Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Lawrence Merchandising Services (CRS/Lawrence) (Stravina)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

Kamy777
Contributor

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  12:42:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been offered work for this company. What's your experience with them? Any feedback would be appreciated!

MichelleCPD
Valued Contributor

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  1:16:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I will start my first job for them in the next couple of weeks. Since I haven't started yet, I can't give you any payment information, but I can tell you they are good about communicating. They are quick to get everything in the mail to you that you need.

Good Luck, and wish me luck,
Michelle
Go to Top of Page

JJinNWIN
Contributor

Wheatfield, IN
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  1:29:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been working for this company since January of last year, and I love them. They pay every two weeks, with direct deposit available. Never a late check. Regular assignments, plus special projects. Clear instructions. Really nice project managers and regional coordinators. Weekly project emails. You call in your report on an IVR system the day of service, and then mail your sheets weekly. I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

Christina Hoppel

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  5:50:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for this company for over three years and they are a great company to work for. The jewelry can be overwhelming at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's really easy. They always pay on time and I've never had any problems with them.

Christina
Go to Top of Page

Dannie
Trainee

Chicago, IL
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  9:11:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
HI I did a jewerly reset for them on Wednesday. It was my first time too. Make sure that you precall the store. Because I was doing a new store and the day before I wanted to come in and do the reset, he said that I need to be there before 1:00pm because they were doing the floors. My instructions said it should only take 2 hours. Well give yourself extra time. Also look at your paper work the one that in color. You will have more jewerly then you need, but you will learn how to make it fit.

If I said anything wrong, I am only going by what I have experience.

update go paid today for job done September 24,2003 it was a direct deposit.

djp
Go to Top of Page

WendyG
Star Contributor

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  11:44:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love this company. They were one of my first ones to work for when I came back into the business. I would say that I was very lucky to find them. I have been working 9 months for them. Checks are always on time and they have direct deposit, very nice co-ordinators. I would never give them up.

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

Kamy777
Contributor

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2003 :  04:19:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just wondering, for those who have done the jewelry display resets, how hard are they to do? I am scheduled to do 3 of these, and then do a monthly service to the rack and just wondering if its worth the aggravation and time. The email I received Friday said their were 14 boxes to this display and that a drill was required, seems more complicated than I thought for. Is the company good about answering the phone/questions like they say they are?
Go to Top of Page

WendyG
Star Contributor

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2003 :  2:35:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I have not done the resets yet, but they are coming my way. It may take you longer to get through the first one but then the 2nd and 3rd should go easier because you have already done one.

They are always there during business hours to answer the phone. If you do get a voice mail you can always press 0 and the operator will get you to someone who can help. I have always found immediate help with my questions while I am in the field.

Hope this helps.

Wendy

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

BrandiPhil

Buffalo, NY
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2003 :  08:53:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have another question for those that have already done one. Is the rack shipped to the store or your house. If it's shipped to your house, is there any part you can assemble at home?

Shopping in NY - Buffalo
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

MichelleCPD
Valued Contributor

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2003 :  09:11:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Brandi,
Unfortunately, (or fortunately-depending on how you look at it...) Everything is shipped to the store. It will have to be totally put together there.

Michelle
Go to Top of Page

Dannie
Trainee

Chicago, IL
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2003 :  10:11:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dannie

HI I did a jewerly reset for them on Wednesday. It was my first time too. Make sure that you precall the store. Because I was doing a new store and the day before I wanted to come in and do the reset, he said that I need to be there before 1:00pm because they were doing the floors. My instructions said it should only take 2 hours. Well give yourself extra time. Also look at your paper work the one that in color. You will have more jewerly then you need, but you will learn how to make it fit.

If I said anything wrong, I am only going by what I have experience.

up date from last time: There is 14 box of jewerly and hair wear total. I received an email about calling the store before you go and don't let the store open the box etc. Well go very early as possible, if this is your first time. Because this is a new reset plan- o gram.

( remember in the old days when people could'nt read so they would look at the picture. ( well the picture will help a lot. Plus on the back of the picture is the products name. On each jewerly items there is the name and if it is small, medium, large. group a,b,etc. take the items out and put them in there groups first. Before you take the plastic off the item.

I am not say that anybody can't read but, pictures help. ( remember there is nobody there to show you how to do your job. because they do not have a plan-o-gram. Like someone mention before once you do the first one the secound and third will be very easy.

and to all have a good day.

djp
Go to Top of Page

FaithInGa
Contributor

Rossville, GA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  07:38:44 AM  Send FaithInGa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MaryL

I have worked for CRS Lawrence for 3 years servicing jewelry in Target. I am leary of the account at Family Dollar. How long did it take you to do a Family Dollar?
The first of my Family Dollars took 6 and 1/2 hours! The second took 5 and 1/2 and then the third and fourth I was finally down to 5 hours. The first took me longer because of course I'd not done it before and it's kind of hard to assemble the fixture by yourself. Then I learned that I could assemble it myself with a few "tricks" and so the next ones went easier. Assembling the fixture takes no more than an hour and a half once you get things going, it's all that mess of jewelry that takes the longest. I separated all my jewelry from the towers in to shopping baskets and that way when I got ready to put it back on the new fixture then I just sat the basket in front of the section and went to work. I also had to dismantle the old fixture base so that the glasses could be rolled somewhere until Foster Grant got to them, as they do not fit on the regular pegs. Some stores had an abundance of jewelry for the fixtures while others had barely enough to fill the pegs and it looked kind of bare for now. All in all I'm so glad that this part of the job is done....now on to regular monthly visits :)

Merchandising in Northwest Georgia and Tennessee.
Go to Top of Page

Kamy777
Contributor

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  12:03:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know when this company pays? I did my first jewelry reset project 10/2/03 and have not yet received payment (I've been checking my bank account balance every day this week since they only pay by direct deposit -- this is something new for me!) Do they send a payroll stub? How do you know you are paid? (My bank charges .50 a call after a certain amount of calls each month!) Any info would be helpful from current CRS/Lawrence employees.
Go to Top of Page

MichelleCPD
Valued Contributor

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  01:22:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kamy,
I just finished my first project for them last Saturday, so I've not been paid yet, but as I recall, they pay twice monthly, and you will receive a stub in the mail once a month. They also have a website you can go to, to check on your account at anytime, but I think you have to wait until you get your first statement from them, because in the enrollment instructions for the website, it says for you to put in your voucher or check # and the pay date. I'm sure you could email or call your field service rep, and they can let you know the pay dates.

Good luck,
Michelle
Go to Top of Page

Freesia26

NY
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  05:25:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been working for them for 4 years now. I am not doing any of the resets but they pay every two weeks. I just received my notification that checks are coming. I am not on direct deposit though. Pay dates for October were (are) 10/2, 10/16, and 10/30 I believe. I have NEVER had a problem with them. Hope this helps.

Mary
Go to Top of Page

WendyG
Star Contributor

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  10:14:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can't stress enough what a great company CRS Lawrence is to work for. If you have any questions about your pay, you should contact your coordinator. They will be able to track it down and tell you when. I have never had trouble with payment. Sometimes it can take an extra week for the paper work to get processed once it reaches the office.

This IS one of the better companies to work for in the experiences I have had, and I have had many. Hang in there, once you get on a normal schedule, you will see how smooth they operate.

Once you have this one, don't give it up!

Wendy

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

Kamy777
Contributor

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  03:32:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you all so much for your help! I was just requesting info from you all that have been working with the company for awhile - I know with each other company I work for I know the day/date that I can receive payment for a particular job completed (I document/record everything!!)

I guess I am a little anxious -the jewelry resets were definitely not EASY to do; and I did 5 of these projects between 10/2/03 & 10/14/03. I took alot of "lip" from the store managers about their watches getting stolen in an unlocked case; and just the bitter attitudes these managers have especially with their Corporate office! They did not even want to assist me at all either!! Usually, it is the associates/ dept. managers with the nasty attitudes; these were the STORE MANAGERS! And the Associates wouldn't even speak to answer my questions!!

CRS/Lawrence is the first company I have ever worked with that ONLY pays through direct deposit - this is a new experience for me! I, too understood I would receive a monthly statement on the amounts of direct deposits, but I like to keep an exact daily balance on my checking account (to the penny!) -- always have! This particular bank does not offer on-line banking yet; so I have to call for the information. No big deal, I'm sure it will come eventually!! The first time being paid from a company is usually late anyway - I looked at my notes and they had stated the next paydate would be 10/16/03 and that they paid every two weeks; but I don't know what the deadline for paperwork is to be paid on time! This is what I was wondering about. I've contacted my Field Service Rep and asked her to forward it to the Payroll Dept. if necessary. If I have to wait another two weeks for my payment, I just would like to know so that I can plan accordingly!! I have no complaints whatsoever about the company CRS/Lawrence; I was just requesting INFORMATION so that I wouldn't have to contact them with "every little thing" (I had to call them on several occasions during my resets, etc.!!) Just wanted to give them a break! I look forward to hearing back from the company (they are always prompt with correspondence) or better yet, I'll call personally so that I will know what to expect!!
Go to Top of Page

KarlaR

Mounds, OK
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  3:19:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just started with CRS/Lawrence this month. I didn't know if I was going to make it through the first jewelry reset. Each successive one gets easier. The assembly is now taking less than 1/2 of my time in the store. Transfering stock from the old fixture and the strips can be challenging. Most of the managers have been extremely responsive to the idea of weeding out the strips as merchandise sells down. Everyone is going to find what works best for them. After the first store, I started just shoving the old fixture out of the way (and as far out of the traffic flow as possible) and then moving the merchandise from one unit to the next. One of the really enjoyable aspects has been the customers. In every store, I have people shopping while I'm stocking. They're really responding to the increased visibility of the merchandise.

My coordinators are angels! High praise to Samantha and Tabitha. They've been endlessly patient with my multiple questions and respond very, very quickly.

As first stated, I'm a newbie with this company. But from what I've experienced so far - these guys are a joy to work for!

KarlaR
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping AND Merchandising the greater Tulsa area
Go to Top of Page

FaithInGa
Contributor

Rossville, GA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2003 :  2:48:10 PM  Send FaithInGa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KarlaR

The assembly is now taking less than 1/2 of my time in the store. Transfering stock from the old fixture and the strips can be challenging.
I have done 9 store so far (would have been 11 but it's a long story...LOL) and doing my 10th tomorrow. What I've found that works best for me, and this I'm sure is not workable for everyone. But I take the product off the old fixtures and separate it in to the baskets; blue rachel rose in one-black rachel rose in another...etc. Then I break down the old fixture and wheel it out of my way to the back so I can sweep and lay out the new fixture items. Then I wheel all the empty fixture boxes in the back too. So then I'm left with a clean area, no boxes or old fixtures and it goes very fast from their on. I've still not managed to get it anywhere near 3-4 hours :( but atleast I've gotten it to the recommended 5 now....LOL The first store took me 6 and only one store since then has taken me that long and it was HORRIBLE.

All of my managers have complained about the watches, I don't know what to tell them. I've seen the memo from Family Dollar Corporate and it says for the managers to unlock the cases and let us have access to put them out.....so I don't fuss I just ask for the watches :)

Go to Top of Page

FaithInGa
Contributor

Rossville, GA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2004 :  5:54:08 PM  Send FaithInGa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MaryL

I have worked for CRS Lawrence for 3 years servicing jewelry in Target. I am leary of the account at Family Dollar. How long did it take you to do a Family Dollar?
For those of you that have Family Dollar accounts that you are still working on, how have you handled the stores that are just in horrible shape? I mentioned to my scheduler that I no longer wanted the stores I have, since they only give you an hour and it's less than 10.00 for the visit, plus the managers always think I'm slacking because after my hour is up I have to leave. I explain to them that I'll work on it more on the next visit, but that all Family Dollar allows us is 1 hour, but then on the return visit it's back to it's normal nasty looking disorganized rack. I've shown them all the POG, the way it's supposed to look and I just get the standard "well we put all the jewelry we get in on it where it'll fit" I even asked one manager as I was taking off all the product that didn't belong where he'd like me to put it, and he said NO, to put it back on the fixture where it would fit that they were not so concerned with teen on one side and girl stuff on the other.....it's so Frustrating. Then I was told that time might increase after the first of the year, to just hang in their....only to get the blanket email/hotline notice that we were still only going to be allowed one hour and that turning down any job within our 20 mile radius would jeapordize our Target positions :( Are any of the rest of you having these troubles?

Go to Top of Page

JJinNWIN
Contributor

Wheatfield, IN
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2004 :  07:56:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Faith, I have nine Family Dollars and two of them I do twice a month. This month they are doing better with their displays. Basically all we can do each month is try to straighten up and try to get a little more stock on the display, either from new orders or clip strips around the store. I take it that our job is to just guide them in maintaining the display. And compared to our Targets, it's not that same and the displays aren't the same. So I have just basically told myself to do what I can and not stress. I know that I am doing all that I can do, in the hour that we are allowed. That was Family Dollars decision, and if they only want us an hour, that's all they can expect. I am finding this month, with the holidays over, the stores are getting a bit more excited about the displays and you can tell it, they look better. As for having the teen on the kids side and the kids on the teen side, I swap what I can to the right side. But they still have teen on the kids side when I'm done, because they have a lot more teen product. And it needs to go somewhere. I figure it looks better over on that side, then having empty pegs on the kids side. When I report to the manager after the visit, I walk them over to the display and show them where they can put some more product when it comes in. And remind them they can move the pegs around, etc. The idea is, if I show them where they can put the product between my visits, maybe they will get someone to keep the display up. That's all we can do. I wouldn't give my stores up though, since I enjoy working for CRS/Lawrence so much, and really love my Target job. I just consider the Family Dollars to be the side dish and my Target the main dish. I too would like to hear what they say about you giving up your Family Dollars.

Jean
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums