Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2011 :  5:47:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Big Sue, as I said in a previous post that SRS/Zoom has different accounts. I do not have the same stores you do. We do not do cc at our stores.... & thank goodnesss!!

Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2011 :  12:47:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am signing up with Essential Staff Care. The coverage on my present policy has maxxed out and this is cheaper. No sense in paying $126 per month. This is limited health care benefits but I cannot afford Blue Cross/Blue Shield and am not eligible for welfare etc.
Go to Top of Page

BrianHanson37
Valued Contributor

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2011 :  7:41:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just got done doing the Pamida project for them, they were great with high gas prices and trying to get me the money I need to do the jobs. They were just happy I was willing to travel to the remote locations. Also the project mgr Denise, always a help!
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2011 :  2:02:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just a word of warning.... Assante did not take out the proper amount for my insurance and I was told before I signed up Essential Staff Care would always cover.... well they do NOT. I ended up with a Dr.'s bill of $170 I have to pay. I am signing up for self pay and keeping the insurance as it is good insurance. I have never had health insurance where I got a $10 check and the Dr. was paid.

My pay was also wrong and not by a few bucks.... it is wrong by over $70. ALWAYS check your pay. I do not know (at this point) where the error occurred.... either by SRS or Assante (Archco).
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  06:37:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just found out from Essential Staff Care that SRS is paying 2/3 of the policy and we pay 1/3. If the payment is not received from Assante (for example: payroll error or not enough hours).... they will not cancel the policy for 6 weeks. If the policy is cancelled they turn us over to Cobra (same provider) which only costs 2% more.
Go to Top of Page

Lisa1961
Contributor

Tupelo, MS
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  07:37:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have just taken stores with Strategic Retail Solutions and will be merchandising Zoom eyewear. A lot of the comments were not so good regarding this company. I am concerned about the amount of time in the store verses the work. Can anyone else give me some information on this company?

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  10:33:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really like the Zoom eyeworks glasses. The displays are very nice and my boss is great to me. We are allowed up to 1.5 hours of service time but all accounts are different. It depends on what stores you are servicing. I do a local chain of drugstores that are only in this area. I do not do cycle counts for this job. Thank goodness for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What I do is keep a log sheet for every time I service a store. I put store #, if I did an order, credit and how much time is spent in store. I keep track of my pay too. If Assante makes a mistake they will make it up.
Go to Top of Page

Lisa1961
Contributor

Tupelo, MS
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2011 :  10:56:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sue and McBarb.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2011 :  08:46:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lisa, did you start for SRS? How is it going?
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  08:15:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MCBarb

Here is how you can contact Strategic Retail Solutions.

tel: 952-997-7700 | info@strategicretailsolutions.com

Despite some horrible reviews on this thread by a few members, I was going to look into employment with this company. But when I went to their site they have no "career/jobs" or merchandiser sign-up form. So I went to their contact us page and before I decided to send my resume via email, I decided to call them and ask if they have or plan to have work in my area soon.

Well, the phone # listed on the site (which is the same as the one provided above) is disconnected.

Is this company still in business?
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  08:19:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They advertise on indeed.com also.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2011 :  11:06:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, there are several openings in Southern California. Three of us (including me) quit last month. lol
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  05:40:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SRS changed payroll companies again. They went from Assante to Omega starting 12/26/2011. Oh brother ...now to fill out new hire paperwork and fax again.

I have had no problems with SRS... and never will.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  07:40:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MCBarb

SRS changed payroll companies again. They went from Assante to Omega starting 12/26/2011. Oh brother ...now to fill out new hire paperwork and fax again.

I have had no problems with SRS... and never will.

While I was still there, they went from Assante to Archco just a month ago. They have switched yet again?
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2011 :  08:00:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SRS went with Assante early in the summer. It has been a few months. They owe me a lot of $$ too. I have to figure it out and email my boss. Obviously they made too many errors. I hate the insurance policy... they cover nothing and nothing.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2011 :  09:17:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just noticed something...

it seems that some people on this thread are talking about one company and others are talking about another. Earlier on in this thread, a link was given to a website for the company whiich is http://www.retailsrs.com and the name of the company is Strategic Retail Solutions. This company is located in Ohio.

However, later on in this thread an email address is given which contains the domain of http://www.strategicretailsolutions.com . The name of this company is also the same but is located in IL and MN.

Clearly they are 2 different companies but they go by the same name.

Now I'm not sure which company this thread relates to and which company people on this thread are talking about when they are giving their reviews.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  06:26:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have no comment. LOL...
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  3:13:20 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Strategic Retail Solutions as I know them is in Ohio. They are in the process of switching payroll companies away from Assante (Payroll Company).
Now is a good time to apply in case someone else fails to submit paperwork for the new payroll company.
Application link http://retailsrs.com/careers

My DM is easy to get along with and often answers her own phone.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  3:27:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff68005

Strategic Retail Solutions as I know them is in Ohio. They are in the process of switching payroll companies away from Assante (Payroll Company).
Now is a good time to apply in case someone else fails to submit paperwork for the new payroll company.
Application link http://retailsrs.com/careers

My DM is easy to get along with and often answers her own phone.

Hmmm. Maybe those with bad experiences are talking about the other SRS at http://www.strategicretailsolutions.com in IL and MN.

Whichever one is the older company should send a cease and desist to the other one. They would win a case if brought into court even though the name is generic. 2 names, same industry, the younger will lose the case. Brand dilution among other things would be the suit. Too easy to make up a new name when you start a new company. No reason to steal someone else's. Just shows lack of creativity.

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisS
Contributor

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2011 :  8:04:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
SRS (based in OH?) has been a pleasure to work with. DM expects you to follow procedure to a T, but is always available by phone or e-mail to assist. I only wish they had more work in the areas I cover.

Providing merchandising and related services to Southeastern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums