Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Lawrence Merchandising Services (CRS/Lawrence) (Stravina)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

Donna Miller
Contributor

Newfane, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  10:15:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Arla,
Unfortunately, I have never had any "add-ons!" The work in my area is so slow lately, I'm down to 3 calls. I don't have a Target store, so I've never had to worry about getting extra jobs. I lost 2 calls this past month, for some reason, that wasn't fully explained in the email. I'm hoping that they will solve the problem and I will get my accounts back again. It was such easy work. All I had to do is count and write the numbers on the sheet.
But I do know one thing...if the cost of gas goes much higher.....I may not have to worry about it!
Donna
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  03:03:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, I was told that it would never me more than 20 hours a week. That is a good number for me. Thanks again for all of your helpful info.
Go to Top of Page

Amy Kauffman
Contributor

Lincoln, NE
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  12:15:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been very happy with them and hope to conitnue working with them for a long time in the future!

Pay is great and the job is fairly easy.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  2:03:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I decided not to take this job as the hours turned out to be more than I was looking for.
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  7:39:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow! Jenny, you must be in a great area to be turning down work. I wish I had more from them. I love all the jobs I have with them and they are now starting to split them up by weeks so I am not happy about that. I can only hope that my other companies have jobs the same week or it will not be worth my time to drive 30 miles away for the pay. Good luck to all!

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

PhilipDL

VA
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  12:19:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for Lawrence 2 years ago. They paid consistently and quickly. Some of the work, such as Target was easy and offered significant call times. Just one Target store for me was 5+ hours a week with multiple calls added at times. The pay was competitive. The only thing I did not like was that they forced the Stravina projects on me. The displays at stores in my area that I took over were out-of-control, and the pay wasn't great. If I could have taken the Stravina experience out of the equation, my experience would have been wholly positive. If you don't have any Toys 'R Us stores in your area, then you will probably love working for Lawrence! The schedulers are nice and friendly. It has been 2 years, though, so perhaps things are different now.
Go to Top of Page

LisaDeR
Trainee

Smithtown, NY
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2006 :  5:52:35 PM  Send LisaDeR an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just hired today for Lawrence to do costume jewelry and greeting and trading cards for Target. Can anyone tell me how they like doing this and any info on Lawrence?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  09:12:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LisaDeR

I was just hired today for Lawrence to do costume jewelry and greeting and trading cards for Target. Can anyone tell me how they like doing this and any info on Lawrence?

Thanks!

Hi! I do the same exact job and LOVE IT! I highly recommend
Lawrence Merchandising! Good Luck! Val
Go to Top of Page

HeatherShops
Star Contributor

Lake Placid, NY
USA
277 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  1:41:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for Lawrence and just started but they are the greatest. If you have any question at all feel free to call them. They are very helpful and supportive. The pay is on time too and accurate. I do the glasses and costume jewelry for now. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  8:14:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Since my last post, things have picked up considerably! I love Lawrence. The people are great and pay always comes on time. Enjoy he compamy and the experience.

I really love going into a store and they know my name and are happy to see me. I have been told that they think I am the greatest merchandiser that they have ever had. My ego really gets boosted! LOL

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

LisaDeR
Trainee

Smithtown, NY
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  8:17:40 PM  Send LisaDeR an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Val can you tell me a little about exactly what you do? Feel free to email me lisaderamo@yahoo.com

thanks!
Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  8:54:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:

Val can you tell me a little about exactly what you do? Feel free to email me lisaderamo@yahoo.com

thanks!
Lisa

HI Lisa!

I service a major discount retailer. I service a specific product. I set the merchandise according to the POG (plan-o-gram or schematic) the company provides.

The difference between a POG & a schematic is that with a POG, you leave the peg empty if that space for merchandise is out of stock...you specifically save that spot for the merchandise when it comes in. With a schematic, you never leave an empty peg..........but otherwise, you follow it like a POG.

I do this panel by panel until the product is up.

I zone my area and never leave a peg empty.

The rule is, as I understand it is absolutely totally necessary that you follow all of the rules 100% but when you can't, just do the best you can.

Example: Follow the POG (really a schematic) 100%. However, lots of times, a product is completely out of stock so in THAT case, you flex....that is, move one item SAME panel (never from another panel!) and put it on the empty peg.

You want the panels balanced.........you want to be able to stand back and see them look attractive and full and neat and organized and like a picture in a magazine.

That is what I try to do.

Then sometimes, the company give me other jobs...........at times, they are in the same store........other times, they are other locations.

Cleaning and dusting are also part of the job where I work. I help customers when they need it but I really don't know about anything in the store except my own product............generally I refer them to a store employee.

I communicate with my boss as necessary.........most often by email. She is always available by phone if I need to speak to her. The information arrives via internet and/or snail mail.

It's regular hours (more or less!), regular money and yet still
flexible! :)

Is that a little TOO MUCH INFORMATION??? :) If so, sorry!
Thanks & Good Luck!!! :) Val
Go to Top of Page

LisaDeR
Trainee

Smithtown, NY
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  9:34:23 PM  Send LisaDeR an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Val,
No that is awesome information. Since I have never done this type of work before I am so nervous. But they did say they will train me and not to worry.

You have been really helpful. I can't wait to begin!

Thanks again.
lisa
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  10:37:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi Val,
No that is awesome information. Since I have never done this type of work before I am so nervous. But they did say they will train me and not to worry.

Thanks again.
lisa

You are very welcome! Write back ANYTIME! Really, the job is a piece of cake if you just put in the time and follow the directions. I will tell you that I have NEVER met my boss.
Some areas do have division managers or whatever they are called, but in my area, there is no local manager. That's not to say that I don't have a local boss....the store is my boss. If I don't do my job right or don't show up, I'm sure they would call my boss.

They might have anonymous mystery shops occasionally to check up on employees too........who knows???

Just remember to be friendly to store employees and customers. And when the customer makes a mess, that is a good thing because that means they have been looking through your product and probably bought some. If they don't look at it, they won't buy it! If they don't buy it, I don't have a job!

GOOD LUCK! :) Val
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2006 :  10:39:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi Val,

Thanks again.
lisa

One more thing........call the company if you have any questions....they are ALWAYS willing to help you!!!
Really, if you have any problem at all...they are patient and
understanding and every person I have ever spoken to has
been nice and friendly and helpful!
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl S

Paterson, NJ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  3:19:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love Lawrence, they're my main company.
I happen to like Stravina. Putting the product in alphabetical order is alot easier than checking a POG or reading the small upc numbers to figure out where things go.

Just Remember, This is the hardest time of the year for most merchandising. The stores are busier, messier & getting more product. Its a rough time to start a new store/project so don't let it discourage you if you have problems.

Two hints. For Stravina I have a cheap pair of nail clippers on my keychain to cut the tie wraps some of the prduct arrives in. ( I kept losing scissors)

Last year my fingers started cracking I had opened sooooo many plastic bags for Target ( I have 2). I found out surgical gloves work well. Not only did it protect my fingers but they stick a little bit to the bag & made opening it easier.
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  8:15:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was very lucky! I met the Division Manager on my 1st job for them(after I had completed it), she was so impressed that I got kudos from the company. That made it very easy to complete the harder jobs, just knowing they care that much! She was so impressed with the work I had done, not ever doing that type of work before. If things look bad, hang in there and they will get better!
Great company!

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

LisaDeR
Trainee

Smithtown, NY
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2006 :  2:59:23 PM  Send LisaDeR an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am training for Target next Wednesday and can't wait. They have already given me some other things to do in my area and yes they did ask me to do the Toys R Us lol.

I am very excited to be working with such a nice company. Everyone has been super to me so far. I will keep you posted next week after my training.

Go to Top of Page

LisaDeR
Trainee

Smithtown, NY
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  8:54:21 PM  Send LisaDeR an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The Target training went really well. My trainer and I both worked really hard that day and got everything looking really nice.

Stravina at Toys R Us on the other hand was horrible. I can tell you that the displays looked like they hadn't been serviced in MONTHS. Everything was out of order. The pencils didn't have enough room and everything was just a MESS. I emailed my contact and told her that in all honesty, I really would rather not do this particular job in the future. I am due to go back next week, but I would really rather not. The management in the store was not very helpful or friendly at all. I managed to get all of the toothbrushes, ornaments and crytal hearts out but I still have two large boxes to put out in addition to redoing everything that is already on the rack which is all out of place. In my opinion they can't pay me enough to go back and do it. LOL

All in all though, I think I am going to love going to Target. It is just a really fun and nice place to be and everyone there seemed really nice and helpful.

I was also assigned borders and that is for the reading glasses and also a very easy assignment. So far I love Lawrence!
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  06:47:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
HI! I understand exactly what you are saying and my experience was the same.

And then try doing that job while you are rushed.......that is, in a limited amount of time! That's even worse!!!

I even learned to bring health exam gloves (clear, plastic) so that I could scrape off the used gum on the display. YUCK! GROSS!!!

I think you have to take the good (Target & Borders) with the bad with this job. Just do it and get it over with......that's the best way I've learned to handle it, if they can't give it to someone else.

BTW, I think their entire internet system was down yesterday, in case anyone else was wondering. I haven't checked yet today.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums