Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Lawrence Merchandising Services (CRS/Lawrence) (Stravina)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2014 :  2:20:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
On page five of the battery removal job it says not to use tools or sharp objects to cut the tape on the batteries and then it immediately says to use scissors to cut the tape....

I have four of them to do and I don't know what to think. I'm not getting paid enough to work with something that involves me calling the fire department. And it only pays for 40 minutes??

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Darla61

Phoenix, Az
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2014 :  5:53:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Don't stress the battery job, very easy. Most stores have disconnected the displays already.

Darla H.
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2014 :  8:19:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Easy job. I use scissors to cut the tape on the batteries. One cut making sure I just cut the tape and then I just peel the batteries off the tape. Instructions are scary but the job is not and is easy.
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2014 :  06:08:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did 3 yesterday and did not have a problem. Biggest deal was finding a Fedex ground shipping store in the area I was at.
Go to Top of Page

Cathy O
Contributor

Richmond, MI
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2014 :  11:51:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone else having problems getting the return envelopes and boxes. I haven't received anything and of course never get a response to any of my emails. Have sent three in the last week.

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

AnnCamp
Contributor

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2014 :  08:27:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For the last few months I had been servicing Marian Heath greeting cards in Menards. I recently got a notice that they (guessing MarianHeath)are making "other arrangements" for some stores- my stores were included. Does anyone know what happened? Anyone know what company is picking up the lost stores?

Ann
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2014 :  08:48:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ann-

Probably a change of service providers.

However it also could just be that the store is going to service themselves.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Cathy O
Contributor

Richmond, MI
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2014 :  11:37:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a friend that just got hired to do the cards in Menards and she does it directly for Marian Heath

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

AnnCamp
Contributor

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2014 :  07:27:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cathy,
Do you know how your friend got the job? I don't see any way to apply on their website.

Ann
Go to Top of Page

Cathy O
Contributor

Richmond, MI
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2014 :  06:00:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
She said they called her, found her on Narms. Do they have a phone number on their site, if so I would call and see if they can connect you with anyone.

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

Darla61

Phoenix, Az
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2014 :  11:34:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marian Heath is hiring their own merchandisers now.

Darla H.
Go to Top of Page

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
626 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2014 :  07:40:51 AM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am still having problems with getting scheduled things I didn't sign up for. I got scheduled for a 3 hour project at some Target over 15 miles from my home. My schedule the week it was given to me was full, because I had a huge project at one of my other merch jobs that required me to work on what would normally be my day off, and the next 2 weeks, I was on vacation. It was taken off my schedule, but I was told that I have to request vacation time, I am only given 4 weeks a year, and only 2 weeks in a row. I am a project merchandiser for them, and I don't think I should need their approval to take time off, considering I only have done about 4 projects for them this year, mostly because of time involved or distance from my house. I am not driving more than 10 minutes for a 30 minute job that will only make me $5.

I really wish RMS could get the sunglass contract back; I miss doing it, and the great pay. I work 4 jobs and make less than I did when I was doing sunglasses at 4 stores.

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2014 :  3:25:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kim,

I am bit confused. Who do you have the 4 weeks vacation with Lawrence or your other merch job?

This is the way alot of companies are becoming. If you won't do it someone else will for less then we are paying you.

It's getting pitiful in this industry.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2014 :  10:46:13 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a recruiting email via what was NARMS with a Target store mentioned. It clearly stated the job would be part time. When I went to apply, I read some of the fine print most people skip over, I saw a reference to a non-compete clause. It was not included in the paperwork, but was implied as binding.
That made me nervous and I stopped the application process.
IMO, the application process was way to long any way. Parts of it asked similar questions in different ways that the answer was the same.
Now that I read some comments here, I am glad that I stopped when I did. Thank you one and all.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Cathy008

OH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2014 :  06:06:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are having trouble recruiting people for an October through December (and possibly into January) position in Target stores stocking and servicing the Shoe Department and Women's RTW.

It is a 20 hour per week commitment (day specific with 5 hour shifts) requiring instore time scan to verify that you were actually there for the entire time.

Many of their current jewelry/sunglass reps have turned down the opportunity, so if someone is looking for holiday work have them apply.
Go to Top of Page

Cathy O
Contributor

Richmond, MI
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2014 :  11:59:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've done part time work for Lawrence for several years. They are good to work for, never had any problems.

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
452 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2014 :  4:22:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got 5 emails today from recuriters for Lawrence for that Target job.
In the email 1 recuriter posted what the pay was.
The pay is the same amount that I made working for Lawrence from 1994-2000 doing jewlery.
The email said that If hired you would have to take all the stores in the area. Which in mine is 3.At 5 hours per store thats 15 hours a day. I don't think so.
Would leave no time for my other jobs.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Darla61

Phoenix, Az
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2014 :  1:34:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for LMS for about five months. They have been great to work for, good supervisors, always pay on time. I took one of the extra Target jobs.

Darla H.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2014 :  11:59:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Changing the subject for a few moments, I was wondering if anyone is having trouble uploading photos (i.e. photos of the vendor log, the jewelry showcases/panels, and sunglasses panels) lately in Natural Insight (the computer platform for LM)? About 8 months ago (using my Firefox browser) I had uploaded photos of the vendor log and my jewelry panels, yet I noticed viewing the last screen just before I submitted my report, I had made a mistake in some of the information I had entered. I went back to correct the information, but when I went back to view my final screen/page before submitting my report, I got a message saying: You have photos that are currently uploading. Please wait (0/2). After patiently waiting about 20 minutes, nothing happened/was happening. After struggling trying to fix this problem on my own for about 30 minutes, I called LM's computer support number. The tech guy told me to clear my cache, which I did, but that did not fix the problem. Then he asked me what browser was I using, I told him Firefox. He told me to use Internet Explorer to upload my photos and submit my report. That worked fine and fixed the problem. I kept using Firefox, over the next 8 months, but I noticed I only got the message: You have photos that are currently uploading. Please wait (0/2), IF I went back to make a correction (from the final screen you get before you submit your report). So as long as I did not make any changes from that final screen, all of my reports were submitted without any problem (during the past 8 months), yet whenever I needed to make a change before submitting my report, I had to logon to Internet Explorer, make my changes, and then submit my report. Now just last week, Internet Explorer is giving out that message of: : You have photos that are currently uploading. Please wait (0/2), WITHOUT my making any changes, as I was waiting to get to the final screen to submit my report. Now I am having to use Google Chrome to submit my reports. I cleared out my cache on both Firefox and Internet Explorer and I am using the latest browser for both, yet I am still getting that message with both browsers, without making any changes, but just waiting to get to the final screen/page so I could submit my report. So now I am wondering if anyone else is having this trouble AND found a fix, before I call the LM tech guy again. Because once I start having this problem on my Google Chrome browser, I will no longer be able to submit reports. :-(

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2014 :  12:13:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Nick
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums