Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Lawrence Merchandising Services (CRS/Lawrence) (Stravina)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

Cheryl S

Paterson, NJ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  09:26:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It figures. This time last year STravina closed & I lost half my income. I've finally picked up enough work to replace that & Target cuts hours.

From reading the memo it looks like they'll base the hours on the actual sales the stores get. They should. At one time I was baby sitting a store & therefore had 3. The hours they budgeted was exactly the opposite of how hard the job was. My busiest & hardest store had the least hours & was only weekly because it had less panels. Sometimes my 7 hour store barely needed to be put in order on the second visit.

If they only take 1 hour away from my 11 panel store & make it weekly I'll be ahead. The only problem will be figuring out how to squeeze in the 3 one hour stores I had picked up since I drive by them twice a week.
Hopefully they'll add an hour to my busy store that needs to be visited twice a week but is only visited once.(It's closer to home)

At least they are doing it after the busy Holdiay season when we need the hours. I always figure this is the time of year that balances the times when the work takes way less time than budgeted.
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Lynne
Contributor

PA
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  3:32:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kamy, I have been with LMS for about a year and a half, this is by far the best company in the merchandising world! The training is through [my ATL Ginger is the best] and they are always available to answer any questions. The extra projects in addition to the jewelry service are easy and clearly explained. If you have a chance for employment with this company, take it! The flexibility is also another benefit.

Sharon Lynne
Go to Top of Page

DagnyO

San Antonio, TX
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  6:24:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else having problems with the CVS/Russ Berrie stuff??

JMO, but letting the store managers pick & choose from the product list was a BAD idea! One manager wanted me to leave the list with them so they could decide what they wanted. The other wanted to split cases and was trying to get ME to lower the cost per case.

Dagny
Merchandising and resets in the San Antonio, TX Metro area covering Converse, Schertz, Selma, Universal City
NARMS Merchandising Proficiency Test Passed
Go to Top of Page

LindaNell
Trainee

Barto, PA
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  12:35:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Got hired two weeks ago. Have conference training next Thursday. I have been assigned the MOM set up for Target. Any advice? I don't know what to expect. It's a new Target opening mid July. I'm a little nervous about the MOM set up because it's scheduled before training. Was hired for jewelry and can't wait to start.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

DagnyO

San Antonio, TX
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2009 :  09:41:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi, LindaNell!

MOM is a cake walk - once it's set up.

1)Bring a rubber mallet, a short ladder, a drill with screwdriver bits or ratcheting screwdriver, pliers or a small size wrench set, something to kneel on and a helper (the helper makes this SO much faster!)

2) Get with the Food manager or whomever is setting up the area and make sure your POG matches theirs. I've gone in to set up a couple of stores and the POG I was given was not what was going to go in the store.

3) Ask & look for one or two long boxes and one or two BIG square boxes, depending on your set size. The long boxes have the fencing, the big boxes have the pusher racks (depending on your POG)

4) Do one shelf at a time; work the bottom shelf first

5) It IS much easier to pull all the cereal off; pull it right to left if the set is large & has the left side flush with an end cap. Pull the cereal left to right if the set is flush on the right with an end cap.

6) DO NOT TIGHTEN THE PUSHER RACKS IMMEDIATELY!! Get them set so they fit in the allocated space, THEN tighten. I made this mistake and what should have taken 30 minutes took an hour

7) If the set is large (long), look at how many facings of each kind of cereal you have. For example: for the Tutti Frutti, how many bags across is the section. Lay down that many bags (long-ways), then put a divider fence there, but DON'T put any pins in yet. Just lay the fence where it should go.

8)It seems easier to put the end fencing in first, because you know this is how much space you have, and work in the middle.

Dagny
Merchandising and resets in the San Antonio, TX Metro area covering Converse, Schertz, Selma, Universal City
Go to Top of Page

LindaNell
Trainee

Barto, PA
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2009 :  09:24:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you soooo much DagnyO. You're an angel. Doesn't sound too bad. The boxes you said to look for are in addition to what they sent to my house? Judging by what I received so far my store has an 8 ft section. I'm going to go to the store tomorrow to take a look and see if everything I need has arrived. I'll do the set Wednesday. About how long should I expect it to take? I know all the advice you gave will be a huge help.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

RachelW

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  5:05:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Someone called me yesterday evening. They needed help in Target recarding jewelry. I called her back after reading reviews on here about the company but had to leave a voice mail. I haven't got a return phone call so I'm wondering if she got someone else to fill in. I'm going to call her again tomorrow. Sounds like an interesting job.
Go to Top of Page

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2009 :  06:45:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
any news on the new recarding project.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

SuzNic

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2009 :  4:50:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
it was only this week. my 2 stores didn't have most of the product to recard. so instead of looking at 40 hours, i turned in 6.
Go to Top of Page

JKFaria
Apprentice

VA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  7:09:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

I worked for Lawrence up until about a year ago on the Excell project in Target. A good friend of mine who still works for Lawrence asked me to help with the Jewelry RePack Project, it was supposed to be 12 hours (I foolishly believed this was guaranteed time). Just like the previous poster, our Target store did not have nearly the jewelry expected and we were not shipped enough cards to complete the Rings, so we ended up with a piddly 7 hours apiece. Very disappointing when I was counting on $120!!

Jackie
Go to Top of Page

Sandra G.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  8:26:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm a little upset with this company right now. Twice in the past year, they have offered me a long-term assignment, put me through training, and then lost their contract. I have never been offered anything else. I realize that companies lose assignments, but it seems strange that they lose them just when they are starting.

Sandra G.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  03:49:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I strongly suggest you check your pay with this company. I did a project and they did not give me the bonus and I had found errors in pay when I did glasses for them. They did give me the bonus in the next 2 week period.
Go to Top of Page

DagnyO

San Antonio, TX
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  06:19:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also was a bit let down by the recarding: 6 hours. Um, yay?

Anyone else getting the new tables in place of the gondola for their jewelry? I am NOT looking forward to this!

Dagny
Go to Top of Page

Linnette Stone
Trainee

Raleigh, NC
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  04:51:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been working for them for over 1 1/2 years. They are fantastic. Communication is the best. I always get an answer the same day (usually within a few hours). I love using a schematic rather than a planogram. Paychecks are always on time and I have never had a problem getting additional if I need it.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  12:26:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For those of you that work for this company,do you like it? If so how long have you worked for them? Is the pay right at double digit or more? I applied a few days ago,but not sure if they'll have any thing here in town. Any info would be great! Thanks alot.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  4:36:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
i love them... been with them a few months now.... never had a problem. pay depends on project but usually runds 10/hr... always got paid on time.... great great great

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

AuditorRuss
Star Contributor

Vacaville, California
USA
308 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  4:52:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My wife just started with them. She has a brand new Target to service for jewelry and Excell plus MOM once a month. Trainer showed up right on time and the rep manual followed right after it. Timely communication and friendly staff. She is happy so far plus it is nice to know you have hours every week. She is looking forward to other projects with Lawrence as they come up.

Russ
Go to Top of Page

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  5:42:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
and they always have a little something extra.....

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

AuditorRuss
Star Contributor

Vacaville, California
USA
308 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  6:27:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That is always good to know.

Russ
Go to Top of Page

Freesia26

NY
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2009 :  7:22:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been with Lawrence for over 10 years. Great company to work for with great coordinators! Just wish their was more work than I have now!

Mary
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums