Posted - 04/23/2006 :  9:38:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone worked with this company?

Tina

Sandy1920J

Johnston, RI
USA
49 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2006 :  4:27:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is formally Foster Grant, you can find some topics under that name.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  3:30:36 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been working for FGXI since January. I service Family Dollar, Walgreens and shopko stores here in the midwest. The good part is, you only service stores in your immediate area, plus, when the regular season ends, then there are other projects in stores that werent discontinued because of the season. My pay arrives on time, and you also get a payroll backup emailed to you that verifies the hours you worked. Now, IF you are a merchandiser with experience, you wont see your supervisor to train you, at least, thats how my DM looks at it. They figure you should know how to merchandise and work unattended. If you are a beginner though, you will get work with time to train you. As you know, being a merchandiser, working with one product is the same as any other, just different in who produces it. They dont pay mileage, or, drivetime, so dont take on anything out of the way. The work is simple and the people pleasant to work with in the stores.
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Lynne
Contributor

PA
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  12:12:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is there a place to apply on the website? I can't find it.

Sharon Lynne
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2009 :  5:08:39 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sharon, go to NARMS and look for FGXI, Im sure youll find their contact info. Theyre a wonderful company to work for, great DM's and pay is always on time.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2011 :  2:55:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's been almost 2 years since the last post. Anything new on this company? Is the pay descent? What's it like to work in the Walmarts?
Thanks for any info you can add to.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2011 :  4:40:15 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
It may well be quite awhile since anyone posted to this subject, but, the comments stand. FGXI IS a great company to work for. Hourly pay was, and most likely still is at $10 hr, plus a small fee paid for travel. The work is very easy, fun and if a problem occurs, someone is easy to contact for advice. This company has been around for many,many years. They are taking resumes for employment at their site. I again have applied. For those looking submit your resume as they havent posted in what areas theyre hiring.Working for FGXI back in 1980-1985 and again in the late 90's for another 5 yrs, then rehired in 2004 again, I highly recommend them.
Go to Top of Page

JanaS
Trainee

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2011 :  12:14:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
FGX is great. I have worked for them almost a year and love it. They pay a competitive hourly rate along with a premium for every store you visit and is paid weekly. Some of my accounts only have reading glasses and some only sunglasses but the majority have both. I really enjoy it.
Go to Top of Page

JanaS
Trainee

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2011 :  12:27:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kelly F in response to your question about Wal-Mart, we just started that a couple of weeks ago. For now there are only test stores that we just placed new fixtures and are servicing two times a week for 45 minutes. It has been going very well, the OTC manager is who you deal with.
Go to Top of Page

LisaTucker
Apprentice

Huntingdon, Tennessee
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2011 :  8:32:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for this company for two years and they were great.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  5:36:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Was curious because i got a call about a resume i put in over a year ago. They want someone to do the walmart and 2 other stores in this area. Pay is the 10.00 hr. with no mileage or drive time,but you do get the 2.50 for each store you visit.
45 minutes for the Walmart isn't alot,about 8.00 and 2.50 for the trip.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
514 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  5:42:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
About $10.50 to work glasses? Guess if your working something else OK, and then to put up with the DooDoo in WM? I Dunnooooo.......

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  8:39:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yep,that's what i'm thinking MindyZ. She even mentioned that this Walmart does have problems and she drives up here to work it twice a week. That's a red flag to me. I think i'm going to pass on this. They want me to go to 2 towns about 35 minutes apart from each other with no pay for driving or mileage. Hmmmmm

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  06:49:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Why do we have 2 threads on Foster Grant? Hmm, that is strange... >>> especially here!!

Anywho, FG is great to work for. They have accounts all over....the work is easy no matter where you go. I have gotten a raise every year.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  09:17:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
McBarb, I think maybe it's because the company and the job is listed on Narms under the company-FGX International.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  3:24:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd give this company a shot if only they'd give me a shot. I applied to them about amonth ago and never heard back. Guess they found someone with more experience or whatever. I was hoping to at least use them for some experience and then move on or add on.

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

SusanSG
Contributor

AL
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  4:43:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Be patient. I didn't hear from them for possibly four months before I got a call to set up an interview. It's good steady work and easy to plan around.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2011 :  5:07:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SusanSG

Be patient. I didn't hear from them for possibly four months before I got a call to set up an interview. It's good steady work and easy to plan around.

Glad to hear that. Still gives me some hope.

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  06:51:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
KellyF, I understand that but I was just trying to say that Foster Grant IS (=) FGXI...

You might hear from them as they do hire people to be helpers for large projects. FG is getting more and more stores. They are pretty much in every store I go to... drug stores, grocery, office supply and hardware. The pay is very good.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  7:36:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LarryT, They called me from an application i put in almost a year ago. So don't give up.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2011 :  04:07:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly F.

LarryT, They called me from an application i put in almost a year ago. So don't give up.

That is good news. But sheeees, I hope I don't STILL need a job a year from now!!! LOL. Thanks for the info.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums