Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Lawrence Merchandising Services (CRS/Lawrence) (Stravina)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

JJinNWIN
Contributor

Wheatfield, IN
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  6:05:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Heard back from my coordinator. The instructions have been updated today, and they include the POG. I said I would update you when I heard back, so be sure to check your call reports again.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

Donna Miller
Contributor

Newfane, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  6:56:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OH YUK!!! On my way to the call report!
Go to Top of Page

Donna Miller
Contributor

Newfane, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2004 :  7:27:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well I went and took a look..... I printed off the 2 POG's for the glasses, but nowhere did I see where we were to service them. I think the pictures are a guide so that we know what they are SUPPOSED to look like. I'll check them out, and will make sure I do some type of report on them when I do my call report. I can see it all now...
4 FD Baskets full of glasses sitting on the shelf...none on the fixture! Too funny! Actually, some of my stores are great with their glasses. They either have service or are doing it themselves.
Go to Top of Page

Donna Miller
Contributor

Newfane, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2004 :  05:33:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mary,
I missed that...where did you see it? And I wonder why it wasn't on the Newsletter for the month...I'm glad you said something, because I start my stores today and would have only looked and smiled!
Donna
Go to Top of Page

Donna Miller
Contributor

Newfane, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2004 :  07:38:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You are right Mary....I just heard from my co ordinator as I sent an email early this morning. We will survive it I'm sure! I intend to do what I can with them, but I still think the jewelry should come first. Actually...I'm almost relieved that we will at least be straightening the glasses, as they always look so horrid in most of the stores.
I happened to have the opportunity to work with the glasses rep on one of the fixtures, and it took her 2 hours. Personally, I have never done glasses before, and have no idea what it involves. I'll just do the best I can. I told the co ordinator I would take my camera along and send her some before and after pics...I thinks its important they see what we see. That way, if the issue of time comes up, which I'm sure it will eventually, they will be able to see what we are dealing with.
Go to Top of Page

Donna Miller
Contributor

Newfane, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2004 :  5:07:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mary,
I am going to spend my 10 minutes, take a pic and then write on my report what I accomplished in the 10 minutes. Most of my watches are still in locked cases, as many of my stores would not relinguish them due to the theft, and the ones with the shelving are mostly in boxes, so I can use the watch time too. Actually, although I'm not thrilled with the glasses inclusion, I am kind of looking forward to seeing what a fixture looks like all straightened up. I only hope that the store employees will go along with it, and straighten the glasses too. You will find I'm sure, the stores that keep the fixture nice will also keep the glasses nice. The ones that are wrecks will continue to be wrecks.
Go to Top of Page

JJinNWIN
Contributor

Wheatfield, IN
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2004 :  05:52:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Donna, I like your idea of taking pictures. I have one store that I only could accomplish cleaning up and straightening during my time, and ten minutes of stocking. That is because everything on the pegs ends up on the lower shelf. By the time I would get it straightened there would only be ten minutes to stock and they have totes and totes of product in back. They don't touch the display between visits and they are an A store. So with the inclusion of the glasses, I know there won't be time for getting new stock out. So I plan to take before and after photos this visit, and email them to my coordinator. It always looks nice when I finish, but no stock is getting put out. I'm not upset about this change, because we have an hour, and that is what I will give them. I just plan to really document what gets accomplished in that hour.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

Donna Miller
Contributor

Newfane, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2004 :  2:55:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
JJ and Mary
Well I did 4 of my stores today. The very first one had all their stock already on the fixture, and the glasses were done in 3 minutes. I timed it. It was only a few that had fallen onto the pegs that had to be put on. I just did my normal work, and moved my pegs toward working toward the schematic.
The next 3 had not had any service since November on the glasses and they had not put on any. After talking with the managers when I first got there, I told them to bring me what stock they had and I would put it on. They were so happy! At the first store, I proceeded to start to straighten the jewelry, when the manager brought over the glasses. I had 6 boxes. Seeing that 10 minutes was not going to be enough time...hehe...I made the decision to spend my time on the glasses and reset the total endcap as it was just about empty. I set 184 pairs of glasses.
At the next store, I set 197 and the last 197 pair. I called my co ordinator, and told her I had to make a choice...leave the glasses unset, and work 10 minutes each time, or do it all and try to guide them to what will be expected of each store. At the third store I went to, I ran into the District Manager. I told him I needed a bit of his time, and explained what we were to do from now on to him. He said they had not been told that we would be doing the whole rack, but he too thought that would be a good idea. I also stressed the point that the staffs were to continue to spend time on the fixture each day, and that it NOW included the glasses. I told him that having so many stores, I would appreciate any backing that he could give me if he were to hear any complaining.
He actually complimented me on my work, and said that although he didn't like the new way of doing the RR etc., he liked the fact that I had everyone working together, and that all my managers thought I was great for being so conscientious with the racks and caring that they looked nice. He said they had learned more from me than he had been able to teach them in all the years they had the old drums. Needless to say...coming from someone who really never took the time to speak...my head grew!! hahahaha But it was nice to hear a compliment.
So anyway, hopefully, now that the product is on the racks, next month I will spend the 10 minutes and that's it. I bluntly am telling them all, and I showed them our printout, with the time requirements, so they all know that what I'm saying is from MY company, at the direction of FD and there is nothing I can do about it.
And JJ...they hate it when I take pictures...but I tell them its a new set, and my managers want a before and after picture. I'm finding it makes them do a little thinking.
Actually, I really enjoyed doing the glasses today. It was a nice break!
Donna
Go to Top of Page

Donna Miller
Contributor

Newfane, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2004 :  3:46:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh Mary, I'm so sorry to hear that. I wish you would reconsider. Working for more than one company is not unusual for people who merchandise or mystery shop. I merchandise full time for four different companies, and mystery shop for about another nine more, and always try to work my visits together. I put in more than my allotted time too, but because I have so many stores, I always make it up somewhere.
My suggestion to you would be to write an email to cbailey and explain the situation to her first before you quit. She is very understanding, and you might even call her tomorrow and talk with her. My co ordinator is so great, so its hard for me to understand. I've never had a rude word from anyone there. Talk to cathy first...she's really great. Best of Luck!
Go to Top of Page

Freesia26

NY
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2004 :  4:23:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mary I have to agree with you. They don't care who they have working for them, just as long as the work is getting done their way. They can find more merchandisers a dime a dozen. I have been there 5 years.

Mary
Go to Top of Page

VickieB
Contributor

Mocksville, NC
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2004 :  6:33:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I have been following this post since its inception. Now I guess I'll throw in my 2 cents. I have found the company to be a bit flaky.

About 3 months ago, I was hired to do jewelry at Target. I received my paperwork and the Target jobs weren't listed. I called my coordinator. Turns out two people were hired for the same job! Oh well, everyone makes mistakes. So last month when I didnt receive any assignments, I called to see why. I was then offered 2 FD's. I must say I was a bit reluctant because I had been reading this very post. But I decided to give it a try. Well, I have yet to receive any assignments for those stores even though I called and emailed my coordinator.

Seems to me that they are very disorganized. Anyone else had these problems? Oh well, you can bet I'm not going to inquire further. I think it may be a blessing in disguise!!
Go to Top of Page

DonnaYarb
Valued Contributor

Bonaire, GA
USA
244 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2004 :  04:48:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just resigned from them myself this week. Since I wouldn't put together the FD gondalas(I'd never done anything like that and they were only giving five hours) I was told that I wouldn't get the preferred jobs. I managed to get a few for November, none for December, one for January and none for Feb. and March so I resigned. I am not going to rearrange my entire schedule because I got a last minute package to do a one hour job. They were also scheduling stores that were 5 hours away and then wanting to only pay for one hour. Even when I would call and email the coordinator to say I couldn't do the out of town ones they would still call me upset that I hadn't done them. I have no regrets resigning from them, there are too many companies out there to work for to worry about them.

Donna Yarbrough
MSPA Silver Certification # 4xkrhh
Shopping In Central Georgia
Go to Top of Page

Donna Miller
Contributor

Newfane, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2004 :  8:15:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Make sure you read ths weeks Newsletter!
Go to Top of Page

Freesia26

NY
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2004 :  3:02:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Why would they lose the Target account? My one Target store is up over 50 % from last summer and the other store is so glad I come in because their associates are too lazy to stock it even if there was no product out. I have heard no negative comments from management in fact just the opposite.

Mary
Go to Top of Page

scnFreeman

Fultondale, AL
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2004 :  3:44:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Same here. My store is so happy to see me when I come in. It makes me feel really good. The JTL said that she just does not have the time to get it out and I make her job really easy. She told me last week that the dept. was the 4th in the nation and that a large part was due to the panels that I service.
Go to Top of Page

JJinNWIN
Contributor

Wheatfield, IN
USA
69 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2004 :  03:24:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Same here. Every week the ETL at my Target tells me how nice the display always looks after my visits and how the flow of my panels just "make sense". My store went from one visit a week to two a week, after I serviced it for three months. We didn't lose Family Dollar because of our service. Even after five months, what improvement we noticed at the first of the year, had disappeared by this month. The store associates just did not have the time or interest in maintaining their displays and with such a cluttered mess, who could find anything to buy. Several of my managers had complained about not being able to get all the product on the displays and not having the time to maintain it. Weekly service definitely works better than monthly service with these displays.

Jean
Go to Top of Page

Carey

Broomfield, CO
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  5:34:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just finished my last FD jewelry/glasses visit. This was the one store that I loved to visit - the staff kept the fixture full and it sold so well that I was assigned to a weekly schedule. I met the District Manager for the first time. He did not know that FD Corporate was discontinuing the merchandising visits by Lawrence reps. He was flummoxed about it. How interesting that we outside reps know before the corporation's management does. Hmmmmm.
Go to Top of Page

Donna Miller
Contributor

Newfane, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2004 :  6:08:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Carey,
One of my managers told me that they had gotten a memo in the email that said the fixtures were going to be used for another purpose. He wasn't too happy, because now once again, as usual, more work and less hours for the FD associates. I suspected last month when the RR product started coming through on Distinctly Basic for the wall pegs. He also told me that the glasses were going to be put on a rotating rack again. That will be good for FD, so we'll have to keep our eyes open for the new jobs!
Go to Top of Page

Amanda320
Trainee

Georgetown
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2004 :  06:13:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been working for Lawrence for a couple of years now and am new to this site, and I agree with Donna that Lawrence is a great company. What I was told is that they did not lose the Family Dollar account, but Family Dollar actually decided to stop carrying most of their costume jewelry. As for Target, I have heard nothing but good remarks from my store.

Has anyone done the TRU resets? I did one and I found it to be one of the easiest projects I've ever done, but I think I may be one of the minority. Does anyone else have any input?

Amanda :)
Go to Top of Page

Freesia26

NY
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2004 :  4:49:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lawrence Service (CRS/Lawrence Services) recently cut merchandisers who do jewelry in Target stores. If reps had more than 3 stores they were cut to only 3. Now a friend of mine has been told they are cutting back to 2 stores only per rep. Is this happening all over the country?

Also, some of the employees who have been with the company for years
have been let go due to cut backs. Sounds like maybe there is trouble.

Mary
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums