Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Lawrence Merchandising Services (CRS/Lawrence) (Stravina)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

AngelaN
Valued Contributor

USA
134 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  8:06:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nick - I am confused. What does NI have to do with CRS Lawrence ? Are they connected ?
Go to Top of Page

Cathy O
Contributor

Richmond, MI
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2013 :  4:09:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think you have to have your DM do it now. They used to have the section where you could edit your profile, but it disappeared and the help section isn't any help at all because it tells what to do before they changed the site.

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2013 :  08:54:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I sincerely apologize to you AngelaN and Cathy O for replying back so late. I got hit with a ton of merchandising work since I asked my question on June 14th and I have fallen drastically behind in all of my email since then, so I have finally been able to sit down long enough to catch up on some of my email.

AngelaN, NI is the platform that Lawrence uses for us to enter our report data, yet I’m not sure if NI has a personal profile in there as well, that contains our contact information (address, telephone numbers) with an option that we WANT or DO NOT WANT to be contacted via text messaging. As I know some merchandising companies give you this option when you are hired.

Yet now that the special project is over, I do not get those text messages. WHEW!!! Yet I have received a couple of text messages since then, letting me know about a few new optional projects that were available in my area . . . which I was okay about receiving those 2 messages, as those were a manageable amount of text messages to deal with. Whereas back in mid June, it was irksome to get so many text messages per day (about 15), covering about a dozen locations in each text. :-(

So for now, I guess I will leave well enough alone, since I would guess I only received that many messages in a span of a couple of days, due to so many locations that were available to do that special project, where Lawrence needed coverage. However, thank you very much for your help, Cathy O. I appreciate it very much. If those text messages get out of control to the point I can not take it, then I will contact my DM to have her update my profile to stop the text messages.

Thanks again you two! :-)

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2013 :  07:24:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any updates on how it is to work for Lawrence?? I was just hired and want to know the good and bad....

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2013 :  08:38:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mary R.

Any updates on how it is to work for Lawrence?? I was just hired and want to know the good and bad....

Hello Mary,

Now that I have been working for Lawrence for over a year, overall I will say that they are a VERY GOOD company to work for. I enjoy doing my costume jewelry merchandising work for them at Target. They have always paid on time and I have never had a problem getting paid, nor have I ever had a payment issue of any kind. Plus they pay you for mileage whenever you work (on the same day) at any other location other than your home store (as long as you drive directly from one store to another store) . . . which I think is GREAT if I am covering for another Lawrence representative at another store. Plus Lawrence gives a nice bonus whenever you cover for another Lawrence representative at another store, when that store is more than 15 miles from your home. My District Manager and Field Trainer are GREAT!!! They have both been tremendously helpful whenever I have had a question or needed help. If they do not answer the phone when I called for help, they always returned calls promptly and they answer their emails promptly. I wish that every merchandising company I work for were as overall as AWESOME as Lawrence!

Now with that being said, to me personally, the sometime bad is having to do side projects that are not related to jewelry merchandising (since I was hired as a Target Jewelry Merchandiser) . . . i.e. having to do 1 time merchandising related projects in other departments and or at other non-Target stores. Sometimes the directions can be complicated and or confusing doing these side projects, which I do find it aggravating at times, whereas some of the side projects are easy and the instructions are easy to understand . . . yet doing these side projects is mandatory (when they are assigned to you). Yet overall, I would rather not do these side projects at all and prefer to just sticking to doing the jewelry merchandising. Luckily, most of the time, the side projects are at the Target store that I work at AND these projects usually only last for about 15 to 60 minutes and I would guess that I get about 1 to 2 of these projects on the average of once a month. Yet since these side projects are usually only 15 to 60 minutes long, I do not know why stores (Target and non-Target stores) do not make their employees do these side projects, since the employees are more familiar (than I am) with the products and how to merchandise and make the revisions that are needed in their store. So I especially do find it irksome that from time-to-time that I have to drive over to a non-Target store to do assorted non-jewelry merchandising projects that take 15 to 30 minutes, yet again, it is mandatory to do these projects when they are assigned to you. So again, I would rather not do them at all, since I have to read the instructions and try to understand what I have to do to correctly work and complete the project in the 15 to 60 minutes (for a 1 time only deal), and I also find it irksome having to make a special or make special trips to go to other Target and non-Target stores to do these projects . . . because to me, it is not worth my time or the extra hassle to get paid for these 15 to 60 minute projects, along with having to turn in a mileage report whenever I have to travel to more than 1 store per day just to do these 15 to 60 minute side projects, especially when there is only about 3 to 5 miles between stores, yet having to write a mileage report for these short calls. If I understand the company policy correctly (regarding work assignments), they have the option to assign you any merchandising project(s) within a 15 mile radius of your home and it is mandatory to work them, yet I still do not understand why some of these projects are mandatory and why some are optional. Optional meaning that you have the option to accept them or to decline them at various times.

In regards to my last post, Lawrence has stopped texting us about new optional non-mandatory projects, but they (or at least my District Manager) will send us 1 email per day to notify us that we have 1 or more optional side projects that we can sign-up for. Yet as long as the optional side projects in your area are not accepted by another representative, there will be a notification on Natural Insight (NI) once you logon to NI, to notify you about these optional side projects if you want to accept them.

Okay Mary, I hope this information helps you. Yet as you can see, I love doing my jewelry merchandising work, but I pretty much HATE doing those mandatory side projects, yet the bottom line is for me, I think that Lawrence is a WONDERFUL and OUTSTANDING merchandising company to work for! :-)

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2013 :  07:06:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info Nick!

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Cathy008

OH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2013 :  3:49:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any updates on this company?
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2013 :  7:32:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They were just awarded the Sunglass job in Target effective Jan 1. They are also changing their pay from project to hourly, effective Dec, 2013.
Hours have been cut and pay is reduced. You will have to decide if it is worth it to work for them. Regarding their reliability and pay: They are golden. Pay has never been an issue. They have worked with Target over 50 years and are a solid company.
Go to Top of Page

Lillian
Apprentice

Milwaukee, WI
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2014 :  06:54:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just an update: Yes they won the sunglass contract but only give us an hour and half to service it, the other company that did sunglasses the reps had 7 to 9 hours!! They have cut our jewelry hours also, I used to 10 tp 12 per week now it is an hour and a half and some stores are no longer serviced on a weekly basis. If you see job openings (there are alot) because so may Reps are quitting, our work load is the same yet they have cut our hours by 80% or more!! They used to be a great company, now they could care less about the Reps.

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

WendyG
Star Contributor

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2014 :  8:15:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used to work for this company 6 or so years ago. It was a really nice position then. Then they wanted to expand their merchandising contracts. What broke it for me was they picked up a Job at a Home Improvement store where for $10.00 you had to climb a ladder and take down the big ceramic pots and stock them. SAY WHAT!!!! I signed up for small jewelry and odd and ends, not 20lb ceramic pots on a ladder. The other job was merchandising the chain at a farm supply store. talk about dirty? That was after they cut back the Target hours the first time.

I knew back then they wanted the sunglass job but could never land it. They probably cut the competitions contract so much, that they finally got it.

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
626 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2014 :  11:41:35 AM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lillian

Just an update: Yes they won the sunglass contract but only give us an hour and half to service it, the other company that did sunglasses the reps had 7 to 9 hours!! They have cut our jewelry hours also, I used to 10 tp 12 per week now it is an hour and a half and some stores are no longer serviced on a weekly basis. If you see job openings (there are alot) because so may Reps are quitting, our work load is the same yet they have cut our hours by 80% or more!! They used to be a great company, now they could care less about the Reps.

We NEVER had 7-9 hours to service a sunglass display. It varied depending on the size of the display, anywhere from 2-4 hours per week if you serviced once a week. If you serviced more than once, the time per visit was shorter. We were paid by the project, and I really miss doing sunglasses for RMS. The pay was great. I still work for RMS, I am a project merchandiser for LMS, but so far, only done one project for them because they are never available to do on a day or time I can do them.

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page

Cathy008

OH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2014 :  12:03:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for RMS and LMS since 2005. The Target store I serviced was considered a high volume location, and from March through September with RMS I serviced it 3 times a week for approximately 3 hours each visit. Now with LMS, I service the same location 3 times a week but for only 1.50 hours each visit. Barely enough time to maintain the displays correctly, do requird counts if needed and put out some stock.

The stores were told that they were to stock between service visits but they simply do not have the personnel to do this.

In the fall, this location will drop to a once a week visit. I guess I should feel lucky - some locations will drop to every other week schedules after September.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisS
Contributor

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  4:47:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone here working on the women's shapewear project at the world's largest retailer? How's that going for you?

Chris S.

Providing merchandising and related services to Southeastern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisS
Contributor

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  4:50:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone here working on the women's shapewear project at the world's largest retailer? How's that going for you?

Chris S.

Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  5:00:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually the shapeware project has gone pretty well. Everyone I've dealt with has been nice. I could have stomped that tag gun yesterday, but for doing 4 stores I can't complain.
Go to Top of Page

Larry Estep

Rantoul, IL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  5:53:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else been forced into Wal Mart jobs lately? It seems they are getting larger jobs such as the recent women's dept. repackaging and they aren't taking no for an answer, even if the jobs are 6-8 hours or more.

In my situation, my store was slated for 8.25 hours. I sprained my knee a few weeks ago and I knew that this would be a challenge for me. Normal 1-2 hour assignments have been fine, but I'm wearing a knee brace so I am trying to take it easy. I replied back to an e-mail confirming that I could do the store they assigned me explaining this. I never got any materials for the assignment so I assumed it had been removed from my schedule.

The next thing I know I get a notice that my service is past due, and I explain the situation and then Human Resources tells me I have to supply a doctor's note or I can't complete other assignments. I was reminded it was my duty to report my injury (even though it wasn't work related) and that as a merchandiser with LMS I agree to assignments up to 5 hours (this one was longer) and it just felt very impersonal and like they are desparate to get these jobs completed.

Long story short, I made a special visit to my doctor to get them to FAX in a work restrictions form, even though my total workload in recent months has just been a few hours a month. I think it was all a little ridiculous. We used to be able to say no to large assignments, but now it seems we will be expected to do them or else. Anyone else have a negative experience with LMS in recent months?

Larry
Go to Top of Page

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2014 :  5:25:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've had two Walmarts put on my schedule for some kind of project that has me putting two ride along toys together. I don't do assembly, I'm not good at putting things together so I don't know how these things are going to turn out.

Anyone have these? How did it go?

Mark
Go to Top of Page

ChrisS
Contributor

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2014 :  6:40:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Larry,

Had I known the time requirement for the women's shapewear job, I probably wouldn't have signed up with Lawrence. Like you, I never received the materials for the visit, and then it took 2 business days for someone to respond to my voicemail and e-mail where I informed them I had no materials. They apologized and informed me that they would send materials and allow for a reschedule the week after the original due date.

Unfortunately, a number of my part-time employers like to think that I am only in their employ and can (and must) drop everything to service their projects. Somehow they forget that most of us only do this as supplemental income to a more permanent job, or as just one job among many. A six, or eight, or ten hour job (or one with a set time or day) isn't going to work for many of us.

If we had to survive only on what one company pays us, we very well might be living in a cardboard box next to the dumpsters of the stores we service. Many acquaintances think it's great I have so many streams of income... if they only knew the harsh realities they wouldn't be so quick to praise it.

I've often experienced scheduling conflicts due to this at Christmas and Easter. And let's face it - most department managers would much prefer a large reset/repackage take place in an off season. In addition, my store is preparing for inventory, so I may not even be allowed to perform the repackage and/or reset until inventory is completed.

ChrisS

Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2014 :  03:59:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got 2 of the assembly jobs also. I'm getting the assembler at the store in on it. I can put things together but it seems dumb for me to drag tools etc. in there when that's what they get paid for.
Go to Top of Page

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
626 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2014 :  04:11:56 AM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was assigned a project, and had no idea it was assigned to me until I got an email yesterday stating I was late on the project. I responded back that I didn't know I had a project due, and if they are going to do that, please email me. The response I got was asking if I was on vacation, and if so, I needed to give 2 weeks notice. I said no, but said don't schedule me for something without my knowledge because it may not fit in my schedule. I have only done one project for them, so I expect they will "fire" me or something, because I haven't heard back. I don't check their website real frequently, and when there are projects, I usually can't pick them up because of the time frame-either they have to be done on one particular day, and I am working that day, or they are extremely long projects (like the lingerie one), that I can't fit into my schedule, or at stores that aren't very close.

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums