Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Lawrence Merchandising Services (CRS/Lawrence) (Stravina)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  1:29:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dawnann

I actually didn't mind the ones with the little bags because I found it easier than going through a mile-long roll of stickers to find the right one.

Agree with you. Didn't think it was too organized.
Saved much time + effort due to organizing.

I think complaining about too organized is nit-picking.
IMO. Sorry.
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl S

Paterson, NJ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  2:27:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That was slight sarcasm. However, in an attempt to organize I think they made things more complicated.

Also, anyone know why we did it all? I was taking earrings off of perfectly good cards & putting them on identical ones. The only difference was the price and location of the EOS. Price could be easily peeled off & a new one put on. I could tell the manufacturer did. A few were already at the new price & you could see a very very faint blur under the new price from the peeling off of the old( I assumed).
Go to Top of Page

Dawnann

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  3:50:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I noticed some of the cards were exactly the same too.

I wish they were all the same, but understand they were from different vendors. Some had pockets on them already, others didn't. Some necklace cards had holes, others had little x's. Those with the holes were murder to work with since the necklaces wouldn't stay in place.

I also have VERY sore fingers from removing posts and rubber stoppers. The whole job was very tiring!

Go to Top of Page

LilyShops

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  12:47:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I, too, was confused by why we were supposed to change the jewelry from one card to another card, with the exact same size, color, everything?! Even the bar codes were the same! As if this huge ridiculous repack project wasn't enough, I now have been informed that I have another repack project upcoming, for watches?! IS THIS TRUE? Please tell me no, because we are also coming up on another reset? The insanity never ends with this company.
Not to mention the lovely cut in hours, once again!
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2011 :  7:21:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm wonderin what your experience was like doing this recard project?
Did you request and get help?
Did they help you complete your work within guided schedule provided?
Any other comments or information about this?
Go to Top of Page

TBozakJr
Apprentice

Louisville, KY
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  7:22:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have recently quit working for them. The Field Service trainer was rude on the phone. She wanted me to stop what I was doing and meet her at a Target (for training) I Work for 2 other companies and none of my other bosses tell me what time I have to be at a store. Thats why I work merchandising to set my own hours. All they think of is $$ signs. My time is valuable and there is other companies that I enjoy working for.

Thomas
Go to Top of Page

Marion
Contributor

Goochland, Virginia
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  5:25:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also just started with Lawrence. My trainer gave me plenty of notice about a training time at Target. I found the trainer to be knowledgeable,patient, extremely pleasant and very helpful. Time will tell if this will be a positive experience.

Marion
Go to Top of Page

Dawnann

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2011 :  07:21:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For the most part I've enjoyed working for LMS and have been doing it for six years with two Target stores. Taking care of the jewelry is pleasant enough. The big problem for me is the pay.

I started out with seven panels in each store with one visit per week. Now I have fourteen panels in each store, have to visit them twice a week, and I'm making $5 less per week in each store than I did six years ago! Twice the product, LESS money, plus twice the gas.

There's also more to do: Take pictures and upload them, more survey questions (and now my region is testing a new system so we're entering everything twice), more updates and emails and problems to fix....just more administration time on the computer at night.

Now my stores are going to remodel, and I know for sure one is going down to ten panels and I'm pretty sure the other will be the same since the two stores have been alike all along. There goes another pay cut.

I've been a good worker and that never amounted to anything either. Whether a rep is a perfectionist or one who cuts corners and doesn't do the job right, they make the same money.

I work for a couple of other companies and while one hasn't increased the pay, it's a couple dollars more per hour than LMS. The other company gives raises every year and while it's not much, it's now surpassed the LMS pay rate and at least I can look forward to it being a little higher come June.

I realize merchandising isn't some high-paying career and there are no benefits, but I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd work at a job for so many years and have the pay spiral downward more and more.
Go to Top of Page

Freesia26

NY
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2011 :  11:14:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I so agree with you! I have just about had it with paper, ink, gas, supplies, extra survey sites, no one answering emails, no one answering messages.

I only wish there were more jobs in my area with other companies.

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Marion
Contributor

Goochland, Virginia
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2011 :  5:31:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone else have problems with the Lawrence site. Half of the time it won't take my log-in and often when finished with a report the page just dissappears with notice out of acceptance. The work is fine....just the computer end is driving me crazy.

Marion
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl S

Paterson, NJ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2011 :  7:08:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Don't stress it.. New computer system coming up. My region is testing it. Trouble is no one has asked us what we think of the system.
The idea of testing is to get the kinks out before it rolls out to everyone.
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2011 :  9:52:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used to work for LMS, I thought they went under. I liked what I did for them. I hated the new web site and jumping through hoops. I always had a great relationship with the person I was assigned ( I went thru alot of them).

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  08:19:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So, what's your personal experience with scheduling calls & the new website?

Will this be a change for you?

What is the best way to implement the new program?
Go to Top of Page

Dawnann

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  07:22:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm not too thrilled with having to pinpoint my schedule, it's taking away a lot of the flexibility we need as merchandisers. Most of us work for more than one company and sometimes things take less or more time than we thought and we have to shift and juggle the schedules in any given week.
Go to Top of Page

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  07:32:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What I do is schedule my 2 Target visits for Tues and Friday and all other visits for the last possible date. You can report earlier, but not later. That way if I feel like going on Monday it is ok. rather than schedule it for Monday and the I HAVE to go on monday. It is a pain though and I really don't see why they need to do it this way, but oh well. We are just the worker bees.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl S

Paterson, NJ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  07:42:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree its annoying that we are mandated to do the reschedule on Sunday.

I also discovered its best to scheule everything for the last day possible. Just remember you can't overlap times. I move the small projects first & then scedule my Target at the end of the day.

I still can't find a printer friendly list of my weekly schedule. The one I found prints with everything shaded behind it. So I have a choice of using my yellow up or having it tough to read in shades of gray.

I was a little upset that during Beta they never ever asked us for opinions or suggestions.
Go to Top of Page

Dawnann

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  08:54:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you have Facebook they now have a page. The link is on the http://www.mylmsvc.com/ page under the LMS Community tab. That's one place where they would probably read opinions of the "fans" who "like" the page.
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2011 :  6:16:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't believe you are 'mandated' or 'forced' to reschedule on Sunday. You can reschedule anything loaded on your site as long as you are scheduling plus 8 hours out. I rescheduled two weeks of jobs and it worked fine when I did it. They load all the jobs for the week on 8 am on Monday so that is why they say midnight, Sun.
In addition, you can change the job time you initially rescheduled.
I believe, as long as you reschedule 8 plus hours out you are okay. For instance...they loaded a job for Monday, 8 am. On Sunday, you reschedule a job for Tuesday at 8 am. On Monday, you realize you are doing the job on Wednesday at 8 am. You can reschedule it, as long as you reschedule greater than 8 hours out..so you have reschedule before Monday at midnight to make the 8 hour window.
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  03:08:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Glad I went the other way when they were giving me the runaround about getting my paperwork that I faxed over 4 times from two different places. I figured if they wanted to do all that stuff for an $11 dollar job once a month, they could find someone else, my time is worth more than to mess with Ester saying she never got all my paperwork. I figured if they can never find my paperwork who knows if they will be able to find my check when its time to pay!
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  7:23:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any new comments about the new website?

What about recent jobs?

Any comments-pro or con?

This board has been quiet for awhile-just wondering what is new
with everyone?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums