Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Lawrence Merchandising Services (CRS/Lawrence) (Stravina)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2007 :  6:08:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lawrence Merchandising, formally known as CRS Lawrence, is a great company to work for. I've worked for them for six years and they have always treated me right. While I've had some issues with store personal in the past, for the most part they are all decent people. I find that when I go in I start working and wait until someone needs to come to the jewelry boat. Then after they are done with whatever they need to do I say hello and explain what I'm doing. I wait on them, not wasting their time. After all, they are our customer.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Donna Miller
Contributor

Newfane, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  3:06:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lady Daria,
Funny thing....I went to NCCC too. I was 40 though when I started college! LOL I didn't like it any better then than when I was in High School. We just may know one another....who knows? Both my daughters went to NCCC and then on to other schools. My email is niagaranow at aol....if you want to email me. I've been merchandising for almost 10 years and love every minute of it. I do a lot in the local Dollar General stores and service Michaels, ToysRUS, and an awful lot of drugstore work. All mostly easy, and all pay well. I do this full time....somedays, as with anything else, I wonder why, but wouldn't change a thing! I know there is another girl in the Falls with the same name as me. I keep getting checked for her credit...lol
Donna
Go to Top of Page

Katrina78
Apprentice

Montgomery, AL
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  06:20:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a no so pleasing experience with Lawrence Merchandising last year reseting posters in WorldMarket.I was not assigned a trainer so I had to learn how to do it on my own.I went back and forth to WorldMarket for a month and I got paid $32 for that month.Now that really stinks.It could have been $10 per hour instead of $10 per assignment.I would never work for these people again.

Katrina
Go to Top of Page

Sue AC
Valued Contributor

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  4:14:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for them for a year back in 1995.I did jewlery at Target
which was fine, never any problems. Then they gave me a sunglass job twice a month at the "canteen" of the veterans hospital and veterans home. They were generous with the pay a whole $12, time allowed 1 hour. The store didn't open until 10 AM, wouldn't allow me to come early. By the time I found a place to park which was usually 1/2 to 1 mile from the building, then start to walk to the building, if I was lucky a shuttle would come along and if it had a seat, I would ride the rest of the way to the front entrance. Then I had wo walk another 2 blocks down the side of the building to a side entrance to the hall that went down stairs in the basement to the canteen. By this time it has been 30- 45 minutes alreadyThen walk to the canteen and it has been another 5-10 minutes depending on how busy the hallway was. So by time I got to the store it has been 1 hour. Then would have to wait 10-15 minutes for them to unlock the stockroom door, while waiting I would work on the display, which was always a mess. So after spending an hour doing the job, then it was the dreaded walk back to my car. By time I pulled out of the parking lot onto the street it had been 2.5- 3 hours. When I told my manager all the details and said they would have to pay me more money for the job. They took me off of the job and also took the Target job from me. Didn't even say they were letting me go. When I inquired my answer always was,"your still on payroll, we just don't have any work for you right now."

Sue
Go to Top of Page

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  4:18:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've never had any problems with pay from Lawrence, Sue, and I've worked for them for six years. They have always been good to me and they have been more than fair with the pay. I've done jewelry in Targets, sunglasses in canteens, Stravina projects in various stores, not to mention all of the small projects I get from them from time to time. Usually the projects are stickering or repackaging but nothing overly complicated. I like this company and they have been the best one I have ever worked for.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2007 :  9:19:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This question is regarding the new vendor rating procedures.

When I check my weekly ratings, there are also other vendors listed on the same page.

So far, I've received only GREEN ratings. (YEA!)
However, some vendors have 1's &/or 2's.
What is the difference?

I asked someone at my store - she didn't know what the 1 or 2 meant.
Anyone know?

Also, overall, how do you think this program is working out for you, your company and/or the store? Any comments???
THANKS! :)
Go to Top of Page

Holli in NJ
Contributor

NJ
USA
58 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  9:17:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else get that email that Stravina closed its doors
and we will no longer service them at TOY"S R US or anywhere?
This came out of the blue

Holli
I Love This Board!
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  9:22:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
YES! I think it went to all reps doing any work for Stravina.
What a complete & total shock!
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl S

Paterson, NJ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  04:23:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think it was a shock to both Lawrence & Stravina. I doubt Stravina would have had us do the TRU reset if they knew they were shutting down. I often wondered how they stayed in business the way it seemed to be run.

I got a call Thursday evening not to bother going back to any of my TRU and to finish up any undone call reports. I was waiting for the stores to figure out where parts of the display went. I service 5 stores, I just lost half my income.
Go to Top of Page

JulieShops
Valued Contributor

Benwood, West Virginia
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2007 :  5:37:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I thought something was amiss with Stravina since last Christmas season, when we failed to get our orders in to the stores. In the store I serviced, the orders I wrote were only filled about half the time throughout this whole year. Once, we got in a whole huge box of nothing but toothbrushes that I did not order.

It has been pretty messed up for awhile. I was not surprised to see it go belly up. However, I suspect that it will resurface under another name very soon.

I hope so, because the people at my Toys 'R us are really nice and I will miss working with them.
Go to Top of Page

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  10:10:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi...I'm just curious...has Lawrence had to drop the Target account as well? I thought Stravina was the manufacturer of the jewelry at Target? I no longer work for Lawrence due to the territory and contracts of my other merchandising job expaniding. I agree that TRU is really great to work with (no matter where you are!) , and if I was still with Lawrence I would be especially devastated to lose out on TRU...luckily I am still in TRU due to my current job.

Thanks for the info.
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl S

Paterson, NJ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  05:08:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
NO! Stravina had nothing to do with Target. Stravina made the personalized products , toothbrushes, pencils etc with names on them. Stravina products were in TRU, drugstores & grocerie stores. At one point they had bought Lawrence but I understand they had seperated awhile ago.

With Target Lawrence is hired directly by Target, not the manufacturer of the jewelry.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  2:53:19 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Question regarding the new program starting up in certain grocers for Lawrence Merchandising. Has anyone heard of the new coupon machine with touch screens?? This is supposedly a job share every weekend. Has anyone done this? I am not particularly crazy about working weekends, but....
Go to Top of Page

HeatherShops
Star Contributor

Lake Placid, NY
USA
277 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  3:35:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would LOVE to do mc work on weekends...
Go to Top of Page

JulieShops
Valued Contributor

Benwood, West Virginia
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2007 :  9:31:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anybody know what's up with Stravina now? I have a "details pending" call report for TRU on my list.

They just went out of business a few weeks ago and now they are not out?

I was just wondering if anyone out there knows the story on this. I think it's pretty strange.
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl S

Paterson, NJ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  05:02:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The Stravina product is still in the stores.Alot of the major reset work wasn't finished. Space wasn't available for some of the displays. I understand each TRU store was given a survey about what still needs to be done and depending on that survey we'll be sent in to finish up.
Go to Top of Page

Donna Miller
Contributor

Newfane, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  4:56:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you have a TRU store you might want to go in and check your Lawrence Merchandising Schedule, as most everyone has an Additional Service. They are looking to make sure that the RTV has gone back to TRU DC, and you have to report that on MARS. You also have to set out any remaining stock that you may have in backstock.
Due to the closure of Stravina, the stores now own all of the Stravina Programs and TRU would like to sell as much of the inventory prior to fiscal year end as possible. There will be no reorders to do, only service to reset Stravina if it was not set before, and put out any backstock that may be there.
Go to Top of Page

RepSusan
Valued Contributor

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  5:53:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello. I got a message on my answering machine from someone from Lawrence about some reset(s) to be done this Monday thru Wednesday. Don't know if that is work everyday mentioned or one set to be done on my choice of days. I have never done any work for these folks and plan on returning the call tomorrow. I'm not even sure when I filled out an online application. Anyway, does anybody know what the current projects would be or what clients that work is done for? Just hoping for a heads up before I call back.
Thanks in advance. Susan

Susan
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  7:33:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi! I don't know what reset they are referring to but as a weekly, regular employer, they are one of the best.

The day I got the phone call from them, I didn't know what to think. I had never heard of them either. I wasn't even sure they were on the level.

As of today, I've worked for them for two years. They are on the level and a regular employer and I have always received regular paychecks and whatever support I need from them.

CALL THEM! DO NOT HESITATE! :) Good Luck! :)
Go to Top of Page

CariKin
Apprentice

Killeen, TX
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2008 :  06:51:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The resets they are talking about are probably the Hasbro resets in Walmart. They are two hour resets and not in all Walmarts.

Cari
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums