Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Lawrence Merchandising Services (CRS/Lawrence) (Stravina)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2016 :  6:58:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I gave up on merchandising 3 years ago, and filed for Social Security disability. I got it without any problems. I didn't file until 6 months after I quit, since I was doing my farmers market. SSDI backdated my pay to the day that I quit merchandising.

Just 6 weeks ago, I started back with very light merchandising. Ended up starting out as an employee at $2.00 more per hour than I was making as an IC. Plus mileage and drive time.

Merchandising definitely wears a body out.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2016 :  12:58:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you BeverlyAnn. I will give the Vitamin C and the Reishi try. Yet I am very sorry for all of your health troubles that you have had to endure (dealing with the breast cancer).

In regards to when you said:

I ALWAYS kept hand sanitizer on hand and used it OFTEN!! We touch who knows WHAT in this business!!!

I agree with you 100%!!! I remember one day, a middle aged very, very sick woman came into the jewelry department shopping for jewelry . . . I guess she must have shopped for jewelry about 15 minutes before she left. Though I am no doctor, but with all of the sniffling and coughing noises she was making when she first entered the jewelry department, I knew that she was newly coming down with a cold or flu . . . plus she looked awful when I looked at her in the face and eyes (like you see when you know a person is very sick with a cold or flu).

Now with that being said, I can not believe this woman thought it was more important to shop for jewelry as sick as she looked to be, while spreading her germs all around it the store, rather than think about her own health and should have been driving home to get into bed rather than having a spending spree at Target that afternoon! IMO

Sue A, hopefully BeverylAnn recommendations will work for you.

MarlaB, good luck to you as you return back to the merchandising field. Hopefully if you keep things on a light level, all will work out okay and it will not be too hard on your body.

Nick
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1634 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2016 :  07:45:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am not thrilled about my "Employment " with Lmsvc. I had 3 stores but Blackhawk took them over to do resets. Now I have numerous annoying emails.... "We have work on NI." So they show all the jobs all over the state several times a week. Fro anyone signing up with Lawrence, it really isn't worth the signing up process. Not in my area anyways!!
Go to Top of Page

Cathy O
Contributor

Richmond, MI
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2016 :  6:02:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not very good around me either. They list stores that are over 40 miles one way and hardly anything in my area and I refuse to accept anything under one hour. Just not worth the effort to get less than $10 to do a job.

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2016 :  7:55:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LMS is the worst company I've ever worked for. Took away my area of coverage because the brainiacs thought it would be better to offer the work as "opportunities" instead of giving it to me, a rep who always did his job. This meant a severe drop in my pay and I had no expectations to get any of it back because they never offered any kind of advancement in their company. They don't know how to treat their reps and when someone brings up an issue they can't think for themselves, they instead release some scripted form letter that tries to make you think they are doing you a favor by trying to get your time for little compensation.

I wasted 14 years of my life working for this miserable company. If they send you an offer for work don't take it. Run from them.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2016 :  1:27:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't have a very good experience with them either. I was refused service at a restaurant they used to do greeting cards for because a bus load of people had just arrived. I called them and took pictures to prove my visit (it was a good ways from the house) and I was talked to very rudely by one of their people. I left and am not ever interested again.
Go to Top of Page

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2016 :  06:55:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm surprised they answered their phones for you. They used to be good at answering their phones but it seemed that it got to where, if I had an in store issue I could never get anyone on the phone. I would get a recording to leave a message and it said someone would call me back....as if I'm getting paid to wait in a store 4 hours for a call back. I assume the company is screwing their office workers out of pay like they did their merchandisers. I don't think their office is a good place to work because they were constantly going through employees.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Nick_S
Valued Contributor

Los Angeles, California
USA
166 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2016 :  6:36:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was curios to know if anyone that lives in California knows if the Californian employees of LMS are going to start getting the California minimum wage of $10.50 per hour starting on January 1, 2017 (since this new California law goes into effect on January 1, 2017)?

Nick
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums