Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Lawrence Merchandising Services (CRS/Lawrence) (Stravina)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
562 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2009 :  2:18:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. Hopefully they'll send an email and let me know if they have any work in the area.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

LilyShops

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  9:27:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am writing as I am a little distraught by what a friend told me they saw in a couple of newspapers recently. The article posed controversy over harmful materials in jewelry. Stores such as Claire's and Walmart have done voluntary recalls already. The material in question is Cadmium. It is a metal that causes cancer and can damage kidneys and bones. Research shows children absorb cadmium more rapidly so damage may be more severe. It also hinders brain development. Since Lawrence merchandises so much jewelry, I am beginning to wonder just how safe it really is? Do the pieces that are nickel free also contain this material? I have noticed a form of exzema on my hands sometimes after working with the jewelry. Is this a nickel reaction? Has anyone else noticed health problems? Has anyone heard about this concern? How can we find out if this jewelry is safe?
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  9:58:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've wondered the exact same thing AND why does so much of it have labels reading: "Not intended for children under age 14"???

I'm not in a state of panic - yet........but how can we not be concerned???

Anyone out there have answers, please post - thank you!
Go to Top of Page

DagnyO

San Antonio, TX
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  10:07:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The under-14 thing has to do with choking hazard. Remember the gods-awful sticker project that went along with the recarding of the White panel? Most of those pieces had a lot of beading or dangly bits.

I'm not sure where/from who the manufacturer gets their supplies ie, is it shipped to them and assembled or do they purchase them there.

Lily, you are either having a reaction to the nickel or the glue they use in some assembly, E6000 if I'm correct. I used to do assembly for a supplier but had to give it up when I started having horrible itching and red patches on my hands. One way to know for sure is to wear a bracelet you know has nickel in it and see if you have a reaction.

The one thing I hate is when you open jewelry to put out and get a nice whiff of the wonderful plastic/chemical smell.

Dagny
Merchandising and resets in the San Antonio, TX Metro area covering Converse, Schertz, Selma, Universal City
NARMS Merchandising Proficiency Test Passed
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  10:16:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wonder where you got your information from - about the 14 and under warning due to choking.

Personally, I don't know of any 8 to 13 year olds who have choked
on small parts of jewelry. (Excluding mentally impaired children.)

I don't think your information is correct. All warnings about small children and choking hazards I've seen is not for children 3 and under.

I could be wrong but I think it is something else. Don't know what.
May be metal content. I had always thought it was lead but now
I fear it may be the cadium in the news recently.
Go to Top of Page

DagnyO

San Antonio, TX
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2010 :  10:36:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd have to say at this point that the best thing to do would be to call Lawrence or Target corporate & ask what testing, if any, is done.
There are many suppliers.

Dagny
Merchandising and resets in the San Antonio, TX Metro area covering Converse, Schertz, Selma, Universal City
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl S

Paterson, NJ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  06:18:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Val2121

I've wondered the exact same thing AND why does so much of it have labels reading: "Not intended for children under age 14"???

I'm not in a state of panic - yet........but how can we not be concerned???

Anyone out there have answers, please post - thank you!

I believe that has to do with the law made about a year ago that said anything made for children must be tested for lead. If it has the sticker it doesn't mean it has lead, it just means they didn't pay the tons of money to have it tested.

There was a big fuss about it on ebay since so many sellers buy/sell used toys and the law didn't grandfather items already produced. Also, most thrift stores won't take used childrens items since they might not have been tested.

Go to Top of Page

Cheryl S

Paterson, NJ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2010 :  06:30:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Also, the excema is probably from contact to the plastic bags, if you think about it, you don't touch the jewelry much. I developed it while servicing DVD's The shape & place was exactly on my hand where I grabbed the corner of the plastic wrapped DVD. I haven't decided if its an allergy or if the plastic leaches out all the moisture. Try buying some surgical gloves, they protect the hands & make it easier to open the bags. This was the first holiday season where the tips of my hands didn't end up cracked & bleeding. ( I've also been using botanical Body Butter on my hands. I'm trying to stay away from petroleum products on my hands)
Go to Top of Page

DagnyO

San Antonio, TX
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  07:15:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just venting..

If I get any more $5 jewelry that is broken out of the box, I'm going to scream.

I'm going to wring the reshop team's collective necks if they don't start putting the jewelry returns in the box behind the jewelry boat like the JTL told them to instead of just cramming it on pegs. It takes me a good 1 1/2 to clean up the mess.

Dagny
Go to Top of Page

LilyShops

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2010 :  6:56:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
One of my favorites is when I get back the jewelry that I damaged out...the pieces that are tarnishing, missing pieces, etc. My biggest pet peeve, though, is when the markdown team comes through and flips everything over to scan it, and then doesn't flip it back, or flip it, but then DRAPE it over the peg?!
Go to Top of Page

Dawnann

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2010 :  04:50:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's bad enough finding stuff crammed onto pegs but how about those ring boxes!? The shoppers and the reshop team just throw stuff in them and they're always a mess when I visit.

I had to cover for a store and found they rarely damaged out anything. They would constantly "as is" the damaged stuff. What it amounted to was a clearance area filled with junk that never sold, and walls that were getting empty because the items were never replenished! Glad to say I don't deal with that in my own stores. And when something is tarnished I write it right on the card, just in case someone will pick it up and think nothing's wrong and send it back!
Go to Top of Page

DagnyO

San Antonio, TX
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2010 :  7:58:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Had a laugh today -

of course all the transition stuff came in AT ONE TIME, and as I was putting out certain $5 panel items, it hit me:

the revenge of Merona! It's baaack!

Dagny
Go to Top of Page

RepSusan
Valued Contributor

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  2:12:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I found this topic by searching CRS. I had something strange happen to me today. I got an email from someone from CRS and a phone message from someone from Lawrence. I had intended to look both companies up seperately but found this post? The email and the message sound like two completely different jobs but isn't it ironic that they are listed together on this post? Are they still together, I can't tell.
Anyone know anything about CRS doing 400 to 500 locations of 25 minute POP placement in my area of Pa or Lawrence doing some projects in Walmart? I hate wild goose chases and really don't want to jump through hoops to find out the work is either gone or it's a one time, one store, one hour project.
Any input appreciated.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  2:19:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know Lawrence is doing the Walmart, but I'm not sure about the POP for CRS I have a feeling Lawrence once was CRS, but not 100% sure

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

RepSusan
Valued Contributor

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  5:18:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Deb,
Can you say what the Walmart assignment is? Is it regular work or just a one time assignment?
I also gathered that these two companies may have been two in the same at one time. I just found it to be really odd that I received contacts from both of them today and that they were connected on the same post.
Thanks again.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  5:21:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As far as I know it is a one off project. Unfortunately

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

RepSusan
Valued Contributor

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  6:55:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  6:58:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
n/p. if you can get on with them, they are a great compnay to work for. I wish they had more work

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2010 :  8:22:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do 2 Targets for them. Love the company. I have been working for them since 2004.
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Lynne
Contributor

PA
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2010 :  04:27:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Love the company also!

Sharon Lynne
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums