Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Lawrence Merchandising Services (CRS/Lawrence) (Stravina)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  03:04:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone noticed changes in attitudes and other things at this company? Whats happening?
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  04:05:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Val2121

Anyone noticed changes in attitudes and other things at this company? Whats happening?

What's going on with them?? I use to work for them full time (with benefits and all) back in the early 90's. Had a great wonderful job and one day had a great wonderful job and no pay - our checks bounced, or didn't come at all. And mind you I live near them and worked in their offices in town. But that was years and years ago and they've changed hands a few times since then. It was a shame ....at this point I don't think there is anyone there from the *old days*.
Go to Top of Page

Hillbilly Kathy

Mammoth Spring, AR
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  07:50:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Val2121

Yes. Got an email just yesterday telling me that another rep had been hired and my monthly "job" had been transferred to the new rep. I called and complained since that is the only "job" in my area. I also told the new supervisor that I didn't like a new rep hired when there wasn't any jobs available now. She told me I shouldn't worry about the new rep getting the jobs. I told her since this was my only source of income that I had to worry. Got an email back saying it was human error and my store had been given back to me. However, I wonder how many jobs will be given to the new rep if she is closer to the town than I am (no mileage is paid)

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1647 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  08:05:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had so many problems with them I stopped working for them. I did glasses in another state cuz they couldn't find a rep so I was driving 240 miles every month and was highly bonused. All of a sudden they took the jobs off my schedule .. never told me and gave them to another rep. That rep never went to the stores so they hired another rep that did not go to the stores. They took the jobs away from me..I continued to work for them and did a job far away again with a bonus. I did not get the bonus due to "a glitch in their system." They finally paid me but I have no repsect for them anymore. Good luck if you do work for them. They are great bunch of people but that doesn't pay the bills.
Go to Top of Page

LilyShops

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2010 :  9:35:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Re Val2121, on 7-13-10, what IS going on? There seem to be sooo many last minute projects. For example, we are notified on Thursday, of a project that STARTS that same day, but the materials are being mailed out, and it is due within a week. That's barely enough time to even receive the materials. And what about if we already were in our stores for the week, or have our schedule set/have other jobs with other companies??? It seems like they only want reps to work for them, as they make it impossible sometimes to schedule other jobs. Sometimes I get notice on jobs a month in advance, and then there's the opposite extreme like this?! And, it seems like there are so many errors on plans and instructions lately? And, the managers want us to respond within 24 hours to communication, but they hardly ever return that favor??? The company is not the same as when I first started working for them.

On more specific project levels, how are the new fixtures for the sunglasses working for anyone at the gas stations? Does anyone have the Christmas tree fluffing project at Target? I read some stores may have as many as 21 trees to assemble? Yikes! Who comes up with these projects?
Go to Top of Page

Kendra
Contributor

Lakeville, IN
USA
63 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2011 :  11:21:12 AM  Visit Kendra's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can anyone give any recent feedback regarding this company? I just completed an interview and am interested in the work. How are they doing with paychecks now? Recent threads show that has been an issue in the past.

Shopping Michiana!
Silver Certified
ymixxk
Go to Top of Page

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2011 :  11:56:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Awesome company to work for. No problem with pay checks. Always on time and always correct.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Presley
Valued Contributor

Dallas, Texas
USA
121 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2011 :  3:39:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Great company to work for and good jobs. Their pay has always been on time, like clockwork.

Presley, KH
Gold Certified
Shopping Dallas/Ft. Worth & Surrounding Areas
Go to Top of Page

ChristyJ001

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2011 :  09:46:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have to give my two cents on this company....

I have worked for Lawrence for almost four years now. In that time, I have spoken to my Area Team Lead ONE time, and that was when she came down to train me when I first started. Over the past four years, I have had probably 6 or 7 different coordinators (who work in the home office). The coordinators have been easy to work with and have usually responded promptly to phone calls and emails. I have never had an issue with pay, always on time through direct deposit.

In the past four years, I have never recieved a pay raise or bonus and not even as much as a pat on the back or a "Thanks for your hard work and loyal service".

The final straw came when they assigned "routes" for a new one-time project that will involve about 25 miles round trip to some locations and the pay is only $5 per location.

In my opinion, this company does not value its loyal reps nor pay them what they deserve.
Go to Top of Page

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2011 :  11:03:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree. Its a lot of driving around. I don't think this particular job is worth it. They really could pay a little more for this job, or at least give us a travel allowance.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Cathy O
Contributor

Richmond, MI
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2011 :  05:12:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't worked for them for too long, about six months but this new project is upsetting me. I was automatically assigned a store 16 miles away because it was within my territory and the ones within about 3-10 miles of my address were given to another rep. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Cathy

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

ChristyJ001

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2011 :  08:25:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, this new project has officially prompted me to resign from Lawrence. After four years with no pay raise and no respect, it is time to move on. Luckily I have picked up more work with other companies that value my time more. I will complete my last three regular services this week so I can inform the managers of my resignation. I really liked the card/glasses services & I know those managers will be disappointed to see me go.
Go to Top of Page

Brent
Contributor

Peoria, Arizona
USA
60 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2011 :  12:10:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know a contact person in the Phoenix area. I received a posting near my home in Peoria
Go to Top of Page

SharonC

Jacksonville, FL
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  04:18:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used to work for this company about 5 yrs ago merchandising the costume jewelry at Target. Granted now I was in a HUGE metropolitan area that probably has 40 Targets yet they could only manage to get me ONE store that I lived 45mi away from. I got paid $50 per day no matter how long the project took and NO mileage. So basically I was driving close to an hour each way, spending 4-6 hrs there and making $20 after my drive time and gas expense. When they couldn't offer me another store I told them I had to quit because there was no way I could drive all that way for ONE job a week and no mileage to boot.

I don't know how they keep ANY employees. Their ads all state $10/hr and NO MILEAGE REIMBURSEMENT... so who in their right mind would even apply

Don't let them make you work for free. YOUR time is worth $$$. Demand compensation for it.
Go to Top of Page

Presley
Valued Contributor

Dallas, Texas
USA
121 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2011 :  4:26:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am having trouble and can't get my call reports submitted. I am trying to download the current version of Java and it shows up on my desktop after I download it, but then when I click on Run, I get a message, "Unable to download." I have tried turning off my Firewall and that hasn't helped.

I would certainly appreciate any ideas or suggestions. Is anyone else having problems with this website?

Presley, KH
Gold Certified
Shopping Dallas/Ft. Worth & Surrounding Areas
Go to Top of Page

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2011 :  4:31:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Try using Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. :)

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

LilyShops

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  11:15:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd love to hear others experiences with this current repack project. Does anyone think it is really reasonable to finish all of this in one week, plus regular services? Does anyone work for just this company? It really kinda puts a cramp in your schedule when stuff like this comes up.
I also have to reiterate, it seems like sooo many errors are happening lately, project changes, wrong numbers given, miscommunications, revistits deployed? Soooo annoying! Certainly more people have opinions on this company that are responding??? If not, why does the job board keep growing each week?
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2011 :  6:53:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LilyShops

I'd love to hear others experiences with this current repack project. Does anyone think it is really reasonable to finish all of this in one week, plus regular services? Does anyone work for just this company? It really kinda puts a cramp in your schedule when stuff like this comes up.
I also have to reiterate, it seems like sooo many errors are happening lately, project changes, wrong numbers given, miscommunications, revistits deployed? Soooo annoying! Certainly more people have opinions on this company that are responding??? If not, why does the job board keep growing each week?

REASONABLE in one week? NO. Very hard to try this much work in a week.
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl S

Paterson, NJ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  07:39:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Definitely too much extra work this week. Also too organized. I seemed to spend more time sorting & opening up little bags to get the supplies than I did doing some of the work.

When they brought up the possibility of getting a helper the possible times were too broad.

I was not happy that they also assigned an extra project AND restarted 3 weekly services that were suspended during the winter also due the same week .

They have a slight problem with not paying attention to workload balancing but otherwise its a great company to work for.
Go to Top of Page

Dawnann

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  1:26:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I actually didn't mind the ones with the little bags because I found it easier than going through a mile-long roll of stickers to find the right one.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums