Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Patricia_IN
Valued Contributor

Peru, IN
USA
225 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  03:13:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband and I are doing a reset today. The team leader has not called us yet. I was hoping to hear from him.

shopping Logansport, Kokomo, Peru, Rochester, and Wabash
Go to Top of Page

MichelePA

Schuylkill County, PA
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  04:59:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I did the one last week, there was a message from Premium 2 days before the reset to see if I was ready and if I had any questions. Then I got another call the day before. They do call. I'm not sure why so many aren't showing up

Also, the team leaders have a list of names but no phone numbers for their team members so I don't think the team leader would be calling ahead of time.
Go to Top of Page

RebekahTN
Valued Contributor

McMinnville, TN
USA
125 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  06:04:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know I didn't have even my team members names. I had been told that the store Hallmark rep would be there so when I was there servicing the CC Apps one day I saw them working and introduced myself, asking if they were doing the reset. They said they were, they had never done a complete reset either.
When I called my DM and ASKED how many people I would have and who they were she told me how many they were HOPING for. She told me she knew about at least 1 Hallmark rep and these four and not to worry since they were experianced doing THESE resets. (no comment - lol) This was the week before.
PR did call to remind me and see if everything was still a go 2 days before. I wanted to say ummm.. what if I say No. LOL 2 days before??? I bet they were HOPING I said I was still doing it. I'm not sure if they reminded team members or not. The 2 guys from the temp service said they had been told 2 days earlier.
Don't get scared of the reset. It is pretty easy to do. Especially the cards. Like I said I would do it again... but would think twice and even 3 times before taking on team member for only $1.00 more per hour. There was a LOT of training and reading and figuring out to do, along with having to deal with people not showing up and listening to complaining, that was worth a LOT more than the $10.00 extra I got. LOL
Reading over this it sounds like "I" am complaining. I'm not really. It all went pretty well once I found those pesky little stickers (they were in the card box number #1 if anyone else is missing thiers - I have heard from another that it is where thiers were too)and everyone arrived things went GREAT (as long as I ignored the complaining that is). Hopefully you will have a wonderful team.

Rebekah Blake

Shopping and Merchandising in McMinnville, Manchester, Smithville, Tullahoma, Woodbury, Sparta, Cookeville and Murfreesboro Since April 2003.
MSPA Silver Certified # xxfuj7
Go to Top of Page

GeorgiaAnne

Douglasville, GA
USA
46 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  10:45:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I applied to take part in one next week, and never heard ANYTHING back. I wasn't really surprised, but perhaps they are having problems in the scheduling department as far as making confirmations, and that's why people are not showing up or are showing up late with no explanation. I know for a fact that if they call me now to do the one next week (when I applied two months ago), I will be miffed.

Georgia Deakin
Merchandising in Douglasville, Lithia Springs and Powder Springs GA
Go to Top of Page

.Neecy
Inactive

Lyons, GA
USA
93 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  10:51:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have my next one the 14th of this month and maybe things will go lots smoother
Go to Top of Page

Kamy777
Contributor

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  1:03:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was suppose to do another reset today (Tues.) 8 - 5 pm. I received a call last night from my DM at 6:00 pm, telling me that there had been a mistake in scheduling - instead of the 7th, it should be the 13th. I couldn't believe it! I had this date scheduled for well over a month and a half. The paperwork indicated this date as well. The DM said she had just "caught it" (the mistake)and that the Team Leader was scheduled for the 13th, so that was the date of the reset. I had to do some "juggling" my schedule, but I freed up that date by doing the job I had scheduled for that date, today! Whew!!! I'm glad I have flexible scheduling with my other jobs! I know that these schedulers have a hard job!!
Go to Top of Page

Patricia_IN
Valued Contributor

Peru, IN
USA
225 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  4:57:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Our reset today went great. We worked through without breaks but that was our choice. It was also great that most of the people had already done a few of the resets.

Go to Top of Page

ReneeWabs

Marietta, Georgia
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  5:58:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have two more resets this week. Hopefully, they will go well. I just wanted to respond and say yes they call to remind you of your committment to be at the reset. Trying to assure that you don't have to work short handed, or so they can get replacement workers.

Renee
Go to Top of Page

Janet
Contributor

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  6:59:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had another reset today.

Just as on the first one, everything went smooth as silk.

People just got in there and did what needed to be done. No complaining, no bull, just worked. At the end when 2 sections were left being worked on, everyone helped out with those 2 sections.

Everyone was totally cool on both resets. They are the easiest resets I have ever done.

The Hallmark area manager (I think that's what he is) showed up for both and was a huge help with knowing where the fixtures belonged. The Hallmark rep was there, as well as a Hallmark area manager for another city and several other workers.

We had 6 doing the cards, and 2 temp. workers doing the fixtures. I took us just over 6 hours to do a HUGE set.

Then I kept thinking I knew one of the ladies there. I DID! It was my ex husbands cousins wife who I had not seen in probably 15 or more years. Anyway, it was a nice, layed back, easy going reset. I have only 1 more, but would do many more if possible.

Go to Top of Page

Patricia_IN
Valued Contributor

Peru, IN
USA
225 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2003 :  7:49:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was not called and reminded of the reset, so maybe it depends on the team leader. We also had to area Hallmark manager there, plus the Hallmark rep. They were both a big help in knowing what was going on.

Go to Top of Page

JaniceBrown

Edmond, OK
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  05:05:20 AM  Send JaniceBrown an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did this reset last month and it was fine. It was a little rusty getting started but all in all it turned out fine. I was in and out of there in 6 hours WITH my smoking breaks. The one thing that I want to stress is that the information packett for this conversion is very confusing. The reset we did was not by the book. There simply is NO WAY to be able to pack the cards for customers to be able to browse through. As far as the fixtures, we had one guy who did nothing but fixtures while the ladies handled the cards. I have no complaints other than the fact that I was originally scheduled for 8 of these and with cancellations on Hallmarks part, I ended up with only 2 of them. No need to sweat this. Take a section to do and make it your baby. When you are done, take another. All will go smooth.

Janice M. Brown
Go to Top of Page

FaithInGa
Contributor

Rossville, GA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  07:12:37 AM  Send FaithInGa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
RebekahTN, you had to have my team!!!!!! I can't believe that their would be two sets of 4 ladies that rode together like that group. I've emailed you, and if your scheduler needs more proof since they've worked longer with PR than you, I'm here......they were HORRIBLE. And as you said, even if you are Team Lead...when it's 4 to 1 it's kind of hard to stand up and risk losing all the help if they were to walk out on you.

Merchandising in Northwest Georgia and Tennessee.
Go to Top of Page

FaithInGa
Contributor

Rossville, GA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  07:15:21 AM  Send FaithInGa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PatriciaK

If you are leading this team, I would suggest you lay the ground rules on breaks. Maybe you can find out who your team is before hand and call and make sure they do not have time restrictions on when they have to leave.

I wished I could be more assertive, but that is why I took merchandising on as a job. I like to be the keeper of one...myself...LOL I like to take over the job, do it myself and if there are any mistakes then I did it....and if it's perfect then I did that too :) I only got the Team Lead spot since I was the first to sign on to the specified job, not because I'd had any more experience with card resets, although the other ladies had not done one either. But we all got the same paperwork, with the same breaks listed and the rule of no food or drinks on the floor.....seems I'm the only one who read that rule.

Go to Top of Page

FaithInGa
Contributor

Rossville, GA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  07:26:06 AM  Send FaithInGa an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Neecy, what store are you doing on the 14th of October? That was the date for my second store too :)

Go to Top of Page

Carrol.Hwy101.Ca
Inactive

Paso Robles, CA
USA
456 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  2:00:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm team leader on a reset tomorrow and boy, oh boy, had this thread given me some food for thought!

One thing I will be doing first thing is to set some parameters such as a set break time and set lunch time. That should eliminate some of the chaos that I'm reading about. And if anyone like those four ladies show up, they will be sent home! Rather do it myself than listen to complaints all day long.

It's nice to see all the positive comments about the Hallmark people, makes me feel like I'll have allies.....

GOLD CERTIFIED
Shopping the beautiful small towns on California's Central Coast.
Go to Top of Page

Janet
Contributor

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2003 :  3:23:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Carol,

You might want to wait to see what kind of crew you have before you "set the parameters".
If you have a mature group, you don't have to worry about any of it.
The sets I have done, a couple of people take a break. But it's nothing long and it doesn't slow things down or hamper the job at all.
Just ask them if they want a break about 2 hours after you start. Then ask them if they want lunch, they may not.
They may not take breaks or lunch.
Just don't go in there on the defensive, most doing the job want to be there and are cooperative.
Go to Top of Page

REBailey1

Alton, IL
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  07:41:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Now that these Hallmark resets are completed, I just have to say it really wasn't bad after the first one. The Team Lead found a new job and no one bothered to tell anyone. We had a lady who runs a Hallmark store who ended up running the set and she did great.

I did 7 of these and after the 1st one it was a breeze. I usually showed up 1/2-1 hr AHEAD of the team lead, had the pallets on the floor and most of the product boxes staged on the floor in their respective sections. When the team showed at 8, I was already on a ladder pulling graphics. Mostly all I did was fixtures and graphics.

My only complaint was that we were told 8 hours (which was Hallmarks estimate), but there were too many people, so it took as little as 5.5 (I usually got close to 8 because of my early arrival.)

I would not hesitate do Hallmarks sets again. (Currently 60% of walmarts are Hallmark and 40% are American Greetings...appears the big Two companies take turns having the majority of stores..so who knows when the next resets might be.)

Merchandising, Mystery Shopping and Audits in Metropolitan St. Louis, MO; Southwestern/Central and Springfield, IL
Go to Top of Page

Janet
Contributor

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  2:09:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No one in my area gets mileage reimbursement from Premium.

Go to Top of Page

.StevePRS
Inactive

Chesterfield, MO
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  1:37:51 PM  Visit .StevePRS's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Only a very few reps received mileage reimbursement for the Hallmark Resets. These reps drove 60+ miles round trip. Mileage reimbursement is decided on a case by case basis with Premium.

Steven Ressler
Retail Market Manager - IL
Premium Retail Services
sressler@premiumretail.com
Phone: 866-869-9193
Go to Top of Page

JulieNicole23
Apprentice

Hampton Roads, Virginia
USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  11:55:31 AM  Send JulieNicole23 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone recently been hired with Hallmark? I applied for a local position last week,
and have left voice mails twice to the number on the application, and still
nothing. How long does it usually take to hear from them?

Julie
Merchandising in Southeast Va :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums