Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1684 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2011 :  08:03:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No one in their right mind would quit FG.
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  10:45:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work with Gulf Coast panama Jack through style science. We got a email this week saying Foster Grant had bought out the style science but that we will no be loosing jobs and our pay and services still the same. I worked with Foster Grant about 4 years ago and was not -pleased with them, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Gulf Coast Panama Jack. I am so happy we get to keep our stores and the pay. If anyone hears different please keep us posted..

Tina
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl55
Valued Contributor

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2012 :  6:49:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I see a posting on NARMS. Everbody still think it is a good company?
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1684 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2012 :  05:53:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
YES! I have been with FG since 2007.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2012 :  4:06:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, We have just started servicing the Safeways this week with the buyout of Stylemark. Some have not been serviced in a year i've been told by the different managers. Now i'm up to about 40 stores. And my manager is wonderful to work for. Alot of it depends on your manager when it comes to liking your job or not.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl55
Valued Contributor

USA
167 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2012 :  7:35:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks! Sounds great.
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2012 :  05:48:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is most of the work for FGX in Grocery stores and drug stores? How about Dept. stores?

Mary
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2012 :  11:12:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Currently (at least in this area) it's drug,grocery and large format stores(fred meyers,albertsons safeway etc.) But their always getting new contracts,so things could change for the dept. stores in the near future.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

KrisInLuck
Contributor

Luck, WI
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2013 :  4:20:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anything changed with this company? Just got a notice from them for this general area - I'm working a lot already but remembered this thread. Any info would be helpful!

Kris...in Luck, WI
Merchandising in West Central WI and East Central MN
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1684 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  05:24:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been with Foster Grant for a few years. They pay great. Their projects are always easy to understand and help is always available. You can call retail support if you are in a store and need help. I get a raise every year. I LOVE FGXI. They have glasses in all of the stores.
Go to Top of Page

Dawn5515
Contributor

Zachary, Louisiana
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  2:44:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They have several openings in my area. I applied yesterday. Hope I hear something soon!

Dawn
MSPA Silver Certified
Merchandising
Store Audits & Recalls
Mystery Shopping
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2013 :  5:31:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied with them in August, Had an interview with the d.m.
didn't get hired, but she told me at the interview that she had 19 people apply for the postion. She did phone and tell me I wasn't hired, and said she would keep my app.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

KrisInLuck
Contributor

Luck, WI
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2013 :  08:21:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you for info. Just contacted them through NARMS. We'll see what happens!

Kris...in Luck, WI
Merchandising in West Central WI and East Central MN
Go to Top of Page

Mary R.
Valued Contributor

IL
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2014 :  07:45:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What does it take to get hired with this company! I've applied 6-7 times and no one called. I've got plenty of experience with sunglasses and reading glasses. They must have many people applying for these jobs.

Mary
Go to Top of Page

KimG
Star Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
628 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2014 :  04:07:08 AM  Send KimG an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got an email from NARMS for a sunglass merchandiser in one of our local theme parks, emailed them (I have 8 years experience doing sunglasses), and got a response very quickly that someone will call me. I hope I can fit it into my schedule.

Kim
silver certified njtwnf
Go to Top of Page

Angela S.

Alameda, California
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2014 :  6:38:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi I just seen a job in my area on NARMS, and I know that ICU eyewear/Zoom eyeworks partners with SRS for their service visits in grocery stores/drug stores. Is FGX International a manufacturer or a merchandising company? I'd love to get on board with this company if it is a merchandising company! Take care....

Angela
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2014 :  08:11:11 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I believe its the manufacturer that also has its own merchandisers. Apply. There ISNT another company that youll be happier working for! Its easy work.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1684 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  06:21:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Angela S.

Hi I just seen a job in my area on NARMS, and I know that ICU eyewear/Zoom eyeworks partners with SRS for their service visits in grocery stores/drug stores. Is FGX International a manufacturer or a merchandising company? I'd love to get on board with this company if it is a merchandising company! Take care....

Angela, ICU eyewear is a competitor company of FGXI. SRS is the merchandising company that represents ICU eyewear. Neither ICU or Foster Grant manufacture their glasses. All the glasses come from China. You can apply to work for both ICU and FG.
Go to Top of Page

Angela S.

Alameda, California
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2014 :  8:54:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MCBarb

[quote]Originally posted by Angela S.

Angela, ICU eyewear is a competitor company of FGXI. SRS is the merchandising company that represents ICU eyewear. Neither ICU or Foster Grant manufacture their glasses. All the glasses come from China. You can apply to work for both ICU and FG.
[/quo
MCBarb thank you for the reply! Most of the things we merchandise are manufactured in China nowadays. I'm definitely going to give it a whirl with FGX, take care!

Angela
Go to Top of Page

ChrisS
Contributor

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2014 :  07:57:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Are there any updates on this company? I received a notification from what was NARMS that they had a position available in my area. When I went to their website, it looks like they have many positions available right now. I'm in the midst of the application process... we'll see what happens.

ChrisS

Providing merchandising and related services to Southeastern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums