Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Lawrence Merchandising Services (CRS/Lawrence) (Stravina)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

Cheryl S

Paterson, NJ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  09:59:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I HATE the new website. I have no idea why we have to reschedule our assigned tasks every week. It accomplishes nothing as far as I'm concerned. If you schedule as you think you can do & something happens so you don't do it, they start nagging you that your late.
I got threatend with being fired because I didn't return a phone call on Wednesday about a job that was due Friday.
Last week I spent over 5 minutes rescheduling everything to Friday so they couldnt complain.

We don't even have a way to print a good copy of our schedule. The only way I can do it, prints with shading behind everything. I don't need to waste my ink.
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2011 :  4:25:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just printed my weekly schedule and it's very readable with no shading except for the headers. I could adjust the printer choices so that the heading is not in a color (light green is the default.) Go to view calendar. Chose the week view. Then click on print. I like it. Very readable. Regarding the scheduling... I usually schedule my project work for the end of the week also. That gives you the flexibility to do it anytime between Monday and Friday. If you do a job on Monday but scheduled it for Friday, just report it for Monday.
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2011 :  8:59:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can't take this company seriously. I see postings on NARMS for maintenance on vacuum cleaners 4 times a year. I inquired since I'm already in these stores, then they said they wanted me to get paperwork notarized and all these hoops to jump through, for $40 dollars a YEAR! And its project pay so its not even possible to make more than that.

Get some real work for all those hoops Lawrence!
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl S

Paterson, NJ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  07:53:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's more of an audit of the vacumn cleaners, not a maintanance. If you're already in the store it should take you less than an hour so you'll be making more than the $10 per hour.

Just because they're only recruiting for that one job doesn't mean they won't have more later. They have been sending us on 1 hour projects which I hate. They seem to fill the Target positions fast, I've been assuming they've used the employees they had hired for the smaller projects.

The reason they need all that paperwork is they hire as employee,not an IC. I'm trying to remember how many companies I've filled out tons of paperwork for & NOthing came of it.
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  09:37:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Cheryl S

They have been sending us on 1 hour projects which I hate.

Hi Cheryl - I also despise the 1 hour projects.
My personal total time invested is always minimum 2 hours.
Count computer / preperation / looking for a manager / actual work / driving both ways. I'm giving up 2 hours for $6.50 after taxes? LESS Fuel! Ridiculus! When I quit, this will be a main reason.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  12:09:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes those 1 Hr. jobs suck, even if we did 10 a day it still is not enough to compensate for a days travel, hence the stay at home option and leave it to the people that don't mind them or really need the money (not like we don't).

The mathematics just don't work for us, we pass a lot of work up just because we don't schedule multiple projects in the same stores like other ppl do.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  12:22:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by MindyZ

hence the stay at home option and leave it to the people that don't mind them or really need the money (not like we don't).

Mindy - It was my understanding that if we refuse the 1 hour jobs that is their case for termination. Do you usually refuse them?
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  2:34:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Usually we do not apply to companies as employees, we do work for a couple but with the understanding that we work as IC's, the few companies that we do work for will work around this, why wouldn't they?, we work as a team, if I have work as a W-2 and hubby has an IC project we work both, a bargain for them but it beats staying home and watching t.v.

All monies come in as "ours" no one else to support, no pets, daughter out on her own just rent and bills, so why stay home and be bored?

Hubby handles the job department and reports and I take care of paperwork.

We recently stopped working for a company just for the fact that service calls had been "adjusted" to near nothing, yet the service area was the same, costs outweighed the income, hubby called to see what else they had, nothing so we quit.

As to refusing work with other companies I'm sure they will not appreciate it and may "punish" you or fire you, I would check to make sure, as stated in other posts our situation is different, we work what we want and we are leaning away from weekly service calls and concentrating on resets as they generally pay better and allow us to get travel in, hubby just got a call this morning and it looks like we'll be pretty busy working and traveling at least up till March, we enjoy that and get to see more of what's out there, if we were tied into service calls full time neither of us would be happy working because we would have to pass on traveling and more than likely have to accept lower paying jobs.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  4:10:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OK- NOW I understand - thanks for the explanation!
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
562 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  6:39:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just curious here,what is serviced in a Cost Plus by Lawrence?

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  3:45:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Greeting cards.
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  6:32:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone still working for this company. They posted an opening on NARMS for my area for servicing Target. What do they service in Target?

Also, what are they paying?

TIA for any information.

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2012 :  06:54:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Primary service in Target is costume jewelry. I have been servicing two Targets for them since 2004. I love this job and hope to have it for a long time. I don't know what the starting pay is. LMS hires you as an employee and pays by the project and is very fair with the amount of time they allocate for a specific job. I highly recommend the Target costume jewelry job.
Go to Top of Page

Sandie_CA
Valued Contributor

CA
USA
152 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  11:44:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, it sounds like I should go ahead and apply. Thanks!

Sandie * MSPA Gold
I have video equipment and love route shopping.
Go to Top of Page

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2013 :  10:36:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anybody still doing the Target costume jewelry or sunglasses for them ? I worked for them about ... oh 10 or 11 years ago and enjoyed it for the most part. I see the last post was from one year ago.
Just wondering what the status is with them this year.
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2013 :  5:40:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I use to work for them in the early 90's when we were employees and salary and all that. I LOVED doing the jewelry back then...we had a lot of freedom to do them however we wanted and could get very creative.
Go to Top of Page

DebsTN
Contributor

TN
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2013 :  2:42:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are a great company to work for.
Love them.
Easy steady work and always pay on time.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

Kyna

Titusville, FL
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2013 :  05:02:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Employed by LMS in Target. LOVE it!!!!!

Kyna
Positive thinking brings positive results!
Go to Top of Page

SherriJ
Apprentice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2013 :  11:01:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
RMS does sunglasses for Targets.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  4:21:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello.

Does anyone know how to gain access to our personal account (that contains our personal information) in Natural Insight (NI)? I think when I applied and got employed with LMS last year, I listed that I was okay with receiving text messages from them. Until 2 days ago, I have never got a text message from them in the entire 8 months I have worked for them. However due to a special project they have going on until the end of this month, I have been blasted BIG TIME with multiple text messages each day (for the past 2 days). Now that I see how it works, I would rather not get text messages announcing about current job call openings for this special project. So I was wondering if there was a way I might can go in NI and change this setting or is this something I have to have my DM do?

Nick
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums