Page: of 5

Donnabella
Star Contributor

Peoria, AZ
USA
369 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  12:57:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Julie:

I work for Hallmark. It took about a week and 1/2 for someone to get back to me when I initially left my message. Basically, the voice mail you called is probably a Territory Representative. They oversee several states. They route your call tot he Territory Assistant in your area. The Territory Assistant will more than likely be the one calling you back.

Donna
Shopping the Metropolitan Phoenix Area
Go to Top of Page

Pandora

Casper, Wyoming
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2006 :  10:32:09 PM  Visit Pandora's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I apllied two weeks ago. Someone did call me. But for a town that was 4 hours away?!

You might have better then I did.

Have fun!
Pandora

Live in the West States.
Looking for more merchandising work!
Go to Top of Page

Glenda Chandler

Hudson, NC
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  06:39:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had a friend who helped with a revision.I would like to applaud HallMark for placing the suggestive cards out of the eye level of children.Now if they would just stop overloading those tiny spaces with cards.It is impossible to get a card out without bring 4 or 5 with it.

Glenda
Go to Top of Page

PTDBell

Florence, SC
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  07:05:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This might sound dumb but I was hired as a TA in July and can't
understand where I will get my hours from per week (maximum of 15). I am
over 4 merchandisers who all do a great job, all are doing everything
possible to meet "best methods" and I have no one to hire to fill any
positions. Where do you get your hours?

Terrie
Go to Top of Page

.HaroldLP
Valued Contributor

Syracuse, IN
USA
242 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  12:20:33 PM  Visit .HaroldLP's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Normally in a management position a large part of your job is to be in the store working with your people. Just because they are doing a good job now you still need to be there to help them get better, and also to interact with the management team at the store.

Really shouldn't be that hard to put in 15 hours, if in doubt then ask your manager.
Go to Top of Page

Karen A.
Star Contributor

Hudson, NC
USA
297 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2006 :  09:42:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Congratulations as new TA.I have an excellent TA. She trains and fills in when we are out are 2 ways she can get her hours.She sometimes does resets to bring product to POG.I don't know if travel time is included in her regular hours or listed seperate.She generally orders while in the store which takes time.Also if there is an issue in the store.One of my fixtues fell and she came in to help with that.Good luck!

Karen A.
Go to Top of Page

CarrieK

Boynton Beach, Florida
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2006 :  10:21:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for hallmark for years and love it. I work now on the reset team for walgreens and CVS. I cant seem to get any information on team leads for Publix and Winn Dixie here in the southern florida area. I would love to get on this team.
Go to Top of Page

RoseE

NJ
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  12:19:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just accepted a job with Hallmark and was very surprised at the lower than average pay rate. I had heard that the perks are worth the lower rate. Would anyone be willing to share what these perks are? I also would like to know if they are able to get all their work completed in the time allotted by the company or do they carry their work over to the second store visit of the week?

Thanks

Rose
Go to Top of Page

Karen A.
Star Contributor

Hudson, NC
USA
297 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  08:57:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am once a week so mine maybe slightly different from yours.The yearly raise and paid vaction time are nice perks.

Karen A.
Go to Top of Page

RoseE

NJ
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  3:26:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are you supplied with product personally or do they allow you to purchase at a substantial discount?

Thanks

Rose
Go to Top of Page

Karen A.
Star Contributor

Hudson, NC
USA
297 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2007 :  09:33:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you mean personally the answer is no to both.Any ordering and receiving are strictly at store level on behalf of the store for retail sale within the store. I hope this answers your question.

Karen A.
Go to Top of Page

RoseE

NJ
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  05:53:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just an FYI..In the Field Sales Part Time Handbook it states that you can purchase product for your self at either of the employee stores or by calling into a 888 number and giving the stock number of the items. You receive 50% off of Hallmark items and 20% off other itmes that the Gold Crown stores carry.
I just started the job and am very sad that I am giving it up already. With the store that they gave me the objectives can never be met as the amount of work is too much to complete in the max 2 hour time period

Rose
Go to Top of Page

Pam in Atlanta
Star Contributor

Acworth, GA
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2007 :  10:34:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How do you obtain work doing the resets? I am a Hallmark merchandiser in a Walmart and enjoy working with the product.

Go to Top of Page

Cynthia Wilson

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2007 :  11:58:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi! I'm a retail merchandiser for Hallmark and I love it. Anyway, I'm a merchandiser in two Walmarts and one Kohls store. I get called to do resets occasionally from the people that are affiliated with the Kohls accounts. I usually help out in Walgreens stores. Anyway,I think my previous Kohls TA shared my information with the people that do Walgreens installations/resets. I have noticed from time to time the Hallmark website will list openings for installations so you might want to check into that. My TA for Walmart has never mentioned installations. I think because Walmart (and which ever Greeting Card company is Full line in that particular store)generally handles all of that in their stores.

Cynthia
Go to Top of Page

PatriciaK
Valued Contributor

NJ
USA
119 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  12:18:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hallmark has several different divisions as far as merchandising goes. However, when it comes to revisions, you should be able to cross over into any division. The divisions are card specialty (Drug Stores,) Team Wal-Mart, Sunrise Greeting (Places like Barnes and Noble, the Christmas tree shop, Dollar General,) EFH and Ambassador (Food stores, Kohlís) and Hallmark Crown stores. Your TA can contact the TR to reach out to other teams that might need installation help.

As far as store budgets, they are based upon the volume of the store. The higher the volume, the more hours the store requires. Hours per store can range from 1 hour to 20 hours per store. As a new person you might feel that you cannot complete the job within the time allotted but once you get familiar with the process, most people can complete the job under the hours provided.

There are two stores that I am aware of where product can be purchased at a significant discount. One is in Connecticut and the other in Pennsylvania. You may also purchase product as an employee by applying for a Halls credit card. Your TA should be able to provide you with information.

Go to Top of Page

Pam in Atlanta
Star Contributor

Acworth, GA
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  8:47:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks to Patricia and C. Wilson for the information regarding the divisions. I presume that a merchandsier can work for more than one division. What are your suggestions in obtaining work in the different divisions?
Go to Top of Page

Cynthia Wilson

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2007 :  8:23:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pam in Atlanta

Thanks to Patricia and C. Wilson for the information regarding the divisions. I presume that a merchandsier can work for more than one division. What are your suggestions in obtaining work in the different divisions?

Yes, you can work in two different divisions. As I mentioned, I work for Team Walmart and Kohls as a merchandiser. I have two different TA's. Anyway, I started out a Kohls and then I found out about the Walmart position from the Hallmark website (Hiring Edge). I applied for the position and that TA contacted me. We had an interview on the phone and then she traveled here to train me. Anyway, I really enjoy it. The installations are sporadic. They usually have one once every month or so. I enjoy the installations too. Keep checking the Hallmark job listings and I'm sure they will have some installations pop up on there.

BTW, is your Walmart a full-line store? If so, what are your hours like? My Walmarts are not full line so I'm just curious about how the full line stores are to work in.

Cynthia
Go to Top of Page

Pam in Atlanta
Star Contributor

Acworth, GA
USA
259 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  4:41:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cynthia, thanks for the information. It seems like I have tried checking the website and my concern was what my current TA would think. Did you have a problem with this? I am going to look at Hallmark's site again tomorrow. If I remember correctly, you had to submit a resume to apply for a particular position. I thought that would be a bit awkward as I was already working for Hallmark. Any information on that particular issue will be deeply appreciated! Here is the situation on my particular job assignment. There are two merchandisers who cover this Walmart. The department has to be covered seven days a week. We have an aisle of seasonal product, a half aisle of party goods, another card aisle and the wrap/ bags/ bows aisle. Each holiday season we have from two to four pallets at other locations in the store and the balloons. Generally, we both get 20 hours weekly. I work the two weekend days and the other employee works Monday through Friday, so we overlap three days during the week. The employees in the departments around us could not be any nicer to work alongside. They are great. Thanks so much for all of your help.
Go to Top of Page

Cynthia Wilson

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  8:47:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pam in Atlanta

Cynthia, thanks for the information. It seems like I have tried checking the website and my concern was what my current TA would think. Did you have a problem with this? I am going to look at Hallmark's site again tomorrow. If I remember correctly, you had to submit a resume to apply for a particular position. I thought that would be a bit awkward as I was already working for Hallmark. Any information on that particular issue will be deeply appreciated! Here is the situation on my particular job assignment. There are two merchandisers who cover this Walmart. The department has to be covered seven days a week. We have an aisle of seasonal product, a half aisle of party goods, another card aisle and the wrap/ bags/ bows aisle. Each holiday season we have from two to four pallets at other locations in the store and the balloons. Generally, we both get 20 hours weekly. I work the two weekend days and the other employee works Monday through Friday, so we overlap three days during the week. The employees in the departments around us could not be any nicer to work alongside. They are great. Thanks so much for all of your help.

Well, when I first noticed the opening on Hiring Edge I called my TA. I asked her if she knew anything about an opening in that area. She said she had no idea. Then we started going through all of the possibilities and she said it was probably a Walmart. She did some checking around to see if anyone else knew for sure and they did not. So then she encouraged me to apply for the position. I did not even bother with a resume. I just typed in a quick note explaining that I was currently a Hallmark employee. Then I asked where the job was located. The TA that posted the ad got back to me immediately. She did ask me if it was okay with my current TA for me to take on the new responsiblities and I assured her that it was okay. From that point on it never really came up again. I really don't think your TA will have a problem with it. As long as your new responsiblities would not cause difficulty with your current schedule I don't think they would mind.

Cynthia
Go to Top of Page

CarrieK

Boynton Beach, Florida
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2008 :  3:39:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have posted here before but have recently been hired as an Installation Leader for the Walgreens team. We are converting the Walgreens to the New wood look. I am in Palm beach county and hiring for the install team. You must go through Monster.com to get the process started. If Interested please email me, and I will give you the job codes.
des_63@yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ģ Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums