Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2012 :  5:16:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you read this thread from the top (which I just did) all info seems to still be accurate re stores, products. I suggest you go to their website and see if they are hiring. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, they are very seasonal. Between now and October, I will be lucky to get 2-3 hours a month. From October to December, I get about 10 hours a WEEK. Big difference.
Go to Top of Page

MonikaJeanne
Contributor

Bethlehem, PA
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2012 :  07:47:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ditto what Laura (above) said. Maybe an hour a week. I had three hours last week as sunglasses were being set-up for the season. They told me upfront that their hours do jack up prior to the Christmas season.

This works for me as I have two other part-time jobs so it just gives me a little extra without making a larger commitment to an employer that I cannot execute satisfactorily.
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2012 :  09:03:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm confused...what is the difference between MMC and Wolfe Retail? I want to apply for Field Merchandiser. I'm not sure which company I should apply too.

Mary
Go to Top of Page

MonikaJeanne
Contributor

Bethlehem, PA
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2012 :  09:58:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Mary,

I may not know all of the differences between the two companies, but I DO know that Wolfe Retail merchandises for a wider spectrum of companies, while MMC (Merchandising Management Company) merchandises strictly for KOHLS. I am not altogether sure why. But, both companies have the same owner.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your application!
Go to Top of Page

MonikaJeanne
Contributor

Bethlehem, PA
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2012 :  6:59:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Laura, if you see this, can you tell me if they still allow you to bring on a helper? I have upgraded one of my merchandising jobs, and sometimes I feel Im crunched to get the work done on time. I guess I could just ask the owners themselves, but thought Id check here first. I got 12 hours last week from Wolfe, and like 4 from MMC....wasnt used to that ( I have two other merchandising jobs that are regular...).
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2012 :  7:41:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't know if they still do the 'helper' thing. You should call them. I never used a 'helper' but the way I understood it, the helper was set up as an IC in their system and they paid them directly. However, once the holiday season ended, you were still the primary IC for the territory. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

JennyMay

Coal Valley, IL
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2012 :  12:26:07 PM  Send JennyMay an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was a "helper" last season and plan to be again this season. From what I can tell, the paperwork is easy to understand, you get your jobs every Monday (so no rearranging schedules when things "pop up" during the week like other MC's), and there is good and quick communication. Not all jobs require photos, but I have a hard time getting out of the habit of taking them!

Jenny
Go to Top of Page

TheresaM

Virginia
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2013 :  6:35:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone found that they don't allow much time for the work they want done?
Go to Top of Page

MonikaJeanne
Contributor

Bethlehem, PA
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2013 :  05:29:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
i dont work for them anymore, but when i did, i found certain jobs did not allow enough time, and others morew time than needed. in general, jobs that included multiple processes (count, organize, search back room, look for stock, etc)could use more time in order to be done 100% properly.
Go to Top of Page

TheresaM

Virginia
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2013 :  3:05:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks - I did my first job for them today - turns out that they have 2 different versions of paperwork (very strange) and wanted more things answered on one than the one that actually gets submitted. That's the problem with 1 hr. jobs (which it seems like they usually have), by the time you find someone, assess product, etc. that's your hr. let alone have to go to a stockroom, bring out product, make everything look good, take photos..... I really hate the little jobs, LOL

I know it would be less time once you're a "regular" there, know where things are, the people, mgmt., etc. - but for a first job - 1 hr. just isn't enough.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisS
Contributor

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2016 :  6:37:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Are there any updates on this company? I've seen some job postings lately and was curious how things are presently with the company.

Thanks,

Chris S.

Providing merchandising and related services to Southeastern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2016 :  08:18:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They joined the 2 companies so Wolfe is gone and all Wolfe work falls under MMC. (Merchandise Management Company) For me, that didn't make any difference. They have basically the sames accounts they always had. Again, very seasonal. Light hours until Oct-Dec when business really picks up. Pay on time, accurate. Easy to communicate with. Lots of work in Kohl's. Also do work in JCP, Macy's, Dillards, Costco. Work is as an independent contractor, not employee. Nice company and people.
Go to Top of Page

DLampkin
Star Contributor

New York City, NY
USA
283 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2017 :  07:27:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laura_In_Az

They joined the 2 companies so Wolfe is gone and all Wolfe work falls under MMC. (Merchandise Management Company)

The Wolfe website is still working at wolferetail.com and, at the bottom, it says it is "The official website of Pacific Coast Merchandising, East Coast Service Group, Western Merchandising Group, Eastern Merchandising Group, and Great Lakes Service Group." No mention of MMC. Things must've changed.

Any updates on this company for 2017?

~~DLampkin~~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums