Username:
Password:
Save PasswordRegister
Forgot Password / Username?
Home | Search | Chat | FAQ | Posting Rules

All Forums
 Mystery Shopping, Merchandising & Demo
 Merchandising & Demo
 Feedback Requested: Lawrence Merchandising Services (CRS/Lawrence) (Stravina)
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26

Michelle1975
Star Contributor

Newton, NJ
USA
549 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2007 :  8:51:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Tami Eaby

The only bad part i had of the whole visit was thos plastic sleeves. I mean come on, don't we open enough baggies at target?

MY thoughts exactly!!!

I'm so glad that it was mentioned that the site was down--I thoughts I was having computer problems.

For the new zipper pulls wrappers, I find it very easy to grab 3 or 4 zipper pulls at a time, hold and position the product with the bottom down, and simply push up on the zipper pull so the product slides out of the packaging. You won't get a paper cut because your fingers are wrapped around the baggie, so your fingers are "protected". Keep in mind the product is always shipped in alphabetical order--even the necklaces and surf/sandals that are on those locking straps--so when you get used to servicing Stravina you'll get a good "flow" of just grabbing 3 products of the same name and quickly placing it on the peg hook.

Also, all TRU stores have these plastic stools that they typically store peg hooks or other hardware inside of that can always be found in their backrooms, so it's completely unneccessary to have to stand in front of the fixture and strain your back or knees during resets or maintenance visits. Just ask your store contact about the stool if you can't find it for yourself.

The backer cards were really weird this time around. Only one of my stores backer cards that were manufactured out of order, the "Barrel 19 of 24" or whatever had L names in the middle of R names. But the other store did not have the same problem.

I love Target!

Also, I was wondering about if any others had any thoughts about the recent survery regarding grocery resets, possibly overnight???
Go to Top of Page

RebeccaS
Contributor

St. Cloud, MN
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2007 :  5:19:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am doing a card merch in convenience stores for them. You make sure they are all where they are supposed to be and then order the cards that have 2 or less. Really simple. Managers in the store though tend to look at me cross eyed.
I also do JC Penney, Kohl's, and Veterans canteen. I do not do Target. Although we have 2 in town!
I did call my scheduler today to let her know I was willing to mercha few other areas I get to for other jobs.

Rebecca ~ Merchandising and mystery shopping in the St. Cloud, Monticello, and Buffalo areas
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2007 :  9:17:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michelle1975

Also, I was wondering about if any others had any thoughts about the recent survery regarding grocery resets, possibly overnight???

I responded with my feelings re grocery resets, esp. overnights-I don't don't do them.
LL
Go to Top of Page

MaddieS
Trainee

Columbia, TN
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  4:01:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a call and am close to positive I will get the job. I have to wait on some papers to be notarized, and some New Hire papers to arrive. It is only quarterly but its more than I have now and the pay sounds good. They did say that I would be able to take other jobs within 20 or 30 miles from my location. So if every thing works out and I get the paperwork in, this may be my first real merchandising job.

Maddie
Go to Top of Page

Donna Miller
Contributor

Newfane, NY
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  7:06:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was wondering how many people would put down that they were willing to work over-night. I won't do that either. I know they are trying to see how many merchandisers would be willing to do an over-nighter before they bid on a particular job. Lozier racks are heavy racks especially when you have to move them after they have been in the same place for several years. That's not for me. I've done some work in grocery stores, but they aren't my favorite places to work. I don't want to be like a SPAR employee and work like dogs. I enjoy the easy sets we have now. I'm not moving dogfood for anyone! hahah
Go to Top of Page

Holli in NJ
Contributor

NJ
USA
58 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2007 :  10:34:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else get the hotline email for Target , saying
we are going to be evaluated by Target every week, and we
will get a weekly report, how does everyone feel about that?

I know I should do well, but I think it will feel weird to know
they will be grading me, it is kind of degrading in my eyes.
I can see once a month, but every week I feel like we are being babysat
just curious on everyone's take on this.

Holli
I Love This Board!
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  06:04:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi...I feel EXACTLY the same way you do!

In fact, my first impulse was to quit this job! I don't need
to be treated this way!

But then I thought I might as well stick around and see what happens. I can still quit in time to have the summer off and get a
new job in the fall.

I have always enjoyed this job.

This may change things.

Or not.

If they offer financial bonuses (or other rewards) with good reports,
it could be worth it.

That said, as I have traveled, I occasionally need to run into an out-of-town or out-of-state Target for items. While there, of course, I have quickly scanned the jewelry wall.

Sometimes, it is in excellent condition. Sometimes, it is not.
I do think that the people who don't care about this job as much as I do give the rest of us a bad name. (What I mean by that is I can usually tell if the store has just been busy and well-shopped by the customers, or it wasn't in excellent condition the last time it was serviced...I think the clues are this: lots of empty holes...not just a few...pegs that are not in order--no straight lines...pegs
every which way. (Pegs are suppsed to be straight across and straight vertically too--I've seen them in a pattern where they looked like a roller coaster.)

Maybe they are justified in this new thing. Or not.

I'm curious as to see what the NEW requirements will be!
Anyone have a clue?

Go to Top of Page

JulieShops
Valued Contributor

Benwood, West Virginia
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  4:55:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had overlooked the new evaluations for Target when I read the weekly newsletter the first time.

It's probably a little premature to get excited about this. More than likely, if the reps are taking good care of their stores, it will go along pretty much unnoticed, and we will never hear about it unless there is a problem.

My instinct about the new program is that Target may be fishing around to try and save money by eliminating reps and having their own people take care of the jewelry. I am pretty sure the reps get more hourly pay than the Target employees.

Business overall in retail has been pretty soft, impacted by rising prices of gasoline, heating bills, and even groceries. People just have less money left to spend.

One of the stores I serviced for sunglasses for over a year dropped their contract for outside merchandisers recently. They put the products on automatic reorder through their POS system, and they are going to restock the items themselves.

Just my .
Go to Top of Page

Kathy Spree
Contributor

Willowbrook, IL
USA
67 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  07:34:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just applied for Target, doing the jewelery merchandising. I would like a little info on this. How many hours a week, does it pay by the hour or job and how detailed is this. Just started to do merchandising and was wondering if I will even like it or if it is worth what they pay you. Any feedback will be welcomed. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl S

Paterson, NJ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  4:04:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just an FYI to those doing TRU. Stravina FINALLY shipped all the product ordered. I service my stores weekly putting in order plus packing out if the new order came in. I just got the shipments from the last order & each store recieved 32 pounds of shipment.
I'm just warning you so you can budget the extra time to put out a large order.
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  6:19:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know what you mean. I was scheduled to go into my 2x/month or monthly store (it changes-I don't know what it is) the first week in April. Well, the store has 4 large boxes waiting for me! I've asked and gotten permission to go in end of this week when I have more time to devote to it. Hopefully, it will look pretty, once all the holes are filled in.
Go to Top of Page

LilyShops

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  12:43:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have mixed emotions about Lawrence. I applied for a position that stated it was to merchandise greeting cards. Having merchandised cards for quite some time for other companies...it sounded like a good fit for me. Then came the 'real deal'...I was to also merchandise the jewelry. No big deal I thought. I figured the cards would be the main focus, since that was the way it was advertised. I was wrong. Then, when the Stravina projects came along, I was left scratching my head wondering why I put up with this! What a nightmare! Now, after turning in nothing but 100% of my effort for this company, never missing a day, I'm told I'm going to get graded?! I agree with Val and Holli. Are we also going to get the opportunity to grade the Target employees we have to deal with?! I see WAY too many employees standing around and socializing too much, security included! I've had times when I go up to the JTL to ask her a question, only to have to WAIT for her to finish her socializing with another employee. My JTL is brand new, but is getting praise left and right. Why, I don't know, because she hasn't done anything. I don't think Target realizes how much the vendors/reps do for the stores...and I sure don't think we get enough credit as it is. Why do we now need to be flagged whether or not our work is acceptable? What is the purpose of the area team lead? Shouldn't it be their job to check on our stores?! I've never seen my ATL in my store...EVER! Met, or seen her name in the vendor book! What are they getting paid to do?! I have wondered, with taking the risk of eliminating my own job, why the Target jewelry staff can't simply out the stock themselves?! I am starting to have a HUGE problem with customers (or staff for all I know) swapping the tags on the earrings and necklaces, in addition to so many items getting stolen. It's maddening! If the employees that are there regularly were to service the jewelry on a daily basis, they would see this happening, and could keep up with how the displays look much better then us reps coming in 1-3x a week. Likewise with the five minute jobs of pulling the damaged toys or stickering projects, why can't anyone that works for Target (or other stores) do these simple jobs? Just my .
Go to Top of Page

NCAnnieM
Trainee

Concord, North Carolina
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  8:11:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is the best company I have ever worked for hands down!!!! My scheduler is the best and my Dm is terrifc. She pays attention to what is going on in her area, audits her (our)stores and communication is top notch. I have "lurked" for quite a while on these boards...not posting much....but this company is the best.

I've been with them for a few years, and they are my number one priority. I too was nervous with the Target evaluations coming up. However I do my job anticipating that my DM could walk in at any time and "check me". I have built a solid relationahip with my stores and welcome the weekly reports. I completely love what I do for them...some projects are less than "fun", but being able to play with jewelry makes it worth it. Kudos to Judy and D'Ann at Lawrence....you're the best!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Val2121
Contributor

Denver, CO
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2007 :  08:20:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I disagree with anyone who is complaining about why Target employees won't put out the jewelry.

The jewelry is my main job and I LOVE DOING IT! If Target employees set it, I would NOT have a job!

About the Target employees.....some work very hard and other don't.
That's none of our business. That is Target management area.

This evaluation thing coming up doesn't look like it is going to be any big deal as long as I (& YOU) do the job right! (As long as Target grades fairly!)

Target is paying Lawrence.
Lawrence is paying me.

I'm not paying them to work there.
It is a priviledge, not a right to have this job.

TARGET is my customer. I want and intend to do the job right.

I think they hire us because we concentrate on the product - the jewelry and their own employees will never be able to because their main focus is the guests. The times we get interupted by guests (customers), we don't have to stop for long to help them. We can answer their question quickly and get back to work - our focus, the jewelry.

Their own employees are always doing something else....inventory, being called to another department, running to customer service department, checking out the customers, etc....

I think we are a bargain considering how much jewelry I receive each week and the mark-up on it. However, it's a great job with flexible hours. That's why I like it. I can still do my family things---something that a regular job would never allow.

That said, the jewelry is going to sell best if it looks good and is set according to the POG.

That's my job. I try to be courteous to all people-Target employees and their guests too!

I've also heard of a study that part-time employees are more efficient because they know that they are working a limited time and we are almost always FRESH........that is, we don't work 40 hours a week at this job and we don't get the "tired" attitude that regular, full-time employees sometimes get.

It's much easier to be cheerful and happy and fresh when I don't work 40 hours a job at the same place, doing the same exact thing, every week.

Go to Top of Page

RebeccaS
Contributor

St. Cloud, MN
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  8:53:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just started doing Jewelry at Target. I have done just about everything else for Lawrence and other companies. I cannot believe the amount of jewelry that comes in in a week!
How does everyone get through the baggies quickly?
I would like to hear how people do it.
Do you do one piece at a time, unbag it and find it's location, or unbag a bunch and then put it up? How do you keep your backstock organized?
I have an 11 panel store and am looking for input on getting this done quickly and correctly. I didn't have POG's the first week and a half and I suspect that will make my life much easier...

Rebecca ~ Merchandising and mystery shopping in the St. Cloud, Monticello, and Buffalo areas
Go to Top of Page

Holli in NJ
Contributor

NJ
USA
58 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  9:17:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Rebecca,

I am also an 11 panel store.

My tips are: rip the tops of the bagies off, it is alot easier
and faster, and grab a cart when you go in, and attach a target
bag for the trash and wheel your cart around, I do merona first
then xhil. I hope this helps, and good luck

Holli
I Love This Board!
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  8:12:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been merchandising two Target stores (jewelry) since 2004 and I LOVE it. It's a challenge to get the store back to schematic, after a busy weekend. It's also a challenge to get out the (perhaps) ten large boxes of jewelry, since my last visit. However, it's not stressful-I do what I can, when I can and make it as pretty as I can. I think that LMS is more than fair in the hours they assign to a store. I have always found the LMS Coordinators very helpful and accommodating and friendly. I consider this company the TOPS. If you have a Target jewelry call regularly, you can easily make your store 'stabilized' and then, your weekly calls are easy and rewarding and relaxing. I try and complete my 2 Targets on Monday-it's a nice way to ease into the week. To NEWBIES-I highly recommend this company.
Go to Top of Page

RebeccaS
Contributor

St. Cloud, MN
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2007 :  9:39:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I always grab a cart and learned from the lady that trained me to get a bag for garbage. Some of those bags are a pain in the butt to get open the smaller zips and some of those with smaller fold overs. I have been tossing merona in one basket and Xhil in another. As I am getting used to the panels, if I have enough room I toss each panels stuff into a basket if I am sitting infront of one and trying to stay out of the way. I helped sell a lot of jewelry on Friday with shoppers looking at stuff and suggesting some pieces. I get a lot of hours for my store as it is VERY busy! I get extra hours for Xhil on top of the regular costume jewelry. So yes it is good for that. Just trying to get adjusted to my own schedule with all the new stores I guess.

Go to Top of Page

Cheryl S

Paterson, NJ
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  06:51:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
First I put the panels in order. You'll notice the first & last panels tend to get messiest as that's where people tend to drop off the stuff they decided not to take. It might be easiest, until you're more familiar with things to start with the middle, already neater panels. I usually check to see how many boxes of new shipments I have to pack out so I know how fast I need to work. It doesn't have to be perfect, as you're packing out you'll notice anything you missed.

Definitely open up a bunch at a time & put them up as opposed to one at a time. I usually start with the Xhil earrings & set Merona aside. Do one box at a time as they tend to ship a lot of the same panel together. You might want to try doing a rough sort, separating by panel within each box. I just dig in the box & grab similar as I'm opening. I also look at the panels as I'm opening & think where each piece goes. If you don't know where something goes, put it aside for later, I throw it on the shelf under the panel I think it goes on. When you're done, look at the POG's & find where the mystery ones go.

As a clue to where things go remember, every panel has a theme and within that panel the rows/columns have themes. Also, they try to keep the numbers within a block within the same panel, its a good clue to help decide if a red bracelet goes on the first, second or beaded panel before looking it up.

Last holiday season my fingers were so dried & cracked I tried using surgical gloves to protect them. I thought it would make things more difficult but they actually made it easier to open the ziplock bags, it stuck to them so they slide open easier.

There shouldn't be much backstock to organize.

I hope this helps. Its a fun, easy job once you start remembering where everything goes.
Go to Top of Page

LadyDaria

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2007 :  6:20:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi I am not a happy camper with Target or LMS. I think you can find a company who pays better and doesnt send you out with no milage and no drive time for one hour. Allot of one or one and half hr jobs in other stores. In Target there is so much stock it is a night mare. No extra time either then Xmas stock is coming also, and move panels each month too plus change signs and and dont forget to do the cheap headband stand on the counter and check the global end caps too.

Now I found out no raise after a few years of working for them doing this each week and many other jobs. Also how do some of you get the extra time, I asked and it was not given for the jewelry so no you may not get extra time to do all this work. This is a very difficult job and now I have a temp assignment that are a pain and the display changes each week. PLus Stravina to do and portal and others. How wonderful that I get to work so hard for the same pay, do almost double work since April for the jewelry projects and no extra time or pay.

I was informed that after my first year I didnt request a review for a raise so I didnt get one and of course my lovely boss at the tiem didnt tell me I needed to do that to get one, and now it is too late for that raise because I didnt request it but I was not told to nor did I know this silliness was the policy. What kind of company plays thses games? My current manager is a sweetie and I may not be with them if it were not for her. The trainer never told me either. I have had about 5 bosses so far and only one to be fair was difficult to deal with and a bit stand offish. So guess who decides if I can get a raise, my old boss, she is my boss's boss and she is the one who told me of this ruling of last year review not requested so no raise. So everyone after your year, request a review for a raise. Just because they dont tell you I guess you are suppose to know this or you are out of luck.

I would like to know if anyone has gotten a raise for the Target jew. projects after one year or ever for that matter. Did you have to ask for it to get it.

Also we got a new Jewlry specalist at the store, her very first 2 weeks, she put in a complaint email to the company with out telling me or talking with her boss about it, plus I was fixing what she didnt like before she said anything at all, so not only was it not neccessary to email the company it was not needed to say anything to me as I was in the mist of straighten up what I was doing that she didnt like and she never had to tell me before so what the heck. The new boss didnt know about the email as the specialist sent it the last day of the old manager working at at the store and was off that day. Kinda of sneeky (spelling) wasnot that. The new dept manager apoligized to me about it and said sn't that. She had no reason to do that and is a bossy young girl. LMS is keeping it in my file. How nice. I went to the dept manager on 3 occasions and told her that the specialist is down right rude to me each time I worked, and again apoligized to me and said she talked to her about this 3 times and it didn't change, she now at least nods to me when I say hello and to let her know I am there but she told LM that I dont report in either. What a lier and I will tell her to her face and almost feel like getting an attorney for both situations, as I am not being played right. She is the one who should be writen up. Well lots of stress with this privalage of a job we have. Now a bad report in my file and never had one before and now I cant get a raise thanks to the target specialist who is a lier.

Yes the target people make me stand there too until they are good and ready and it can takes many minutes for them to listen to what I want or need to say. But of course I dont report in or give info about the service I did, they said or I should say she said. Wow The dept manager many a times before this current one, was rushing around and didnt want to take the time to talk as long as the work was done. I have to say they were all pretty nice except for the new jeweley specialist at the larger target that I do and I am going to report her to target upper management when this is over. she has no right to lie and no right to send an email to Target when there was no issue and no on going problem and her manager not even knowing, so we could work on the problem. She did it on purpose and is happy about this, this is the kind of people you will have to deal with at target. Has anyone had any problems like this, I never had before. I am tired and mad.

Please tell me how do you do 2 stores in one day. It is just too much with all the stock that comes each week, and the stores do not help as it is not their job, they get paid to stand around and talk. I am not kidding, some work but some pretend, I have seen it.

To help myself get more bags open faster, I cut the tops off the bags maybe 3 or 4 at a time, and that helps. so you work faster to get more done and they pay you the same. What color pill did we all take. Talking about The Matrix
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums