Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Lawrence Merchandising Services (CRS/Lawrence) (Stravina)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

Amanda320
Trainee

Georgetown
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2004 :  07:49:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, from my understanding of the situation, Lawrence is getting ready for a busy season again and due to Federal Labor standards they had to cut back on the number of hours we are working in the Target stores so that we have time to do other projects without going over the hours. I heard it was nationwide and has nothing to do with performance-- I gave up one of my stores for this new policy. I hear there is lots more coming down the line pretty soon with them.

Amanda :)
Go to Top of Page

Brenda Schonig
Trainee

Higley, AZ
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2004 :  10:21:05 PM  Send Brenda Schonig an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did you all know that Lawrence was bought out by Stravina? and that a big shake up happened at Lawrence.....things have only gotten better recently

I am not sure what is happening all over the country but I have picked up a lot of Stravina wwork plus I have two stores. I was told by my area manager that they only want us to have two stores so we can pick up the extra projects and a lot of them are coming.......I know a big project in January that will be very involved.......I think they are a great company to work for, they pay on time and I love Julie, the Area 1 manager....she is fantastic to work for.

Happy Shopping In HOT! Arizona :-)
MSPA Silver #c3egp2
MSPA Gold #fcv4kd
Go to Top of Page

Jan24Fan

GA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2004 :  4:44:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That is wonderful I did not know that Lawrence was bought out, but i have been seeing ALOT of work fomr them this month. I too have a great area manager (Candy). And this is a great place to work !!

Janet
Go to Top of Page

Donna Miller
Contributor

Newfane, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2004 :  7:17:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If Family Dollar is shopping around for another company, it's news to the managers. Corporate sent some stores another fixture to appease them when Lawrence gave up the account. I asked our local manager today, and she just rolled her eyes. She said their corporate just would not pay to have merchandisers, because they could pay their employees less. To me that makes sense. When Lawrence Merchandising lost that account, it was from no fault of the merchandisers. It's just we get paid for what we work, and if they don't maintain the fixture, and it takes longer....corporate doesn't like that.
As to Stravina, it is true. That happened at the same time of the name change. We are getting wonderful jobs, and Stravina is great to deal with when the need arises. I know many of the merchandisers are really glad they stuck it out through "the good, the bad, and the ugly!" I love working for a company that is solvent enough to pay their employees every two weeks, instead of having to wait until they get paid, making it a month or more.
Donna
Go to Top of Page

Amanda320
Trainee

Georgetown
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2004 :  1:45:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, Family Dollar just declared bankruptcy, so I don't think they will be using many merchandising companies for a while. :) MaryL, I thought you haven't worked for Lawrence in quite some time? I am happy with the Stravina take-over. Everything has been going well since I started with Lawrence.

Go to Top of Page

Freesia26

NY
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2004 :  10:09:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have come to the decision that Lawrence Service is trying to push all their old reps out and hire new ones. Wonder what they pay the new reps now?

They certainly have changed from the company I was hired with 5 years ago.

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Jan24Fan

GA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2004 :  7:12:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do not believe that one bit. I have been with the company for awhile and I keep getting more and more work. This is a great company and I enjoy working for them.

Janet
Go to Top of Page

Jan24Fan

GA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2004 :  6:07:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Over 2 years.

Janet
Go to Top of Page

MaryL
Valued Contributor

Richmond, VA
USA
185 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  06:23:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is it this company's policy for a new rep to service only one Target store? That was my understanding when I worked for them, but they hired a new rep in my area. She started out with one store but now has 2 stores to service on a regular basis. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Jan24Fan

GA
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  3:24:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have 2 Target stores with them.

Janet
Go to Top of Page

DinaFTurner
Trainee

Conover, NC
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2004 :  11:58:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am just beginning in merchandising. I have applied online with CRS Lawrence. Are there any tips for getting your foot in the door, or do you just have to wait for them to call you? Do they happen to have a job board?
Go to Top of Page

Amanda320
Trainee

Georgetown
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2004 :  06:25:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a friend that started merchandising with Lawrence and she was only allowed 1 Target store for her first 90 days. After that, they said as long as the Area Leader said she was good, she could have more stores. None have opened as of yet.

I don't know what to tell you about getting your foot in the door with Lawrence Merchandising. I think it depends on what they have open, but I have been getting contacted about a lot of new projects, so you may be contacted soon.

Go to Top of Page

WendyG
Star Contributor

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2004 :  08:33:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I posted early about how I like working for this company. Just letting you all know that I still do. I can't wait for more project work from them.

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

Dave McCawley
Apprentice

Florence, MS
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2004 :  9:08:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello, everyone. I'm Dave, in Jxn, MS. I too work for Lawrence Merchandising, in Jackson, MS, at one Target store. I service the jewelry, (7 wall panels), magazines, and umbrellas. I also service Stravina products at two Toys R Us for Lawrence. I was doing a bunch of Dollar Stores, and boy was I happy when that came to an end. I'm glad to find other Lawrence merchandisers here. I agree with the majority of you folks. The Lawrence people that I've dealt with are really great, especially Samantha. I've met Denikka, and she is really good at what she does, as well. And very personable and friendly. I enjoy all the Target people that I come in contact with. They are easy to get along with, and they're helpful as all get out.
Now for a question or two. Is it just me, or do all of these projects take just about twice as long as the time allowed? It seems like every project I do that states you have two hours, takes me four or five hours. Try as hard as possible, it always takes me twice as long as it is stated.

Oh well, someone respond, I'd like to hear from you.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl S

Paterson, NJ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2004 :  3:34:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been working for Lawrence since the TRU reset in March. They're a great company to work for. I presently service 5 TRU weekly & 1 Target. They keep me busy.

I love that they pay per project & not by the hour for jobs. I work fast & efficiently & usually have time left over from the estimate which gives me a good hourly rate.

Anyone want to share hints & tips on how to service our stores better/ faster?
Go to Top of Page

.Trina1974
Inactive

Chicago, IL
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  8:31:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was thinking about signing up with this company because they have a few jobs in my area. Can anyone give me some recent information about this company. Do they have any pyment issues. Please

Tribina
Non-Ceritfied Mystery Shopper
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2005 :  11:39:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I service 2 Targets and one TRU for them. I love the company. Payment is like clockwork-direct deposit into my checking account. I highly recommend them.
Go to Top of Page

scnFreeman

Fultondale, AL
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  06:35:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Lawrence for almost 5 years. I have never had an issue with pay. It is direct deposit. I love my work that I do at Target. I also service a couple of Winn Dixie's and a TRU. Would highly recommend them!

Cheryl Freeman
Go to Top of Page

CarmenBolin
Valued Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
199 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  11:07:01 PM  Send CarmenBolin an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for Lawrence, doing a Target job, and loved it. However, they assign you (around here at least) an area, and if they get any other contracts in the area, they automatically give you those jobs too. Usually it wouldn't be a problem, but since I worked for several companies, they pushed me over the edge.

My Target was 5 hours a day, once a week when I started. After a while, it changed to 5 hours one day, and 2.5 hours on a separate day within the same week, at least 3 days apart. That really limited the flexibility.

Then, I got TRU and 2 K-Marts to service every 3 - 4 weeks. Each visit was about 3 hours and there was only a 3 day window to do. Scheduling all that with my other 9 companies was enough, but then, they sent me to 6 Longs in one week, and 4 Vons in another. My litle 5 hour a week job turned into 25 to 30 hours!

However, they paid well, on time. I got direct deposit every two weeks. Never a problem with that.

If you are flexible, it is great. If you truly only have the Target time available, make sure you are clear with your scheduler.

MSPA Gold Certified July 2005
Shopping & Merchandising Ventura, Santa Barbara, and Los Angeles Counties
Go to Top of Page

MaryL
Valued Contributor

Richmond, VA
USA
185 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2005 :  4:30:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Carmen, Lawrence also pushed me over the edge. New work came in my 20 mile area and I was told I had to all of the work with no drive time or mileage payment. The worst part was the work was only 1 hour a month. I had worked for them for 3 years servicing my Targets and loved it but then they got additional work and since the service time was only 1 hour, they could not hire anyone to do it so they made up this rule of 20 mile area of your home. Since I live in a metro area, that meant I was to cover the entire city. I tried to make them understand my situation, but they would not bend their new rule, so I finally give them notice and left their employment.

Like you said, if you live in a rural area, the chances of getting all of the low paying work dumped on you.

They do not seem to have any regard for the reps who have serviced them well for several years.

By the way, after I left their employment, I found other work to replace them and with companies who understand this is part time work and as needed so you have the right to tell them no on new projects and will pay either drive time or mileage.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums