Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Lawrence Merchandising Services (CRS/Lawrence) (Stravina)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

Cheryl S

Paterson, NJ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  08:14:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
System went out Thursday night when I was in the middle of a TRU order and is still out.. GRRRRR.

LisaDeR were all your TRU boxes shipped at once? It sounds like too much product to me. I;ve taken over a couple of TRU that hadn't been serviced correctly for awhile. The first visit & second visits took way over the 3 hours. After that they were within the time. I will admit my TRU are weekly stores. Between orders we have a one hour visit to straighten but some of them are the busier stores.

If you want any advise please email me.

Go to Top of Page

LisaDeR
Trainee

Smithtown, NY
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  11:27:12 AM  Send LisaDeR an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, the system does seem to be down. I have tried to log in many times and can't.

I had one large long box of stuff and then three other smaller boxes but still a LOT of stuff. I am sure it hadn't been serviced in a long time. I spent three hours and probably could have spent 8 more and still not finished. I am dreading going back this week and honestly I pray she finds someone else to do it. I am trying to reduce the stress I had with work and thus the change to merchandising, and that Stravina job is stressful! LOL.

We will see what happens. Thanks for the input everyone.
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  8:34:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still can't get on to report. Is anyone else having a problem?
Go to Top of Page

CJPerotti

Macedon, NY
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  11:35:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Everyones having a problem. It appears that their server is down.

Charles
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl S

Paterson, NJ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  2:01:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
systems up & seems stable. I've manged to input one TRU already.
I hope they adjust thier payroll as normally we have to have things in by last night to be on this paycheck.
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  8:56:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey all! Don't stress out so much, especially this time of year. LMS really does understand and will work with you. I love this company.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

JulieShops
Valued Contributor

Benwood, West Virginia
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  01:58:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I need tips on doing the new baseball cards and collectible cards. The POGS are changed weekly. Is anyone finding that the store updates these? If not, how do you go about getting the tags and redoing the set?

I am not catching on to this. There is supposed to be a sidekick in the toy department that is not present in my store. Often there is no one in the toy department.

When I print the new plan-o-grams out, they are totally microscopic. A nearsighted ant could not read them.

The field coordinator said we were not responsible for setting these up, that this is existing product. I want to know if anyone else is having to go ahead and reset the areas because they are not up to date. After two weeks of this new project, I am pretty lost.

Let me know how you are handling this, I need to hear from someone else in a store not an office. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl S

Paterson, NJ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  07:00:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Julie,

Calm down & do the best you can do. Ive been stuck with excell twice, once during the holiday season the other temporary time was for about 4 months. Unless things have changed its only temporary until Excell hires someone. Their system with weekly changing,unreadable planograms is designed for their full time employee. My opinion is its basicaly impossible for us to do right and they know it. I'd get new product to pack out that wasn't on the POG I had just printed out for the week, or the POG that was in the box they shipped. The store doesn't get the weekly POG. The other "problem" you might not be aware of is some of the same product has different UPC, one for Toys & one for the front aisle.

Which ever day I was there that they had new product I would straighten & pack out. I would try to get close to POG & then just follow the flow, keeping similar cards next to each other. I'd flip the tags over so there was NO price, since its better than the wrong price. Usually I could get a manager to scan for new tags.
Go to Top of Page

JulieShops
Valued Contributor

Benwood, West Virginia
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2007 :  09:29:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Cheryl, your input makes me feel better. I can see on the Excell sign-in sheet that someone else was working this until last month.

Calls to the office for Lawrence and Excell just end up being more confusing because they tell you all these different things to do. And there I am, looking at this plan-o-gram that even the 18-year-old cashiers can't read for me because it is too small.

I will work it best I can and do as you suggested. Thank you so much! I sure hope they find someone to hire for it soon.
Go to Top of Page

RebeccaS
Contributor

St. Cloud, MN
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  4:37:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been working for Lawrence since October. I really liked doing the jobs I was doing. Then I got JCPenney's and Kohl's added. I don't mind Kohl's I can deal with the manager there. The JC Penney's is WAY overwhelming, the manager does not want the product in the aisle, or anything really done with it.
I also do Stravina and the first time in January I did it I was feeling pretty fried afterwards.
I just did an RTV yesterday and replacing the zipper pulls with new ones and returning all of them 300 was way overwhelming. The names weren't matching up to well either.
Overall I like Lawrence, just not a few of the stores!

Rebecca ~ Merchandising and mystery shopping in the St. Cloud, Monticello, and Buffalo areas
Go to Top of Page

JulieShops
Valued Contributor

Benwood, West Virginia
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  6:27:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Rebecca,

I did that same return and reset Monday. I was surprised how long it took to get it all done. Usually, they send new spinner racks already loaded with the product and tagged. You pop out the old spinner, pop in the new one, count your return product and box it up. Piece of cake. This time we had to return the old product and then label and fill the spinners.

I was there so long, I thought they were going to charge me rent.

It takes time to get used to the Stravina, but after you do you will like it better.

For some reason this has been out of kilter the past few months. Orders that were put in never got sent to some stores over Christmas. Not sure if their systems were being updated or what. Lawrence said that orders will be back to normal from now on. I sure do hope they go back to pre-filling the spinner racks again too.

They are supposed to be building a Kohl's next to my Target. What type merchandise do you do in that store?
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl S

Paterson, NJ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2007 :  5:45:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RebeccaS

I just did an RTV yesterday and replacing the zipper pulls with new ones and returning all of them 300 was way overwhelming. The names weren't matching up to well either.Overall I like Lawrence, just not a few of the stores!
Rebecca did you use the new backer cards that were shipped with the barrel for the new zipper pulls? Originally we were supposed to use the old backer cards but they changed the directive. I'm not sure when, as I hadn't read about the change before hitting my first store. That would be why the names weren't matching up. This was the worse reset in a long while

Anyone want any hints on how to do Stravina feel free to email me.
Go to Top of Page

Donna Miller
Contributor

Newfane, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2007 :  6:30:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Stravina is one of the easiest jobs to do if you have patience. It's not the kind of job for someone who is in a hurry to get finished. This RTV was easy to do, and I too had the slats with the names already on them. It took me a little over an hour to get the zipper pulls on the fixture.
I was more upset about the pulls each being individually wrapped in plastic slips. That drove me nuts pulling each and every one of them out.
Donna
Go to Top of Page

RebeccaS
Contributor

St. Cloud, MN
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2007 :  9:04:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes Donnna, getting them all out was a pain! I put them upside down all facing same way and grabbed the edge and shook them out! LOL!
I had no strips in my packaging...

Rebecca ~ Merchandising and mystery shopping in the St. Cloud, Monticello, and Buffalo areas
Go to Top of Page

Donna Miller
Contributor

Newfane, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  12:26:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Rebecca,
Isn't it nice to know we are not alone!!! I love these boards! A place to vent and find out how others solved the same problems! How'd you like the way those zipper pulls were every other one unside down??
LOL Oh! the JOY of merchandising!
Go to Top of Page

Tami Eaby
Apprentice

Fort Worth, Texas
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  7:56:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Rebecca and others,
The new strips for the Zip pulls was in the long box with the new Snap clips that replaced the Pencil Pals.
If you did't get them, or accidently threw away, just call Stravina.

The only bad part i had of the whole visit was thos plastic sleeves. I mean come on, don't we open enough baggies at target?

I agree with previous poster. Stravina takes patience. Have patience, go in order around the unit and it will be easier for you!
Go to Top of Page

MaddieS
Trainee

Columbia, TN
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  08:56:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just applied for a job that is with greeting cards. Says the service is quarterly.

Maddie
Go to Top of Page

Holli in NJ
Contributor

NJ
USA
58 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2007 :  8:06:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
you guys are soo funny, I thought I was alone in the
plastic baggy thing.

Holli
I Love This Board!
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  7:22:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
HI! I've tried to log in several times tonight and have not had any success. Is everyone having the same problem?

THANKS! :)
Go to Top of Page

JulieShops
Valued Contributor

Benwood, West Virginia
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  7:52:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The web site must be down. I tried for hours, and gave up.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums