-06..

I still have one that has not been redeemed...gotta make it to the store tomorrow to get them.
Go to Top of Page

DCorrin

Warren, MI
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  11:19:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any final comments on the coke promotion. I used my last 5 coupons this week. I now have over 30 bottles of coke in the house. For our household this is less than a 2 month supply.
Go to Top of Page

KarenCan
Valued Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
161 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  12:19:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was going through a pile of old mail and found a coupon.

I ran out yesterday evening and redeemed it at a store I hadn't used it at before. And the cashier was exicited for me and wanted to know how she could get one. I told her that promotion is over.

I got my 5 2 liters and told her to participate in whatever promotion they have, Coke tends to reward pretty good.

Karen

Shopping-Chicago, IL
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  1:37:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The Coke promotion was OK. I did have problems redeeming them at most stores. The cashier would sometimes just deduct one free bottle or the system did not know how to handle it. Some systems also had a limit on the dollar amount of a coupon and it had to be manually overridden. But heck, how often do you have a coupon for 5 free of anything?

My neighbors all enjoyed the free coke they got and I also started giving a bottle or two to the cashiers each time I used a coupon. I still have about 70 bottles left even after giving away many coupons and Cokes.

This makes one wonder how much it actually costs to produce a bottle of Coke with all the giveaways they have. My guess is the packaging costs more than the Coke. Now, it's off to reward land. I will probably end up getting one of those hotel stays. A free hotel stay acquired with free Coke, now that's a deal.
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62073 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  1:52:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Received 2 coupons for 2 free 12-packs of any Coca-Cola product. Have no idea what this is for. I wasn't doing any other promotions other than the 2 liter bottles a couple months back and I rcv'd all the coupons for those.

This was a pleasant surprise
Go to Top of Page

ABagby
Contributor

Evansville, Indiana
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  7:34:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was often only given credit for 1 and they'd look at me strange when I'd point out it was for 5. It was fun though. Other than that, never had a problem redeeming them. Thanks COKE! I'm ready for the next one.

Angie
Go to Top of Page

DCorrin

Warren, MI
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  07:35:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh no - I'm out of coke - I had to pay for a bottle. Haven't had to do that for months.
Go to Top of Page

Michael P
Star Contributor

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  10:56:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DCorrin

Oh no - I'm out of coke - I had to pay for a bottle. Haven't had to do that for months.

Suffering from FREE Coke withdrawal symptoms, huh?

Well, it ain't over yet!

Here are a couple more FREE Coke's for you, and everyone else. Just print your own authorized coupon!! :)

http://www.cokezero.com/tastetest.jsp

Enjoy.

Michael P
Go to Top of Page

FranS
Star Contributor

Estero, FL
USA
461 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  2:21:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks but this coupon is for 55cents off when you buy BOTH a 20 oz Coke Zero and a 20 oz Coke Classic. Not any freebies.

FranS
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62073 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  2:13:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If anyone does Coke rewards

10008 03925 14475 - 10 free points

http://mcr.us.icoke.com/holidaySweepsHome.do?lang=en&visit_id=undefined
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  2:43:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for alerting us to that, Marie! I just needed that 10 points to get one of the Coke Holiday trucks for our little Grandson.

Now, I think I'm done with the rewards...unless I buy lots more Coke than I should during Christmas-time!
Go to Top of Page

Jonny
Valued Contributor

Southwest, NM
USA
114 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2006 :  08:27:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey there!!
Thanks for the promo code...i entered it today!
They extended the coke rewards program, without expiration
if you remember to add new codes within a certain time frame.
If you let it go for months, they will expire.
....they never sent my coupons for coke1 but I did get
the 5-free 2-liters coupons X 4...I've never seen the lemonade
in 2-liters...

Thanks Be to God
He Reviveth the Thirsty Land...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 42  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums