Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Lawrence Merchandising Services (CRS/Lawrence) (Stravina)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

Mazie
Star Contributor

Forest Grove, OR
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2005 :  12:14:20 AM  Visit Mazie's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I left Lawrence for the same reasons, I had too much work and was unable to turn it down. I also left Archway for those reasons, among other things.

Gold Certified shopper, editor, editor trainer.
Shopping the Portland Metro area, willing to travel.
Go to Top of Page

Terri E.

Columbus, OH
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  05:37:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just read this thread because I am considering applying with Lawrence for some Target jobs that are available in my area.

This thread started out very positively (2003 posts), but seemed to go downhill in the more recent (2005) posts.

Is anyone out there still happy with this company? The posting I read did state something about a 20 mile area.

One of the posts on this thread mentioned having the low paying jobs dumped on you...I live in a large city, so if I understand what has been said here there might be jobs at various pay rates and you have to take them all, is that correct?

I want to quit my "regular" job and work in merchandising. I would be happy to have 20 - 30 hours per week. I would just have to figure out insurance for my family.

I would appreciate any current comments or updates on the past posts. The only stores mentioned in this thread are Target and FD, I am wondering if there are many others who use Lawrence? I am confused at this point and not sure whether to go ahead and apply with them or not! Thanks!!!

Terri
Silver Certified
Shopping Central Ohio
Go to Top of Page

Mazie
Star Contributor

Forest Grove, OR
USA
468 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  12:40:35 PM  Visit Mazie's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think it depends on what stores are in your area and how many other reps there are. Initially when you get hired you are usually assigned one big store like a Target. After you do well you are assigned more stores. You are required to accept all stores in your area, about 20 miles. Many other stores use Lawrence but they don't always pay as well as Target projects. When I started working for Lawrence I was working with two other companies and wanted to be 20-30 hours a week too. Lawrence kept giving me more and more assignments that had to be completed on specific dates and it became very difficult to schedule my other work around them.

Gold Certified shopper, editor, editor trainer.
Shopping the Portland Metro area, willing to travel.
Go to Top of Page

Freesia26

NY
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  7:30:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been with Lawrence Merchandising for about 6 years. I am very happy with them. I have two Targets which I am told is all you are allowed to have because of the other work that is received in your area. Personally the only extra work I have had to take is Walmart which is very infrequent (maybe 4 times per year) and Stravina in my local grocery stores. I do wish they would give me more work though.

The pay has NEVER been late and if I want to take my annual vacation for 2 weeks that is fine too as long as I do extra work before I go and after I come back. I don't have any complaints. I think the main reason I have had such a long running with them is because Targets are such a great place to do merchandising.

Mary
Go to Top of Page

MaryL
Valued Contributor

Richmond, VA
USA
185 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2005 :  05:08:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work still be working for CRS Lawrence if it hadn't been for the Family Dollar account they took on in the past. They expected me to set up and service all of the Family Dollars in my area (25 of them) They could not hire anyone to do the work, they verbally hammered on me. I finally surrendered and gave them my notice. Ironically, they lost that account and the jewelry racks in the stores are now used for batteries. I think they lost all of good reps over that contract. Family Dollar have many stores in the South.

I do agree with you on one point. The enjoyment of the work comes from working in the Target stores. I have continued to work in the stores for another company who has the contract for other products and it is a very pleasent experience. The Team Leads are glad to see you and appreciate your work.
Go to Top of Page

WendyG
Star Contributor

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2005 :  9:21:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have had good experiences from this company. I love my jewelry merchandising. I take great pride in my racks, I put Lawrence above all others in my line up. I have nothing bad to say about them and have been with them for over 3 years now. The pay is never late and even though some of the other projects do not pay as high as the big one, it still is worth my time and effort.

This is one job to keep once you get it, there will always be something that you may say "Uhm" about it, but that will be there in any merchandising job/ company.

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

Kim Castillo

IN
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  12:30:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been working for Lawrence about a month now. I love them! I would definitely work for them exclusively if given the opportunity. I have 3 different stores that I service on a regular basis. I think all of them pay well. I like that all your paperwork is mailed to you, you don't have to print out dozens of pages, and that you do your reporting online.
My support system is excellent. Anytime I've called I've gotten help right then, no waiting for a call back. I also really appreciated that they sent a team leader up to train me for the first visit. This company has fast become my favorite.
Go to Top of Page

PamelaB
Trainee

Tempe, AZ
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2006 :  9:45:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for Lawrence for a year. I really enjoyed servicing the costume jewelry which is why I stayed for as long as I did. But the job simply never paid enough to be worthwhile for me. The pay-per-project set up never seemed to work to my benefit, as I could rarely even finish the costume jewelry within the time frame allotted. Then they loaded all these little side projects on me all the time and these just got out of hand. They don't pay mileage and would expect reps to drive 20 miles to do some task for which they would pay as little as $7.00, which wouldn't even cover my gas much less my time.
They are a very solid company, however, and as several people have mentioned they always paid me on time. And servicing the costume jewelry was actually really fun and relaxing.
If you are looking for a little extra income to supplement what you earn at a regular job or if you don't really need the money but want to get out of the house, this is a great company to work for. But someone who is trying to make a living as a merchandiser might want to look elsewhere.
Go to Top of Page

FaithInGa
Contributor

Rossville, GA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  12:35:29 PM  Send FaithInGa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Freesia26

I have been with Lawrence Merchandising for about 6 years. I am very happy with them. I have two Targets which I am told is all you are allowed to have because of the other work that is received in your area.
Hmm, I was told you could only have 1 Target store :( I've been asking for more work with LMS for a year now and the other rep seems to be getting it. I've worked for them for almost 4 years the new rep less than a year, and I always get good feedback from my manager/field supervisor. I just don't know what is going on, but I feel less appreciated because of it and that's the only gripe I have with them.

They do pay on time, and have a great support system with most all the projects I've ever done. The projects are regular (except those Walmarts and the Eckerds that seemed to disappear)but other than that, pretty steady work. Just wished there was more of it :( and I didn't feel like that kid that always gets picked last on the team.

Merchandising in Northwest Georgia and Tennessee.
Go to Top of Page

Carey

Broomfield, CO
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  6:35:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been with LMS since 12/03. I love them! I did endure a few months of FD tribulations, but since then it's been smooth sailing. When I decided last December to go back PT to the accounting corporate world, I quit my other two merch companies and kept LMS. I wanted to keep the relationships I'd built with my retailers - they all love reps! I have never had a payment issue and my scheduler (props to Andrea L.) is very sweet. I was trained by an area manager and still see her on a quarterly basis. If you can get on with them I highly recommend the company. In five years of merching/mystery shopping - they are the best.
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  9:45:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love LMS, but I would really like to know who told them, it only took 2 1/2 hours to service my store. That is only half way as far as straightening out everything before you can restock and then reorder. It is usually a 3 or 4 hour job.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

Donna Miller
Contributor

Newfane, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  07:02:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Arla
You must be doing a TRU. I have the same problem. Too much to do in too little time! It is almost impossible to complete the set in the time allotted. I hump the whole time I am in the store.
Donna
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  9:13:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Donna, yes, I am and how much time is too much time to ask for? They always give it to me but, pay seems to lack the input time also. I am always so afraid of not getting done that I only report part of it so they won't cancel me out. Any advice would be great!

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

Donna Miller
Contributor

Newfane, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  06:54:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Arla.
I think everyone has the same problem if you have a store that is busy and sells the product. I've always called, told them I won't be done in the allotted time, and usually ask for no less than an hour. You have to account for the half hour or so it takes to do the order over the net also, so make sure you include that time. With all the small product, they are used to added time requests and I've never heard of them refusing anyone.
Donna
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  03:27:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just hired yesterday, any recent feedback? The woman who hired me was very nice and the job sounds wonderful. I dropped a couple of my smaller problem jobs for this one. Any recent feedback would be appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Donna Miller
Contributor

Newfane, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  06:56:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jenny,
WHat kind of store is it?
Go to Top of Page

SheilaDuhart
Trainee

Cincinnati, Ohio
USA
6 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  1:43:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just started working for this company and I am working on Greeting Cards and Posters. I find it takes me much longer than the tie allotted. I want to know if the time gets better the more you do the job, or are there some techniques I could use to make the job go faster.
Is anyone else working on this?

Sheila
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  3:33:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Target, Bed Bath and Beyond and Giant Eagle.
Go to Top of Page

Donna Miller
Contributor

Newfane, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  7:04:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jenny,
You will enjoy all of those stores. If you have read through the thread here, you will see that the Targets are some of the nicest jobs going. I'm not sure about the Giant Eagle, but I would imagine that it is the Stravina which is really easy to do once you learn what you are doing. Enjoy your new digs!
Donna
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  8:25:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Donna,
You are so right about Stravina. If a person is going in for the first time it can be overwhelming, espescially if it hasn't been serviced for awhile(in my case incorrectly). Once you get it all straightened out, it's fast and a good job.

I love LMS but, again there is the add on thing all the time that keeps us jumping. It would be nice to be ask instead of just assuming we can do all these jobs M-W. I also understand that they can be flexible but, it would still be nice to get an informative email or call asking or telling us it was added. I work for 2 other merchandising companies and sometimes it is hard to get them all done. I have 12 hours of work in one day for LMS because of the way they schedule and my other obligations.

Thank goodness one of the jobs ends the end of this month. Happy shopping with LMS.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums