Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Lawrence Merchandising Services (CRS/Lawrence) (Stravina)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

ChrisS
Contributor

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2014 :  6:35:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kim,

Experiencing similar issues here. Didn't realize I was assigned to the toy job until earlier this week when I signed into NI, and saw I was overdue on the job. I hadn't received any notification about this job.

Chris S.

Providing merchandising and related services to Southeastern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
628 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2014 :  07:44:50 AM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
They let me reschedule it for later this week, but I told them not to schedule me for stuff I didn't sign up for, because I may not be able to complete it in their timeframe. I work a full time job, and have 2 regular, weekly merchandising jobs, and I only wanted to work for them for a little bit of extra money, or to possibly get a sunglass job again.

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page

Larry Estep

Rantoul, IL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2014 :  7:35:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Things have definitely changed somewhere upline. Did anyone else get the greeting cards at home improvement store chain back after being gone for several years? That project is 50 minutes capped in store, and what the client wants done in that time is pretty amazing. The client never seems satisfied. 24 ft. of cards is alot to service in less than an hour and make it presentable.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2014 :  2:36:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was "surprised" by the Walmart assembly jobs. I had finished all of my work for the week by Tuesday. I just happened to check the website and found the two jobs sitting there. If I hadn't looked I would have been late on them.

Saying that, I just looked at the assembly instructions and wow. I don't do this kind of work, I'm not mechanically inclined so I don't know how these things are going to turn out. I'm not sure why a merchandising company expects merchandisers to become assemblers and I'm sure there are going to be a lot of reps struggling with this job.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2014 :  6:02:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got 2 of those assembly jobs. The whole thing was kind of a nightmare. One store is being remodeled so who knows when these things will be unleashed there. The other store got one that was already assembled but not the other. I've checked a couple times and they can't find the pink car.
I'm hoping they're both done by the time I get back there.
Go to Top of Page

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2014 :  6:46:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm hoping mine is done as well. The kicker is, I precalled one of my stores, spoke with an AM and set up a date to do the job. When I got home the job had been removed from my schedule. I still have another store to do but I'm wondering what happened to the missing store. Am I going to get yelled at when I go in there for something else?

Mark
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2014 :  6:54:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd contact your manager. I think you at least should know what happened when you made an attempt to complete the job. I'm not too bad on assembly but where in the world would you even do it? The assembler has their own area but I'm not sure if they'd let you use it.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2014 :  08:28:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
To change the subject for a very brief moment . . . Did anyone receive a settlement check recently from the class action lawsuit Green V. Lawrence? I just received a settlement check in the mail yesterday. I had read about this lawsuit several months ago, but I did not keep up with it. If you do a Google search under [Retail services company settles wage-and-hour dispute] you should see an article published by Reuters about this lawsuit. It is an interesting and not a long read. I am not sure if settlements are/will be issued to non-Californians, since this lawsuit was in regards to our California labor laws.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

ChrisS
Contributor

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2014 :  4:28:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else having issues with declining jobs in NI, and then having them assigned to you anyway? Not to mention sending e-mails to management about this that they apparently are not receiving. Now I'm being marked late on jobs that I declined.

Chris S.

Providing merchandising and related services to Southeastern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2014 :  6:03:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisS

Is anyone else having issues with declining jobs in NI, and then having them assigned to you anyway? Not to mention sending e-mails to management about this that they apparently are not receiving. Now I'm being marked late on jobs that I declined.

Chris S.

Chris, I was told you would be given the opportunity for stores within a certain range of your home. If you turned them down and then all other reps close by turned them down they would automatically be distributed to the closest reps. So if there was a store near you no one was taking it would get dumped onto your schedule.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Larry Estep

Rantoul, IL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2014 :  7:33:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yeah this is not how it worked in the past. If everyone turned them down then they went to recruiting. It seems these 12 hour plus 2 people team repackaging assignments are being dumped on reps even after declining them. These jobs are estimated to involve 1000 pieces and most of us have other jobs that take precedence. The e-mails tell you that it is within your 15 mile territory, but I thought first of all that discount store jewelry reps could be required to do jobs at other stores within a 5 mile radius of their permanent store (I am not a permanent jewelry rep) and also that they could only make you take jobs up to 5 hours? It seems like more and more of these involved long jobs are hitting and they probably need a special team of people who can and will do those.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2014 :  3:27:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any updates??? They are advertising for a rep to service a Target near me with no description of what line(s) in Target or hours- except part-time and "other stores and projects within a 15 mile radius" and no mention of what the pay may be either. After reading the last page and a half of comments in this thread, I am leery.
Go to Top of Page

LindaNell
Trainee

Barto, PA
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2014 :  5:08:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for Lawrence for almost 5 years. I loved it. Work was merchandising jewelry in Target. There were other side projects on occasion, all within 15 mile radius of your home. Would love to get that job again here in Florida. Always looking, but so far no luck. Give it a try and see what you think.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Darla61

Phoenix, Az
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2014 :  07:14:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have work for this company for about two months. My DM"S have been great, no problem with pay. The jobs are not that hard.

Darla H.
Go to Top of Page

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2014 :  9:40:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've worked for this company for almost 13 years. They pay on time and the DMs are generally easy to work with. The work is not hard.

However, they do not believe in raises. The only raise I got was about ten years ago when they bumped the starting pay up by 50 cents. I've asked about raises only to be told pay raises are frozen.

They recently cut the time given for the costume jewelry by about one fourth of what it was and now we have to do sunglasses as well(for about the same amount of time as they give for jewelry) which means we do more work for a lot less pay.

They also expect you to report your actual time in store, which means for me, since I've been there as long as I've been, I'll make less money than someone who has just started. I was told they will audit employees by viewing store security footage to see if we're really there for as long as we say. I don't know if this is true or not.

This could be an ok job for someone new since they don't know the frustration I've encountered. But for me it is aggravating that I've worked so hard for them for so long only to see my reward end up being less pay.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2014 :  10:28:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So what happens if you cannot get the sunglasses done along with the jewelry in the time that they give you? They don't give you any time for the sunglasses, they just expect you to do it in the same time you were given just to do the jewelry and even that time has been reduced? Are you kidding me? And telling/threatening you that they will look at Target's security tapes? What?????? What brainyak thought that lie up to try and scare reps? Target is under no obligation whatsoever to let them see those tapes nor to provide them with any info from the tapes. In fact, I am pretty certain that is not even legal. Wow. I have heard of some nonsense but that is just unreal.
Go to Top of Page

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2014 :  08:24:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue, sorry I wasn't more clear in my post. They do give extra time for sunglasses but combined time for jewelry and sunglasses is less than half the time they used to give for just the jewelry.

Also, LMS is very bad about coming up with "official" policy and then changing it. They've done this so much I sometimes don't know what it is they expect. Also, they claim these decisions have come directly from Target as Target pays them to have us come into the stores for service. This would make sense as Target doesn't pay their employees well and expects them to do a ridiculous amount of work in a little bit of time.

They told me if we can't get all of the merchandise onto the floor to simply put the remainder in our storage area. They said Target expects some product not getting worked. They said we could ask for extra time if needed. However, I was also told that if a rep makes it a habit of not getting their work done in a timely matter they could be replaced. So again, I'm not sure exactly what they want...other than more work for less pay.

To say I'm frustrated with LMS is a massive understatement. 13 years, nary a complaint and I'm rewarded with less pay and more work.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2014 :  2:53:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Another thing I forgot to mention is they use counts to track our time. When we stock jewelry and sunglasses we have to record the quantity of what we stock and what we put in our storage area. They then can compare our counts to what the store was supposed to have received that week. So if we say we stocked 150 pieces and the store says they only received 50 pieces they'll question us. And there is a certain allowance towards our time, that is, if we say we were in the store for 2 hours and we only stocked 5 pieces of jewelry they'll question us. They are using multiple ways to track our time.

They've also made us answer a survey about what kind of cell phone we have and if we have tablets so I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't going to go with some kind of check in/check out process using our cell phones and/or in store reporting. Of course this is just speculation but it wouldn't surprise me.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Larry Estep

Rantoul, IL
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2014 :  7:13:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone picked up the lithium battery removal projects? Read the instructions. They get a little crazy. There is an MSDS sheet and instructions to call the fire department and evacuate the area if the batteries are too hot to touch upon removing them. Then we are supposed to go to an open area away from traffic and people and separate the batteries for shipment, and again same directive...leave area and call FD and stay on scene to give them MSDS sheet then call a hotline if all this occurs for further instructions. Wow.

Larry
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2014 :  8:23:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have 2 stores. I cannot print the instructions. Link doesn't work (is not linked?). IMHO this is overkill. Someone, somewhere in the USA said they received a shock from this display. I have already disconnected this display in 4 CVS for another company. (not taken out the batteries or shipped them back, however.) I am a conspiracy thinker. Maybe, a competitor of Gillette voiced the shock issue...??? you know...the display was very eye catching and they decided to get it removed/killed. Just my 2 cents...LOL about my theory, not LOL about anyone hurt by this display...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums