Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Lawrence Merchandising Services (CRS/Lawrence) (Stravina)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2015 :  12:30:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had no idea what to expect for submitting the I-9. It took quite a while to complete the process. I was told something different than what actually happened. But I am in now and waiting for NI login. I was hoping they would do that since I completed my new hire but they haven't done anything yet. There is work in my area too!

~ How long does it take them to give the NI login info?

>>> edited to say it takes several days to get the login and you have to watch a video, print a bunch of stuff and take a test. They sure did make it complicated. WOW!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Cathy O
Contributor

Richmond, MI
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2015 :  06:42:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't have to go through all that when I was hired but it was several years ago. My friend just got hired by them recently and complained about the same as you. I think she waited about 2 days for her log in. Not extremely long. If it's longer than that I would contact who ever sent you the information and find out.

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2015 :  7:34:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have to say my position with Lawrence has been very good so far. Communication is great.... pay is right on and I have no complaints. YAY!!
Go to Top of Page

Gene Grubbs
Contributor

Illinois
USA
95 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2015 :  5:14:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been doing some work for them for a couple months and have had no problems.

Only doing giftcards at a couple locations with some quarterly and seasonal things here and there.

Pay has been accurate and on time, and always been able get quick replies to any questions.

As I only work a few hours a month, I do use my own tablet rather than a company issued device, but I was offered the option of one if I needed it.
Go to Top of Page

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2015 :  10:12:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
14 years I worked for them and you know what that got me? Less pay for a LOT more work with NO opportunity for any advancement. Sure, they're a lovely company to work for.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2015 :  1:34:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for them about a year ago and just had to get the I9 filled out and signed. I reapplied just to see what would happen and they wanted to hire me (I think mainly for future business, but the store addresses they mentioned were Sheetz and Giant Eagle). I filled out most of the paperwork, but when I got to the I9 portion I declined the job. They expect you fill out the paperwork out including your "authorized agent's" email address. The AA in turn receives an email containing a link which they have to fill out your driver's license and other identifying info then attest to their validity and submit it to Lawrence. Then I have to send to copies of ID docs to their onboarding through email. I've known my neighbor for most of my life, but neither of us wanted to get into that. Not worth it for the amount of work I got from them.
This stuff is getting out of hand!
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Salida, Colorado
USA
179 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2016 :  5:55:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
To MCBarb specifically:

Hi, Barb! I'd like to ask you a question, off-line, but there's no contact information for you within your profile. Would you be so kind and click on my profile and contact me via e-mail? (I've hit a major road-block with which I need help.) Thank you.

Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2016 :  07:48:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Avery, my email was returned. Sorry, I tried.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2016 :  08:53:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had the sporadic problem of Checking In/Out on their LMS tablet, only to discover later in your store visit, that the Check In/Out DID NOT take?

To avoid being marked as NOT checking in/out on our monthly Check In/Out LMS report, I have stared to log off and then log back on again AFTER I have Checked In, to make sure NI shows that I am checked in. However I had noticed (on day) after I had checked in and confirmed that I was checked in, when I when to check out 2 hours later, NI showed that I had not checked in. GRRRRR!

I was just curious to know does anyone else have this sporadic Check In/Out problem like I do? As I know that I am checking in and checking out for all of my calls since last December, to try to avoid being on the monthly LMS report as NOT checking in/out.

Yet I do find it maddening to get that monthly report stating that I did not check in/out, when I know that I did! However since I am doing my report on my LMS tablet in the store after each service, I am sure that LMS knows my GPS locations and time . . . which will match every service I did in my store at any given time . . . so I do not know why LMS makes a big deal with that monthly Check In/Out report. GRRRRR!

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2016 :  5:40:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think I have had the same issue but not 100% sure. I am not stressing about the check in and check out %. If I have issues getting into NI, oh well... I do the best I can.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2016 :  07:15:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing Laura. For me, I just find it irksome, since LMS CAN SEE via GPS that at least that a representative with their LMS issued tablet was at a particular store at any given time. If they want to give us grief, I think that it should be for NOT completing our report at the store . . . which I have always completed my report in the store after I completed the service (every since they issued me a tablet) . . . which backs-up (via the GPS) that I was at least at the store when I completed my report. Yet for them to keep tabs and make a monthly report of our checking In/Out is just an unnecessary pain in the butt and grief that is just not necessary . . . IMO.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2016 :  5:07:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here's a weird error that happened to me. I checked in at 1:01 PM and checked out at 1:31 PM for a job. When I got to the end of reporting, the system said my check in and check out times was 3:01 and 3:31. I didn't make any changes and the job took. (remember my actual time is 1:31 but it took anyway.) Later that day, I checked in and out of another job (around 3:30 my time) and received an error when submitting saying there was a time conflict from my earlier report. So I changed the times to 3:45 to 4:15 and got an error saying I cannot report in the future. But my first job took with the future time that the NI system generated! What a mess. I am looking forward to an email about this one also.
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2016 :  10:04:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey there Laura,

With all of that happening to your tablet, it sounds like LMS may be haunting your tablet. LOL!!! Thus far, I have not had that happen to me . . . yet. However I have noticed that the Check In/Out time is a few seconds off from the REAL time . . . i.e. if I check-in at 9:00 AM, it will do that auto-fill (which I finally see when I do my report after my service) and after I have checked-out, and the auto-fill time will be 8:59 AM . . . so I guess the check-in time is several seconds behind the real time on my tablet. Yet I always go back in and manually put the correct time in, as it makes it easier for me to keep track of my time.

Good luck to you, hopefully LMS will not give you grief about your time . . . yet it sounds like your tablet was in a different time zone, where you ended up having a 2 hour discrepancy. :-)

Nick
Go to Top of Page

AnnCamp
Contributor

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2016 :  10:22:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does Lawrence ever give raises?

Ann
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  8:58:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LMS used to give raises but not anymore, as far as I know. Re my tablets times.... still weird and multiple time zones. I could care less. If they want to fix they can. I have more important issues. (like the Target TL can't order pegs for the wall because that part number is no longer available!!!!)
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2016 :  07:56:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had 3 jobs on my schedule page for BHN. I did the jobs and went to report them the next day and they are gone. According to the DM, I have to call someone at Lmsvc to discuss the new policy for reporting late. I am not calling anyone except for the labor dept. I see why they have trouble keeping reps.
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
387 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2016 :  6:13:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MCBarb, Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2016 :  01:26:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've never worked for any merch or demo company where you didn't have to report your job/work the same day that you completed the work/did the job. So I am confused as to what the issue is. Does Lawrence normally let everyone report their work late? What is their policy regarding reporting? Did they provide that policy to their employees?
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2016 :  3:06:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Robt. Miller, thanks so much for the good wishes!! I am sure I have both the claim against TNG and Lawrence in my favor. I have done this before....
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1633 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2016 :  12:29:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ah yes, I got a call from an investigator with New York State Dept. of Labor Standards. Lawrence has got to put the jobs back on the website for me to submit my reports. That is why I do the work >>> so the client knows they have been serviced......Lawrence gets paid and I get paid. It is against the law to have them remove my jobs from the website. I did them!!~

He told me the same thing for TNG....they are going to have to pay me also!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums