Page: of 5

MarionR
Star Contributor

Delaware County, PA
USA
345 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  2:50:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tina

Try this on for size and then determine if Walmart will be a good fit for you.

http://forum.volition.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26256&SearchTerms=walmart

Marion
Gold Certified July 2005
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  1:19:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did my first real training Tuesday morning. I loved it. My DM or Tm (not sure what they call it) is awesome. She is super nice. The wallmart employees were super nice also. I worked with the manager, dept. manager and the manager over the balloons. All seemed very easy going. I have not trained in my other Walmart, but I hope it goes as well as this one. I will be on my on in this store now. The rep covering the store now will be working with me to do a switch or something the middle of month, then the stores will be all mine. I do wish they paid more, but with the locations so close and the job really easy its all good.

Tina
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2008 :  6:08:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wanted to update on Hallmark. This job is great. I am getting double the hrs and the mileage went up. I love all 3 of my walmarts. I love doing the party supplies. This is turning into my favorite job.

Tina
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1709 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2008 :  05:34:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tina, you should try to get on some reset teams or try doing some installations for Hallmark. They are a blast!
Go to Top of Page

Chelsea B.
Apprentice

Greenville, NC
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  5:05:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have applied for several merchandising jobs with Hallmark over the past few months. I have 3 years of merchandising experience, and I have done greeting cards before. No one has contacted me. Is this typical? Is there anyone out there that works for Hallmark in the Greenville, NC area? Does anyone have a name or an email address so I can contact them directly?

Chelsea B.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly M
Valued Contributor

Clarksville, Arkansas
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  5:50:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also applied for HallMark in my local area, I know they have not hired because the opening is relisted again.So dont know if they are super picky or maybe they did not get my application. HUM dont know.

Kelly M
Go to Top of Page

Cynthia Wilson

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2008 :  12:22:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Chelsea and Kelly,
I have worked for Hallmark for almost 2 years. Anyway, it took quite some time to hear back from them in the beginning. You just have to be patient(easier said than done..lol). Hopefully, they will get back to you soon. :)

Also, Tina I'm glad you like your Walmart accounts. Are your accounts NFL or are you helping out in a full-line store? I have one NFL Walmart account (meaning AG is the main supplier and Hallmark has products within the dept). Then I have Kohls,Barnes& Noble,Party America and Toys R Us. Kohls/Party America are every other week. I like all of my accounts but the Walmart requires more work (oh and I enjoy putting party product out too...my only account with party product). The main reason I hang on to my Walmart account is that I really like the department manager and the AG rep for the store. Also, I don't have to worry about them cutting my hours for my Walmart account.

Anyway, welcome to the Hallmark! It truly is a great job!

Cynthia
Go to Top of Page

MaddieHarrison

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2008 :  1:38:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
All my stores are NFL accounts. They have never mentioned the other accounts you are working with. But with the 3 stores I have I get a lot work. I have been with them since May and when hired I was going to be working 1 store 2 times weekly and other 2 1 time weekly. All 5 mths i have never had a week I only serviced with this schedule. I have always had 1 extra day a week with each account; plus all the extra revisions etc make it 2 extra visits. I love this job.

Maddie
Go to Top of Page

Cynthia Wilson

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2008 :  6:13:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yeah, my NFL Walmart is a Celebration store so I have to go in two times a week. I was hired for my Kohls first. Later I applied for the Walmart accounts (had two but let one go once we had to go in twice a week..mainly because of the travel time). Then later I added Toys R Us and the other accounts recently. I have three different TA's and three different TR's. It works out great though. There is a lot of work in my area. I used to help out with Walgreens installations a lot. I enjoyed those. Now I don't have enough time to do them. I have frequent revisions with my other accounts though. So I'm always busy. :) I truly love my job though. I love the flexibility. :)

Cynthia
Go to Top of Page

AshleyBS

GA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  3:42:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Where do I go to apply for Hallmark reset jobs? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Cynthia Wilson

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2009 :  04:57:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They used to hire via Hiring Edge website. Then they started using Monster.com . I learned back in November that they were going to use another company. I just did a search on Yahoo jobs and came up with a lot of positions in different cities. If you want to be on a team that goes in and does revisions for a particular store or sets up new stores then the position you are looking for is an Installation merchandiser. If you service(regular merchandiser) a dept you will participate in on-going revisions within the dept. The work for installation merchandisers is sporadic. Sometimes they will go a month or more without work but then they are working non-stop for a few months. In between many times they will help with regular store revisions (for instance if my account is having a revision and we need additional help we might call to see if they want the hours to help us). Good luck. It is a great company to work for...

Cynthia
Go to Top of Page

Stacey the Foodie
Apprentice

Indiana
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2010 :  09:11:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've just recently gotten into merchandising, and I've taken a few recurring jobs in my area; one doing dvds at DG, one doing trading cards at BAM, and one doing balloons at WM. There's a part-time Hallmark installation team position open in my area, and I'm wondering if it's realistic to think that I could take that on. The job description says it would be sevicing WM within a 50 mile radius, and requires "flexibility" because I'd be on call.

Can anybody with experience tell me what to expect and whether or not it's a good idea to pursue this?

Thanks a bunch!

Stacey
Go to Top of Page

KarenAA
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  11:11:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Was wondering how long it takes to hear back after an interview with Hallmark. I had one about 2 weeks ago and status has not yet changed. Am getting very anxious.

Thank you for any info.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

AshleyBS

GA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2010 :  1:32:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What is the new web site that Hallmark uses to list available jobs? I had it bookmarked and recently lost everything off my computer. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

BrianInGA
Valued Contributor

Columbus, GA
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2010 :  4:24:49 PM  Send BrianInGA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The easiest way to get to it seems to be clicking on 'careers' from the main (www.hallmark.com) website.

Brian
MSPA Silver Certified - Contact me for your shopping and merchandising needs in Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL
Go to Top of Page

Minerva

AZ
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  06:52:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been a field merchandiser for Hallmark for almost a year. I simply applied through the Careers link on their website. It took about 2 months after I turned in my application before I got a phone interview for a part-time position in my area. I don't do Walmarts and I'm glad about that. I've seen those cards and it's more work than I want.

I have 3 accounts that I service regularly and I really love the work. I have a great supervisor. She's always available when needed but for the most part, I work alone. The only time I've been on a team was a reset for one of my accounts and other field merchandisers from a nearby city came down for the day to help.

Minerva
Southern Arizona
Go to Top of Page

BobbiDav
Apprentice

Rochester, MN
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  12:16:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would like to apply to be a field merchandiser for Hallmark. I am concerned about the resume part. I think I might really enjoy it. I was in nursing several years ago, since I have been pretty much just doing mystery shopping and being a stay at home mom for several years now, how would I put the mystery shopping into the resume? It is hard to explain what I am trying to say. Would I list all the companies and what I did for them? Also if they ask about contacting these companies, the can't I do not think? I am not sure how to go about the application.
TIA.

Bobbi
Silver Certified...going for the gold!
Go to Top of Page

Minerva

AZ
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2010 :  11:39:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BobbiDav

I have been pretty much just doing mystery shopping and being a stay at home mom for several years now, how would I put the mystery shopping into the resume? It is hard to explain what I am trying to say. Would I list all the companies and what I did for them?

On my resume to Hallmark, under Work Experience, I listed that I was currently an IC working as a part-time merchandiser and mystery shopper. I didn't list any companies that I worked for, since as an IC I work for myself. I put in a short paragraph of what types of merchandising and MS work I was doing and the skills I use to do it.

I did have a past career as a CPA from which I'm retired and that was also listed on my resume. While I listed addresses, I didn't put down any phone numbers of past employers. On the bottom of my resume, I said that references were available on request.

During my phone interview, I was never asked for references or phone numbers other than my own. The entire interview was about being a merchandiser, my customer service skills, working independently and making independent decisions in the field. I was given hypothetical scenarios and asked how I would handle it.

FYI, to be a field merchandiser for Hallmark, you must have a landline phone. It's mandatory.

I'm really happy working for them. I think you should go for it and apply. Good luck with your application.

Minerva
Southern Arizona
Go to Top of Page

JaniceA N TN

Greeneville, TN
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2010 :  06:09:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A position opened up here in my town. I have accepted it and will have a phone interview on Tuesday. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. It is for retail merchandising in our WM.

Thanks,
Janice

Janice
Go to Top of Page

Ashley Rene
Valued Contributor

Georgia
USA
104 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2011 :  11:43:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi guys!
Last week I met a Hallmark merchandiser in one of my Walmart stores, and she urged me to apply through the Hallmark website, because she knew for a fact that jobs were posted (her scheduler notified her of the job postings). She even passed my info along to the scheduler, and emailed me to let me know when she'd done it.

Since then, I've applied through the website and waited patiently. Finally, I received an email from Hallmark... it thanks me and asks me to contact my scheduler. The ridiculous thing is, it doesn't give me any information about my scheduler, who to contact, or where to look for such information! I'm pretty miffed, as this makes absolutely no sense at all... It's like they're saying "Welcome! Here's your first jigsaw puzzle".

I've contacted the merchandiser I met before, asking for her to pass her schedulers information along to me. I'm pretty sure the vendor logs in most of the stores I visit have business cards on the Hallmark sign-in log, so I'm going to go that route if I reach a dead end.

My question is this - was I supposed to get another email with more information in it, or something? =\ Or should I be getting a call? I see some of you who posted above got calls, but I'm not really sure how things work currently.

Thanks! Below is the email!
______
Dear Ashley,
Thank you for your interest in additional employment opportunities with Hallmark. As a current Hallmark employee, you are not required to complete the application process again. Please contact your current supervisor to communicate your interest in additional opportunities.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
The Hallmark Staffing Team
Please do not reply to this email.
_____

Ashley Rene
Shopping Augusta, GA CSRA and Surrounding and never sleeping.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums